• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyre
    replied
    Re: Someone Changed My Password!

Originally posted by Flame View Post
    hmm.. you know what cyre.. we should keep record. and if it becomes a habit.. then we gotta do somin. if I Get Hacked Again ( HOPE NOT ) lol, i will keep record what day. AND sites.

Note, I said cracked. Not hacked. Cracking is what happened to us. Hacking is breaking into servers and computer systems and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• WDW Monorail
    replied

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
    This is a very sad and scary thing. I myself had my eBay acct. hacked into a while back. Thankfully, the only thing they did was send out spam messages from my ebay acct. and put a bunch of random stuff in my "watching." If they had gotten into my PayPal.... *shudder*

Be sure when you come up with passwords that you don't use something that is easy to figure out. A lot of times software programs are used to try to "guess" passwords using sophisticated algorithms. Or sometimes the crooks just get lucky and guess that your password is your dogs name (or something equally simple.)

Seriously, I have a different passwork for every site I go to that needs a password. (I have a little black notebook I keep by my computer where they are all written down.) I make sure that the password is at least 7-8 characters long, and contains both alpha AND numeric charaters randomly sprinkled through.

For example instead of using something like FruityPebbles for a password, I might use fru86tpe92 instead. Much harder to crack for even a computer.

And yes... I have a new improved password myself for my eBay acct. I was very lucky. It was eBay themselves that caught the deception and they contacted me after they locked the acct, so I was able to keep everything intact. But it could of turned out very different.

Sorry this happened to you. Good luck getting started again!
    Something similar occurred with my father and I's Ebay account. We began receiving e-mails inquiring about some items that we supposedly had up for auction. Now, we have never tried to auction anything at all. Luckily, Ebay caught the activity and everything worked out well.
    It is rather strange and somewhat funny that people can pass off that we were selling items that were not ours.

Zipidi-Doo-Da Tip For Today:

I know that some of you who read this are a little too young to do this but never save any credit card information on any foreign server. For example, if you were to purchase something from an on-line store and, at checkout, you are asked if you wish to save your credit card information, say no.

Leave a comment:

• NiceQueenKristina
    replied

aww i wonder who changed it. if you ever find it out go to disneyland.com and make your user with your log in user and your password and then edit your profile and change your password to anything you want it to be

Leave a comment:

• Flame
    replied

hmm.. you know what cyre.. we should keep record. and if it becomes a habit.. then we gotta do somin. if I Get Hacked Again ( HOPE NOT ) lol, i will keep record what day. AND sites.

Leave a comment:

• cyre
    replied

Funny coincidence today, my ebay account was cracked some how, and I know about suspicious sites and stuff, wonder how it happened, but ebay caught it in time, and nothing bad happened changed all my passwords to be safe.

Leave a comment:

• Flame
    replied

Thx And I Cant Make A New e-mail bc the mail is already taken.. * wonders *

Leave a comment:

• penguinsoda
    replied

This is a very sad and scary thing. I myself had my eBay acct. hacked into a while back. Thankfully, the only thing they did was send out spam messages from my ebay acct. and put a bunch of random stuff in my "watching." If they had gotten into my PayPal.... *shudder*

Be sure when you come up with passwords that you don't use something that is easy to figure out. A lot of times software programs are used to try to "guess" passwords using sophisticated algorithms. Or sometimes the crooks just get lucky and guess that your password is your dogs name (or something equally simple.)

Seriously, I have a different passwork for every site I go to that needs a password. (I have a little black notebook I keep by my computer where they are all written down.) I make sure that the password is at least 7-8 characters long, and contains both alpha AND numeric charaters randomly sprinkled through.

For example instead of using something like FruityPebbles for a password, I might use fru86tpe92 instead. Much harder to crack for even a computer.

And yes... I have a new improved password myself for my eBay acct. I was very lucky. It was eBay themselves that caught the deception and they contacted me after they locked the acct, so I was able to keep everything intact. But it could of turned out very different.

Sorry this happened to you. Good luck getting started again!

Leave a comment:

• TrueDreamerGirl
    replied

If you know what e-mail you used, you can either log on to that account or make it.

Leave a comment:

• KangarooPocket
    replied

Im sorry Flame! I hope to see you on VMK! :crybye: Hope you can restore your VMK account and make it better than before! :sweat: Good Luck with it!

Leave a comment:

• Flame
    replied

Thank you for contacting VMK.

