Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips On How To Stay Safe And Not Get Banned In VMK!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips On How To Stay Safe And Not Get Banned In VMK!

Hello There Fellow MiceChatters! Here's A Few Tips I've Learned Over The Year Of Being A VMK Member!

#1: Don't Do Taken!
    1 Reason: You Don't Know The Person Inside. It's The Person Inside That Counts, Right?
    Another Reason: What If The Person You Were Asking Was A 50 Year Old Wacko? Then That Would Be Bad.
    THREE SIMPLE WORDS. DON'T DO TAKEN!

#2: NO FALSE REPORTING OF ANY TYPE!
    False Reporting Will Totally Get You Banned. For Ex: You Are In The Pirates Lobby And You Are Reporting The Person You Played Against Just Because You Lost. THAT IS A FALSE REPORT. The 'Help' Button Is Only Used For Emergencies. Like If Someone Scammed You, Said Bad Words, Exc.

#3: Use The Boot Button And The Ignore Button Often!
    These Buttons Are Your Best Friends. If Something Is Totally Against The Values In Your Room, Ignore, Boot, And Report! If It's In A Public Room Like The Central Plaza, Report And Ignore. Simple Solution To ANY Fishy Convo.

#4: Scamming=Banned For A LONG Time!
    Trades Aren't Always The Best. In The Trading World, There's Many Many Greedy Players. Some Want Everything In VMK, Some Just Want To Make Friendly Trades. Like Myself, For 1. If A Trade Seems Just Too Amazing To Be True, Have A Past Leader Or A Close Friend There. If They Scam Ya, You Can Always Have A Back-up Report

#5: Help Other Players!!
    Many Players Are Guests. Help Them! Most New Players Need Help UNLESS They Have Another Account. Tell Them Where To First Start Off Exploring. Tell Them Tips. Tell Them Some Of The Tips I Gave You!

#6: NO PERSONAL INFO!
    Lots Of People Want To Give Out Personal Info, Such As How Old You Are, Whether You're Black Or White Exc. DON"T DO IT. It Will Eventually Lead To Ban. Also, Talking About Other Sites Such As MiceChat, VMKMagic, Or VMKLand Will Get You Banned As Well. Again, DON'T DO IT.

#7: HAVE FUN!!
    This Is The Most Important Rule EVER. Having Fun Was The Purpose Of VMK. If There Was No Fun Whatsoever In VMK, What Is The Purpose Of Opening The Game? So, Get Out There And HAVE FUN!!

I Hope My Guide Helped All People These Are Major Tips To Help Every Player. Have A Magical Day And Hope To See You In VMK Sometime!
    Last edited by WishDreams; 12-14-2007, 03:33 PM.

We're Kicking It All Over Town
    This Party's Getting Out Of Bounds
    Every Day's A Second Chance, So Get On Your Feet And Dance!
    Yup, I'm A Nickelodeon Celebration Fan! Thanks To My Friend Stitchon..
    Catch The Fever!
    http://www.kiasylum.com/features/kitunes/9.mp3
    *My Amazing Signature And Avatar Made By Piinoy, Thanks Again!*

My Signature Is SO Much Better Than Your Signature Alec! =p

Re: Tips On How To Stay Safe And Not Get Banned In VMK!

Nice! I Would Add 1 More. Don't Tell Anyone personal info, or talk about forums.. is .. saddly..

Comment

:oh. Thank You Flame

Catch The Fever!

Comment

Really good information Thanks for spending all of that time typing this Must of taken extremely long. Great work!
        ----Heather
        vmk name: Heather_Princess

:mob: :evil: :wave: :imtheone: :meet: :bow: :roll:

Comment

Thank You Heather. It Didn't Take As Long As I Thought It Would Of..LOL

Catch The Fever!

Comment

The only thing I dont get is that when I reported someone for cursing at people, VMK staff told me that the report button was for emergencies only and if I false reported again I will be banned.

Going by what I was told: What counts as an emergency then? Scamming you have to use contact us. What do they count as an emergency?

Edit: Sorry I had to put that out there; what counts as an emergency is confusing me.

Comment

Actually, Im sorry to say, but taken is OK.

I think Flame or Sword ( Forgot which 1 )
              Asked if taken Was ok.
              They said YES.
              Yes, You may be "Dating" a 50 Year old person, But its still OK, as long as you dont MEET up in real life.

Yes, it is ok, Alot of members, including me, dont like it, But we CANT stop it from going on in vmk.

I think, That taken is ok in SOME ways, But do i do it? No, But others still do it. If you go to far saying some, Adult language we are not going to mention, Then yes, you will be banned.

