X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolfy
    replied
    Re: In search of a Wii....

Some have just been shipped in to a store here in Garden Grove.....Game Geeks at Brookhurst & Chapman. Just was told a few minutes ago.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hamand
    replied

I can count the times I've seen them on shelves at retail on one hand. I saw some at a Target one Sunday morning, I saw some at a Wal-Mart one evening, I saw some at a Costco in Santa Cruz, and at a Costco here in San Diego. That's it.

I was 13th out of 20ish in line when I got ours a few months ago.

And I got one as a gift for my SIL's college graduation by accident. I was in Gamestop trying to pre-order a game for my wife and the shipment had just come in. I was in line, when I got to the counter I got one them. Wasn't even planning on it. And they didn't have the game I wanted to pre-order.

Leave a comment:

• sleepyjeff
    replied

I visited no less than 21 different stores about 65 times before I gave up(I kept missing the shipments by mere minutes sometimes).

Then...

I was at Walmart(a store I normally try to stay clear of) of all places for a sale on mixed nuts when I noticed a woman with a wii in her cart.....I hightailed it over to electronics only to find that the wii display area was empty--a sight I was very used to seeing--. I asked a salesgirl if there were any left expecting to hear the normal "no, we just sold the last one" but instead she said "let me check in the back"...

15 minutes later she comes back with her hands empty....."sorry, I thought we had one last box but I guess we must of sold them". Just then another clerk comes out of the back with a box and says "here's the last 3 wii's" . His customer was overjoyed because this was "the third store" he visited By this time another person had arrived who wanted a wii too...luckily there were 3 and we all got one

Leave a comment:

• CelestialImperium
    replied

So I gave up searching for a wii the same day I started and gave in to ebayexpress...it was higher than the retail price but I am getting it tomorrow , so I am happy

Leave a comment:

• Zorro825
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    If I was a kid I'd hate getting a certificate for the Wii than not getting one at all.

Here kid is this thing we got you ... but you can't play it for a month.

Honestly, Game Stop has been pissing me off lately ... but for other reasons than just that.
    Kid 1:What'd you get for Christmas?
    Kid 2:NINTENDO WII!!! How about you?
    Kid 1:Rain check! Woo-hoo!!

At least they give it to you in a DVD case that says "Your Wii is on the way!!" :botox:

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
    From what I've read online, the big shipment that the biggies put out this last weekend was the last before Christmas.

If nothing else, you can got to Gamestop on Friday and get in on the pre-order program...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/gamesto...ram-334053.php
    If I was a kid I'd hate getting a certificate for the Wii than not getting one at all.

Here kid is this thing we got you ... but you can't play it for a month.

Honestly, Game Stop has been pissing me off lately ... but for other reasons than just that.

Leave a comment:

• justjohn
    replied

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    So I have joined the wii search a bit late but I am still positive about it. I will go up and down everywhere I could think of I have to.
    From what I've read online, the big shipment that the biggies put out this last weekend was the last before Christmas.

If nothing else, you can got to Gamestop on Friday and get in on the pre-order program...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/gamesto...ram-334053.php

The Wii Certificate program will run just one day, Friday, December 21. Customers will be able to go in and hand out the full $250 to reserve a Wii console for pick-up on January 25. Reservations must be made in-person at any GameStop or EB Games location in the U.S., including those in Puerto Rico and Hawaii. The number of reservations available at each store is limited and only one Wii can be reserved per a household.
    The certificate itself will be in a custom-designed DVD case featuring a picture of the Wii and Mario. Once the reserved Will arrives customers will receive a telephone call saying it's available for pick-up.

Leave a comment:

• MousieMagic
    replied

My manager is in search of a wii for her daughter... I'm selling her mine. I'm charging the normal price. She can have her's on Christmas day and I can wait for my raincheck from GameStop for another one.

I'm going to go buy Nights tomorrow too >.< only to give up my Wii for a month in a few days.

Spirit of giving! ^.^

Leave a comment:

• CelestialImperium
    replied

So I have joined the wii search a bit late but I am still positive about it. I will go up and down everywhere I could think of I have to.

Leave a comment:

• Rayangelo
    replied

Game Stop is a good place to get them from what ive heard.
    you should check with your local shops to see what time they get in their shipments..
    sometimes they get them early, or around midnight.. so it all depends.
    id reccommend asking around, and then trying to get there when the shipment comes in.
    good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Zorro825
    replied

Those of you still looking for a Wii, Target, Circuit City, Best Buy and Toys R Us will all have Wii's this Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• LLEBREKNIT
    replied

What I heard is that if Best Buy or Toys R Us have them in the weekend ads they will have them Sunday mornings. You just have to be very early.

Last Sunday when I went to our Toys R Us I was almost two hours early. I would say the people that got there more than and hour 20 minutes early were past the cut off and did not get vouchers when they were handed out 30 minutes before opening.

Leave a comment:

• SusieP.
    replied

Anders, call the Play and Trade on Jeffrey (near El Cholo Cantina). That's where we got ours. It's a new store and I don't think many people know about it yet. The guys were really helpful. Hang on...949-653-PLAY.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied

any news on the next round of shipments?

Leave a comment:

• LLEBREKNIT
    replied

Ahh I got to Toys R Us two hours early today to get mine. My co-worker has a second job there and told me just what to do. They handed out 26 vouchers to the first 26 in line at 7:30 (I was #11). So glad its done!

I did see someone lie who did NOT have a voucher and leave with a Wii! Just showed up 20 minutes prior to opening and lied. My friend said they actually had 35 and I hope so. I would hate to think that someone who was there in time to get the voucher missed out.

Leave a comment:

• Chernabog
    replied

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    and my favorite source right now ... is the Gamestop Backdoor Inventory
    Sorry, when you said that it made me think of this totally cute guy that works at my local Gamestop.

Errr.... ahem.

Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied

looks like I'll be hitting Best Buy Sunday morning.

Leave a comment:

• CelestialImperium
    replied

I'm probably going to get a Wii and my favorite source right now (because I don't really care for the bundles) is the Gamestop Backdoor Inventory:

http://www.gamestop.com/productavail...tus=A&bn=False

just replace the zipcode with your own where it says "zip=....." and you can see where they have wiis near by and if they're going to restock

Around here, there are none at these stores because of the holiday sales but the restock is coming in the next few days

Leave a comment:

• Chernabog
    replied

Originally posted by Kiba View Post
    I'd give Aahs a shot because they do carry the Wii, aren't a first stop for gamers, and often have signs outside saying they have Wii's in stock.
    Aaahs sells them at a massive markup. But I guess if you rather spend the money than do the legwork..... I personally would at least TRY the other sources first

Leave a comment:

• Kiba
    replied

I'd give Aahs a shot because they do carry the Wii, aren't a first stop for gamers, and often have signs outside saying they have Wii's in stock.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X