X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimCity Societys - Coming Soon!

Exciting Game News!

This is the best game news I've seen in a long time. A new SimCity is on the way, "SimCity Societies." This is, by far, my favorite game franchise. Sure, I love Roller Coaster Tycoon and the Sims, but nothing sucks up my free time (what little of it there is) like good old SimCity.

The game will be released on November 13, 2007 but you can pre-order now on Amazon: Pre-Order on Amazon CLICK HERE

Here is the marketing spin on the new game:

Featuring an all-new, revolutionary feature set, SimCity Societies
    Features:
    • SimCity Societies is the most versatile city building game.
      • Combine and connect elements of your city like never before with the ultimate building block tool kit.
      • This innovative, modular approach to city-building makes SimCity Societies accessible to players of all levels, while still providing tremendous new possibilities to veteran players of the SimCity
    • Shape your city by choosing your values
      • Witness the evolution of your city as its appearance and sounds adapt to reflect these values.
    • Build unique homes, workplaces, leisure-time venues, and parks.
      • Choose from more than 500 unique objects which can be combined and connected in almost limitless combinations.
      • Take inspiration from a variety of architectural styles, ranging from the realistic to the fanciful, rural to urban, industrial to futuristic.
      • As your city evolves, you unlock new buildings to advance your society.
    • Share your creations with your friends online.
      • Modify almost everything in the game, from the names of your Sims and buildings, to building textures and statistics, and even Sim behaviors.
    Here's a sample screen shot:

Dusty is counting down the days. I'm that excited!

-The Dusty Sage

MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Re: SimCity Societys - Coming Soon!

Ok, well ... ummm ... I guess you might not be seeing me at the meets anymore once this comes out because it will consume me!

Comment

I lost a whole weekend once due to SimCity. It was their first game and I had never seen anything like it. I started playing on a Friday after work and the next thing I knew it was Monday morning. I don't think I got up once to sleep, eat, or use the rest room. It was the strangest feeling to suddenly realize that I lost a whole weekend.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Save

Comment

You know I always looked at SimCity and went, "Hmm, this is something I might like." but I was always worried that it would end up being to much "work" and no longer "fun." I'm interested on your take of it because the idea behind the game fascinates me but I never took that leap.

Your thoughts?

Thanks for the link Dusty, depending on your responses I might buy this.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
          You know I always looked at SimCity and went, "Hmm, this is something I might like." but I was always worried that it would end up being to much "work" and no longer "fun." I'm interested on your take of it because the idea behind the game fascinates me but I never took that leap.

Your thoughts?

Thanks for the link Dusty, depending on your responses I might buy this.
          I was always the builder type as a kid. I loved LEGO's and blocks and Lincoln Logs. So I suppose that is one of the reasons that I am so captivated by SimCity as an adult. You lay out cities the way YOU would want them. You choose the zones for Residential, Industrial, and Business. You choose the type of power and water to use. You act as Mayor and set the laws. And then you watch your city grow as you continue to expand into the suburbs.

The new game will add elements of civic complexity such as religion and political style. I'm most intrigued.

It sounds like a lot of work. But it is actually quite fun. It really is a lot like the Sims but on a larger scale. Instead of building a house and controlling the lives of a family of Sims, you are doing the same for a whole city (and region).

The last version even allowed you to import your Sims into SimCity - a cool little touch.

Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
            I lost a whole weekend once due to SimCity. It was their first game and I had never seen anything like it. I started playing on a Friday after work and the next thing I knew it was Monday morning. I don't think I got up once to sleep, eat, or use the rest room. It was the strangest feeling to suddenly realize that I lost a whole weekend.
            That's happened with me when I've played SimCity and The Sims. Mostly because one of my Sims had a family aspiration ... of 10 kids!

Comment

Can't wait! I've playing the Sim City games for a long time now and Societies looks very cool.
              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Tilted Mill handles this. I'm concerned that we are losing the RCI model of city building, as the Zoning (for me) was the most realistic angle, that and traffic planning.

City Life, another city-building game, was loads of fun. Yes, the buildings we're ploppable, but it was about managing the types of classes in your city, and preventing crime.

Well, it comes out November 14th, so we'll just have to wait and see. And knowing Tilted Mill, it wont be playable until the 3rd patch, like Caesar IV was.
                -Monorail Man

Comment

You act as Mayor and set the laws.
                  My husband loves SimCity - like you first and foremost over Sims. I just called him to let him know this is coming out and he said that he's going to wait for more conclusive reviews (yeah, he already knew. :lol: ) - but he had read that it was leaning more to a "god-like" control vs. a "mayoral" control.

He likes the mayoral aspect more. I'd be interested in hearing what it's actually like.

It sounds like a lot of work. But it is actually quite fun. It really is a lot like the Sims but on a larger scale. Instead of building a house and controlling the lives of a family of Sims, you are doing the same for a whole city (and region).
                  I haven't played Cities since 4 but I feel in love, too. Another fun game that I like is Pharoah and the Rome Civilization (I think? It's been a while..).

I lost a whole weekend once due to SimCity.
                  I've lost more than one!

The other thing that happens is reality kind of takes on an altered hue after playing for that long. The real world feels like it should move faster or slower than it really is.
                  "But every night, when it gets dark
                  and the stars come out,
                  I'll look up on her behalf.
                  I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Why isn't it November 13th yet!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                      My husband . . . had read that it was leaning more to a "god-like" control vs. a "mayoral" control.
                      . . .
                      I haven't played Cities since 4 but I feel in love, too. Another fun game that I like is Pharoah and the Rome Civilization (I think? It's been a while..).

