This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still playing RCT 2?

I tried to get into RCT 3, but kept finding myself going back to 2. I recreated Disneyland Park, California Adventure, and The Magic kingdom in Walt Disney World. Here's the website that has my Disneyland Pics.
    http://ohiolandshark.googlepages.com/disneylandrct2
    Comments are always welcome.

Re: Anyone still playing RCT 2?

Rarely.

I'm into RCT3 now.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I still play RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. I am not very quick with progress on my parks...

Comment

That looks pretty darn good to me. I worked a lot with RCT1 and had all the add ons. I got RCT2 and a bunch of extra stuff from the internet but never get into RCT2. I am amazed at your Small World facade. It's perfect and I can't figure out how you did that. The Castle is the best I have seen yet. I got into RCT3 and really built a lot of cool Parks but then my computer crashed and I not have an "intrem" unit and it just is not powerful enough to run game let alone build anything. But your work on a Disneyland Park in RCT2 quite frankly is the best I have seen yet. You did real good and it's up to date with Finding Nemo Subs. Good Job all the way around from Main Street to Small World. I would know instantly what Park this was without being told, just by looking at the pictures.
        Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Thanks, I (sadly) update the park also with the seasonal decorations as well. Right now I have the HalloweenTime decor up, including the Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Comment

OK. How do you do this in RCT2. Are there still sites around with custom scenery for that game? Let's see some pictures of HM with Holiday Layover and anything else you have done for Halloween. I might just try RCT2 again if you tell me there is still an active internet support with custom scenery, etc.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
              OK. How do you do this in RCT2. Are there still sites around with custom scenery for that game?
              Yes. RCT2.com and RCTMart.com would be two good resources for custom scenery. RCT2.com has the Amazing Earl Archives, which are simply amazing. The Spotlights at NEDesigns.com are not only wonderful, but chock full of custom scenery.

Comment

I went back to RCT2 for only a few days months ago. But I really like looking at my creations from ground level. So that drew me back to RCT3 and I have made some really good stuff on RCT3 since then.

I like RCT2, but I like being able to make videos with the flying camera even more.

Comment

Me too. But that version won't run on this stupid computer and we are not even close to getting the old one taken care of. The Tech guy hasn't had the time for the last three months to even come buy and pick it up. Meanwhile this intrem computer is driving me crazy. About the only thing I can do is email and look at sites on the internet. Movie Maker barley runs but I am trying to put together the last Park I did in RCT3 before the system crashed.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Oh yeah. Just dusted it off recently. I had RCT3 and all of its addon packs, which are top notch by the way. Buuuuuttt.... the game is forced to a crawl whenever I put anything interesting in the park, and it takes forever to build anything. Sometimes you just wanna quickly slap something together.
                    That's when I remembered RCT2. Found it and an addon pack in Best Buy for 10 bucks for everything- and its like rediscovering a lost friend. There is an astounding amount of custom scenery and additional rides on the web as well and the game still has that classic 'fun'. Plus I can drown peeps again!!!
                    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                      Me too. But that version won't run on this stupid computer and we are not even close to getting the old one taken care of. The Tech guy hasn't had the time for the last three months to even come buy and pick it up. Meanwhile this intrem computer is driving me crazy. About the only thing I can do is email and look at sites on the internet. Movie Maker barley runs but I am trying to put together the last Park I did in RCT3 before the system crashed.
                      If I were you, I'd start calling this guy up and would ask him to take care of the computer. That's usually what I wind up doing and it gets the job done.

Who knows, maybe he forgot about your computer LB and placing a call to remind him wouldn't hurt.

Comment

lazyboy970 had it right, both of those websites have plenty of custom scenery to keep you busy. I'll post what I have up now as soon as I can. I'll also try to get some pics of my California Adventure and Magic Kingdom

Comment

RCT2 is the only one I play. I just can't play 3. There are just too many things about it I dislike.

Comment

Funny we should be mentioning this.

Our new laptop moved to a crawl with RCT3 and frankly, we only needed the laptop for writing papers and playing City of Heroes whilst traveling.

But I still, STILL love me some RCT on the road. So I smuggled RCT2 onto the hard drive and was playing it while in California.

Of course, RCT3 kills the momentum, but at the same time, RCT2 runs so fast that the peeps vomit from sheer energy expenditure.

Peace,
                            Roo
                            husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

I love RCT2 so much. It's WAY easier to use than the latest versions and quite frankly its just more fun!
                              Class of 2005...

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreetcm View Post
                                I love RCT2 so much. It's WAY easier to use than the latest versions and quite frankly its just more fun!
                                Well, we all have our opinions...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Yep. And I found very little difference in the controls for RCT3 from the earlier versions. Lay track the same way. Build paths the same way. Build buildings way easier and actually have peeps walk into them. And there are some things you can do with RCT3 that are pretty unbelievable. This link will take you to JMAinAZ site. I already put you to the proper page. Click on the TITANIC link. You will have to save it to your hard drive. The video is 33 minutes long and tells most of the story of Titanic using RCT3 and some custom built scenery and clips from the soundtrack. It is not a ride. It is the movie in condensed form and it is amazing. Watch the whole thing.

http://www.putmeonthenet.net/friends.htm
                                  Last edited by Lost Boy; 11-02-2007, 01:18 PM.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

My Disneyland package
                                    Here's the link for the Parks and Scenery, it's a zip file
                                    http://www.uploading.com/files/V746K...isney.zip.html
                                    Here's the link for the custom1 music file you'll need (Just add it to your Data folder in RCT2)
                                    http://www.uploading.com/en/files/7UO6KXM2/Fantasyland_Music.zip.html
                                    Here's the link for the custom2 music file
                                    http://www.uploading.com/en/files/QYDVBVZA/Pirates_and_Mansion.zip.html
                                    Last edited by ohiolandshark; 11-14-2007, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I didn't know there was still enough interest in RCT2 to make scenery packs and music files. Would these music files work on RCT3 as well. It takes just about any music file format, including MP3.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Those were wave files used for the RCT 2 Disneyland parks. If you still play RCT2 and want to download the parks, you'll need the scenery that's included. The music also goes with it, if you want the full experience.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X