This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In search of a Wii....

How much did you pay though?...I refused to pay more than retail.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

How much did you pay on eBay? Just out of curiousity?
      A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
        Finally got it! And all the goodies to go with, so that Christmas morning we all can play!

Sent hubby at 5AM to EB Games so he would be there at the opening of 7AM!

Mission Accomplished!

What games did you get?

Comment

We ended up with Pokemon Revolutions (?), Mario Galaxy, and something else. The Olympics one, with Sonic and Mario. An extra Wii-mote/nunchucks and upgraded memory card.

I think. My husband was the picker-outer.

Comment

I've seen them on ebay from $250.00 and up. The latest search has them at about $400.00, but they includes games, controllers...blah, blah, blah....If I had won the one on amazon ti would be on ebay...

Comment

Those game bundles are just the 5 sports games that come with Wii anyway and 9 games from Wii play. I bought all of that plus extra controllers and a recharger for under $400.00 including tax with $0 shipping charges. So I feel pretty good about the purchase.

I also didn't win the Amazon auction (thanks for the info anyway).......but if I'd won it would have allowed me more money for other things!

- Wolfette

Comment

so wait...you got it now Wolfy?

wii friend code exchange!
                PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

What's a Wii friend code exchange? New to this world of gaming.

- Wolfette

Comment

I must have been extremely lucky when I got my Wii back in August (probably an "off-season" time with school coming and what-not). I called Best Buy at liek 4 PM and they said they had some and I didn't get there until about 7:00 and they still had about 2-3 left after I bought mine (but since I'm not a big Best Buy supporter I went to Gamestop to buy Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, and Battle Revolution (a little guilty pleasure)).

I'll go check my Wii to find out where to get the FC. I can't remember...
                    but wiht it you can play against people on online games (Battle Revolution, Mario Strikers Charged, and Guitar Hero III for instance) or to send messages to other people's Wiis (some games let you take screenshots you can send to friends like Super Mario Galaxy).

Edit:
                    To get the code click the envelope button at the bottom right corner of your Wii's Menu. When you get there click the peice of paper icon on the left. In there click the Address book and it'll show you it.
                    If you want to add me, my code is 1510 2738 5787 1848
                    Last edited by Jack's Return; 11-24-2007, 08:14 AM.

Comment

If you are looking for a Wii then Best Buy is your friend this week. They will be in the Sunday 12/2 ad so EVERY Best Buy will have at least 18 in stock when they open up this Sunday. ALL stores are getting MAJOR shipments of them this week. Here in SD each BB got between 100 and 350 Wiis in starting *today* and depending on the store some will start selling them now and hold a % for Suday, or they will hold all they are getting this week for Sunday. So call up your local BB and ask what they are doing.

Comment

I heard too, Best Buy was the best place to go.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                          What's a Wii friend code exchange? New to this world of gaming.
                          Each Wii has a code, so you have to give your code to another person to play some games multiplayer, and send messages / Miis, etc.

Comment

I'd give Aahs a shot because they do carry the Wii, aren't a first stop for gamers, and often have signs outside saying they have Wii's in stock.
                            my website: http://creamcheesealchemy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kiba View Post
                              I'd give Aahs a shot because they do carry the Wii, aren't a first stop for gamers, and often have signs outside saying they have Wii's in stock.
                              Aaahs sells them at a massive markup. But I guess if you rather spend the money than do the legwork..... I personally would at least TRY the other sources first
                              I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                              sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

I'm probably going to get a Wii and my favorite source right now (because I don't really care for the bundles) is the Gamestop Backdoor Inventory:

http://www.gamestop.com/productavail...tus=A&bn=False

just replace the zipcode with your own where it says "zip=....." and you can see where they have wiis near by and if they're going to restock

Around here, there are none at these stores because of the holiday sales but the restock is coming in the next few days

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

looks like I'll be hitting Best Buy Sunday morning.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
                                    and my favorite source right now ... is the Gamestop Backdoor Inventory
                                    Sorry, when you said that it made me think of this totally cute guy that works at my local Gamestop.

Errr.... ahem.

Carry on.
                                    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                                    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Ahh I got to Toys R Us two hours early today to get mine. My co-worker has a second job there and told me just what to do. They handed out 26 vouchers to the first 26 in line at 7:30 (I was #11). So glad its done!

I did see someone lie who did NOT have a voucher and leave with a Wii! Just showed up 20 minutes prior to opening and lied. My friend said they actually had 35 and I hope so. I would hate to think that someone who was there in time to get the voucher missed out.

Comment

any news on the next round of shipments?

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Anders, call the Play and Trade on Jeffrey (near El Cholo Cantina). That's where we got ours. It's a new store and I don't think many people know about it yet. The guys were really helpful. Hang on...949-653-PLAY.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X