I think you need to change it to, Adult Language

Thanks,
              Sleepy

Comment

Okay, VMK staff does not take responsibility of how you take care of your items. Therefore, you trade at your own risk. If someone scams you, then you weren't careful enough. Scamming, sadly, is sometimes overlooked. There's not necessarily a solid rule against it. If you're worried the person is going to scam you, don't do the trade AT ALL. Usually you won't get your items back by just reporting after someone scams you.

Just had to put my two cents in. Otherwise, nice tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmk_Vmk_Addicted View Post
                  Actually, Im sorry to say, but taken is OK.

I think Flame or Sword ( Forgot which 1 )
                  Asked if taken Was ok.
                  They said YES.
                  Yes, You may be "Dating" a 50 Year old person, But its still OK, as long as you dont MEET up in real life.

Yes, it is ok, Alot of members, including me, dont like it, But we CANT stop it from going on in vmk.

I think, That taken is ok in SOME ways, But do i do it? No, But others still do it. If you go to far saying some, Adult language we are not going to mention, Then yes, you will be banned.

I think you need to change it to, Adult Language

Thanks,
                  Sleepy
                  how recently did you ask?
                  because i do recall that it was posted on the homepage that taken and baby were officially, not allowed on vmk and listed under "adult material".. so i would ask again ;]

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
                    how recently did you ask?
                    because i do recall that it was posted on the homepage that taken and baby were officially, not allowed on vmk and listed under "adult material".. so i would ask again ;]
                    Actually, Just recently.
                    It was last month? somewhere around there.
                    Vmk Values:

You Must NOT:
                    • Use ANY hacking, scripting or editing program that modifies VMK or changes the game. (This includes the use of code generation tools.)
                    • Steal from or Scam another Player.
                    • Discuss/describe sexual acts to other Players.
                    • Create or open any type of 'relationship' rooms. (This includes, but is not limited to, rooms that include words like 'meet,' 'pick,' 'get,' 'find,' 'have,' or 'taken' in the title).
                    • Create or open any type of 'Pay to Play' room. (This is a room where you pay the room owner to play a game and it's up to the room owner to award the prize. Charging for ANY type of activity is AGAINST VMK Values and will get you banned.)
                    • Harass or bother players that don't want to talk to you.
                    • Swear, use foul language or racist terms.
                    • Discuss/describe violent acts against yourself or other players.
                    • Discuss/describe adult themes or subject matter.
                    • Ask for or give out ANY personal information to another player. (This includes your password, e-mail address, telephone number, location, or other means of contact or personal information.)
                    • Type your password anywhere except in the Disney registration and log-in pages, or in the Contact Us section.
                    • Give away, trade or sell your VMK Character.
                    • Break the law in the game or talk others into breaking it.

Sorry i dont see anything, giving that its Officialy GONE.
                    Taken is ok, But you cant talk about Adult themed items, As explained above.

Comment

Whoops, I'm outdated. Looks like they made scamming a rule. The thing is... no one I know that's been scammed has ever gotten their items back in the end. So it's still not safe just to have someone extra there in case you do get scammed.

Comment

Originally posted by dance_is_life View Post
                        Whoops, I'm outdated. Looks like they made scamming a rule. The thing is... no one I know that's been scammed has ever gotten their items back in the end. So it's still not safe just to have someone extra there in case you do get scammed.
                        Well, Kind of. They only give things back to you if you get scammed out of MAJOR things.

The good thing is, they may get banned.

Comment

It's allowed as long as you do not take it too far to an adult content. As far as taken goes, those ' boys meet girls ' rooms are not allowed. The titles of the 'taken' rooms may not contain the word meet, pick, get, find or taken. A few other words, I'm sure. If a staff member happens to see an innapropriate room title/description, then they will edit it with unnacceptable room description/title. And on top of that, BABY is now in the vmk dictionary. So yes, I believe taken and baby are both wrong and innapropriate, but others disagree.

So ' adult terms ' are not allowed, yet baby and taken are. I happen to not get that.

Heather
                          ----Heather
                          vmk name: Heather_Princess

:mob: :evil: :wave: :imtheone: :meet: :bow: :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by soccerskinnyme View Post
                            It's allowed as long as you do not take it too far to an adult content. As far as taken goes, those ' boys meet girls ' rooms are not allowed. The titles of the 'taken' rooms may not contain the word meet. A few other words, I'm sure. If a staff member happens to see an innapropriate room title/description, then they will edit it with unnacceptable room description/title. And on top of that, BABY is now in the vmk dictionary. So yes, I believe taken and baby are both wrong and innapropriate, but others disagree.

Heather
                            Well, VMK decided to put 'baby' and 'taken' into the dictionary. That probably clearly states they still accept it, But not going to far.

Comment

And What Good Is It If They Got Your Stuff :POP

CRDIT TO LARRY. CREDIT TO GIGGLES

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X