Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSP Gets Official Web Browser...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PSP Gets Official Web Browser...

    Yep. Pspupdates.com has listed new information regarding the new software update coming July 27th.

    New Features include:

    Main function updated in system software version 2.0
    - Network
    Internet browser added
    * Macromedia Flash is not supported. A part of the web pages might not be displayed correctly
    * The startup of the internet browser can be limited.

    - Video
    Jump function added (UMD Video & UMD Music)
    A-B repeat function added (UMD Video & UMD Music & videos stored in Memory sticks)
    "4:3 mode" added to Video mode (videos stored in Memory sticks)
    Sound mute function added (videos stored in Memory sticks)
    MP4 (AVC) format playback support added (videos stored in Memory sticks)

    -Music
    Can accept music tracks in Atract3 Plus format from "Sonicstage" under version 3.2 (now for pre-order)
    MP4 (AAC) & Wave (Linear PCM) format playback support added (music stored in Memory sticks)

    - Photo
    Wallpaper function added
    Image receiving function added
    TIFF, GIF, PNG, BMP format supported

    - Settings
    "Korean language" added to "system settings" -> "System language"
    "Character set" added to "system settings"
    "Theme settings" added
    "Internet browser startup limit" added to "Security settings"
    "WPA-PSK (TKIP)" added to security method in "Network settings"
    Keyboard now support web input.
    * All the setting before the upgrade will be preserved.

    As most PSP users know, this is a firmware upgrade, meaning that it will update your system preventing you from playing emulators, any homebrew games and applications, and any other system modifications...

    PRETTY FREAKING SWEET THOUGH!

  • #2
    Re: PSP Gets Official Web Browser...

    You are right, MP4 and web browser is preatty sweet, but I think the emulators will be fixed quickly (I hope). I think Nintendo really dropped the ball not including a web browser on the DS.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: PSP Gets Official Web Browser...

      Originally posted by testtrack321
      You are right, MP4 and web browser is preatty sweet, but I think the emulators will be fixed quickly (I hope). I think Nintendo really dropped the ball not including a web browser on the DS.
      it's not to late for that anyone could make a browser for the DS at this point but Nintendo is concentraiting more on games which is fine with me

      I am interested in how portable browsing turns out for the DS

      I'd really like it though if they built a browser around an engine like Firefox

      so Sony's blocking emulators now? it's interesting but you know people will just work around it they always do (at this point mostly tech freaks own PSP's and so mods is just what will come with the territory) it might decrease with more games (I wonder if they'll be upgrading the megaman legends remake)

      I sure hope Sony gets out some flash support for that thing though gotta play those nifty flash gamez (though I wonder how effective it'd be mouseless)

      does it support Java that's a nice thing to have too (then again it's all hard to get functioning on a handheld they might have to deal with limitations just like cell phones)
      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: PSP Gets Official Web Browser...

        Originally posted by Jspider
        it's not to late for that anyone could make a browser for the DS at this point but Nintendo is concentraiting more on games which is fine with me

        I am interested in how portable browsing turns out for the DS

        I'd really like it though if they built a browser around an engine like Firefox

        so Sony's blocking emulators now? it's interesting but you know people will just work around it they always do (at this point mostly tech freaks own PSP's and so mods is just what will come with the territory) it might decrease with more games (I wonder if they'll be upgrading the megaman legends remake)

        I sure hope Sony gets out some flash support for that thing though gotta play those nifty flash gamez (though I wonder how effective it'd be mouseless)

        does it support Java that's a nice thing to have too (then again it's all hard to get functioning on a handheld they might have to deal with limitations just like cell phones)
        Sony has always been against the "Homebrew" emulators that are out. It's the reason why the keep having you upgrade your system. So far there have been 1.50, 1.51, 1.52, and now 2.0...

        What's clever on Sony's part, is that new games will automatically update your system. So you can't even play some of the newer games without having a 2.0 system.

        I hope eventually the PSP supports flash too. I want to put flash movies on my PSP!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: PSP Gets Official Web Browser...

          Originally posted by Soulquarian
          What's clever on Sony's part, is that new games will automatically update your system. So you can't even play some of the newer games without having a 2.0 system.
          Some games already force a firmware upgrade for some system owners. Coded Arms and Midnight Club 3 both require 1.00 users to upgrade to 1.50. It doesn't upgrade automatically, though. The firmware upgrade will cover up the UMD game icon in the menu until you upgrade, which is stored on the UMD.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: PSP Gets Official Web Browser...

            Originally posted by openattheseams
            Some games already force a firmware upgrade for some system owners. Coded Arms and Midnight Club 3 both require 1.00 users to upgrade to 1.50. It doesn't upgrade automatically, though. The firmware upgrade will cover up the UMD game icon in the menu until you upgrade, which is stored on the UMD.
            That's right. And some of the new UMD movies do the same thing...

            I wonder what everyone's going to do when Grand Theft Auto comes out?

            Comment

            Ad Widget

            Collapse
            Working...
            X