If you attempt to register with VMK for the first time and receive the message that your e-mail address (is)already in use, it means that the email address is on record with the Disney registration system. There
    is no need to register the email address again; you may login using that email address.

We are unable to change passwords or email addresses through VMK.

However, you can find FAQs on how to change the details on your Disney member accounts here:
    http://psc.disney.go.com/guestservices/8499.html

Please note: unfortunately there is no way to change your date of birth or Member Name in your Disney Member Account. Should you wish to change your birthdate, or if you have forgotten what you entered, you will need to create a new Disney Member Account.

Thanks,

--
    VMK_Shorty
    VMK Player Support
    http://www.vmk.com

theres the message.. guess ur right Tom Chaney , im screwed.!

Leave a comment:

• kjhoffman87
    replied

my friend lilbumbles had her password removed or something and she has been fighting vmk for seven or eight months now. She called them and they have signed on as her so she didn't get deleted but they won't give her password to her for some reason? They told her her screen name was purged from the server? Whatever that means. Anyways, it wouldn't hurt to contact them on the issue and keep fighting for your account back.

Leave a comment:

• Cold_Summers
    replied

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    Go to:

Click the link "Forgot Password"

On the next screen, fill in your email in "Member Name" (the one you used when setting up this account.)

Fill in your real first and last name (pay attention to nicknames. Use the one you used to register. For instance, if your name is Robert but you used Bobby to register, the use Bobby, not Robert.

Fill in your birthday.

Your password will be sent to the email you filled-in.

This will match your VMK password.

If you used a phony email, you're screwed.

Like what Tom Chaney said. But if you remember the e-mail address this MAY work.. If its programed with MSN/AOL/Yahoom, Etc. Try to sign up with that e-mail address. If its already taken.. There isnt much luck.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied

Go to:
    http://disney.go.com/youraccount/

Click the link "Forgot Password"

On the next screen, fill in your email in "Member Name" (the one you used when setting up this account.)

Fill in your real first and last name (pay attention to nicknames. Use the one you used to register. For instance, if your name is Robert but you used Bobby to register, the use Bobby, not Robert.

Fill in your birthday.

Your password will be sent to the email you filled-in.

This will match your VMK password.

If you used a phony email, you're screwed.

Leave a comment:

• Flame
    replied

i cant get on vmk, and my user is my e-mail.. but thats not my real e-mail! if only.. i can regrester another e-mail on verizon, idk how ive looked!

Leave a comment:

• dude_is_me
    replied

Best to luck on getting your account password Does this also mean you cant get on to your e-mail or is just you cant get on vmk?

Leave a comment:

• Flame
    replied

Originally posted by MovieAddict View Post
    Ok first - if your username is your email -- why can't you just have the password sent to email???????

Secondly - a similar thing happened to me about six months ago - Friday night I logged off and Saturday morning it said my username/password were incorrect and I was never able to log back in - had to start from scratch and i had a beta character from day one

- Hosts won't be able to do anything
    - Best bet is to actually call someone from Disney using the website for the # - they'll be able to send a password, but no reset it or anything

** My condolensces - welcome to the wronged of VMK **
    Thy Have A # On The Site? and Also ill open my room today

Leave a comment:

• WishDreams
    replied

Aww Flame! That Is Pretty Bad If That Happened To Me, I'd Just Try And Get All My Friends Back! Friends Are The Most Important Thing In VMK!! Btw, Try Opening A Room On monstershowdown So All Of Yer Friends From FontirMagic Was It? Can Come And Be Yer Friend Again! I Know I Was Yer Friend!

Leave a comment:

• MovieAddict
    replied

Ok first - if your username is your email -- why can't you just have the password sent to email???????

Secondly - a similar thing happened to me about six months ago - Friday night I logged off and Saturday morning it said my username/password were incorrect and I was never able to log back in - had to start from scratch and i had a beta character from day one

- Hosts won't be able to do anything
    - Best bet is to actually call someone from Disney using the website for the # - they'll be able to send a password, but no reset it or anything

** My condolensces - welcome to the wronged of VMK **

Leave a comment:

• TrueDreamerGirl
    replied

Flame, you lost your account, and I have plenty. I want you to take the ears back.

Leave a comment:

• Flame
    replied

Originally posted by TrueDreamerGirl View Post
    Flame, I am giving you your ears back.!!
    But Why?

I Gave Them To You. And I Want You To Keep Them.

P.S.S, :ot: Go On Aim Please.. lol, :ot:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X