Oooooohhhhhh "God Like" I like the sound of that.

I played Pharaoh as well. I just love Civ type games!!!

Save

Comment

Oooooohhhhhh "God Like" I like the sound of that.
                        I'm not too surprised.

I played Pharaoh as well. I just love Civ type games!!!
                        Did you play the Asia Emperor one? It was made by the same company I think and soon after Pharaoh and had a lot of the same concepts!
                        "But every night, when it gets dark
                        and the stars come out,
                        I'll look up on her behalf.
                        I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

EA and BP (British/Beyond Petroleum) have teamed up in SimCity Societies:

EA And BP Collaborate To Include Climate Education In SimCity Societies New Game in PC Gaming's Most Popular City-Building Series to Feature Alternatives to Carbon-Producing Energy Sources
                          REDWOOD CITY-Oct. 10, 2007-Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) and BP have collaborated to include climate change education within SimCity Societies, the next iteration in the genre-defining city-building franchise that has sold more than 18 million games to date. The collaboration brings together world-class game building skills and industry expertise on energy, electricity production and greenhouse gas emissions to highlight the impact of electricity generation on the emissions of carbon dioxide that are linked to climate change. The low-carbon electricity choices and monitoring of SimCity's carbon emissions provide an entertaining, fully-integrated and accurate look at some of the causes and some of the major solutions available to combat rising levels of carbon and to help address the threat of global warming. SimCity Societies will be available at retailers across North America and Europe November 15.
                          "Since their inception in 1989, SimCity games have served as excellent creative and educational tools to convey complex subjects. With SimCity Societies, we have the opportunity not only to demonstrate some of the causes and effects of global warming, but also to educate players how seemingly small choices can have a big global impact," said Steve Seabolt, Vice President of Global Brand Development for The Sims Label at EA. "BP was one of the first major energy companies to publicly acknowledge the need to reduce carbon emissions and begin taking precautionary measures. As such, they are the perfect partner to help educate people on this important social issue in SimCity Societies."
                          The game does not force players to power their cities any specific way, but allows them to make choices, each of which come with advantages and disadvantages. Similar to real-life, the least expensive and most readily-available buildings in SimCity Societies are also the biggest producers of carbon dioxide, an invisible gas that contributes to global warming. Should players choose to build cities dependent on these types of sources for power to conserve their in-game money, their carbon ratings will rise and, at reaching critical levels, the game will issue alerts about the threat of the various natural disasters like droughts, heat waves and others that may strike their cities.
                          Alternatively, players can strive to create a greener environment and avoid hazards caused by excessive carbon emissions by choosing from a variety of BP Alternative Energy low-carbon power options. Using hydrogen and natural gas plants to wind farms and solar power, SimCity Societies encourages people to learn about some of the causes and consequences of global warming in an engaging, educational and meaningful way. While these power sources maintain nearby property values and keep the cities' citizens safer from disaster, they also mimic real-life in that they cost players more of their funds, and do not produce as much power as less green options that take up similar space. Informative real-world snippets about power production and conservation will also be available in-game, informing players of global warming issues both virtually and in reality.
                          "The time was right for this partnership. EA was developing the next iteration of the SimCity series at the same time that we were looking for opportunities to raise awareness about low-carbon power choices," said Carol Battershell, Vice President, BP Alternative Energy. "EA has a powerful reach to the next generation and BP has a suite of low-carbon power alternatives. In our collaboration through this innovative game, we can provide education on the issues surrounding climate change, its association with carbon emissions and the ability to take early positive action through low-carbon power choices."
                          The SimCity franchise is one of the most popular PC gaming franchises in history, having sold more than 18 million games worldwide to date since the SimCity launch in 1989. Subsequent base game releases include SimCity 2000tm (1993), SimCity 3000tm (1999) and SimCity 4 (2003). SimCity Societies is being published by Electronic Arts and developed by Tilted Mill Entertainment.
                          ###
                          Interesting. Yet another way to pull sponsors into my computer games.
                          -Monorail Man

Comment

Be careful Dusty. People die like that!
                            Originally posted by Aristocat
                            I miss David.
                            Originally posted by Ginarella
                            All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

It's Almost Here!!!!

Comment

Just 11 more days.
                                -Monorail Man

Comment

I kinda wish it was coming out like the week before Christmas so someone could buy it for me as a gift but since it's coming out this month, I'll be buying it for myself because I simply cannot wait to see if someone buys it for me or not. :blush:

Comment

So I just pre-ordered SimCity Societies on Amazon today so I could get the bonus content:
                                    Pre-order SimCity Societies for Windows and receive three additional buildings for your city: MegaCorp Housing, SkyRise Apartments, and Sleep Tubes Deluxe.
                                    I don't know what "Sleep Tubes Deluxe" are, but I want them now!

Pre-Order on Amazon CLICK HERE

-Dusty
                                    Last edited by Dustysage; 11-08-2007, 11:54 AM.

Save

Comment

Target is also having 3 free downloads of buildings when you buy it at the store. Best Buy doesn't seem to offer that so I'm buying it at Target.

Comment

Just got my call from GameStop, and my Preorder is in. Can't wait to play this tonight!
                                        -Monorail Man

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X