This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zack & Wiki - amazing game for Wii

I only just got my wii and have only been able to start playing various games (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy) but I had heard so many good things about Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure that I had to get it as well.

It's about a boy pirate named Zack and his flying golden monkey Wiki. It's much better than it sounds trust me. You go off on various quests to get to the treasure. Each little quest though is a different puzzle.

It is a great game for the Wii, you may be misled by the artwork on the box that it's a game for kids, but it's a great puzzle game. I highly recommend this game, it's only $40 and if you're looking for a good game on the Wii this is a great pick up.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Re: Zack & Wiki - amazing game for Wii

Yeah, it's awesome. Reminds me of the old games like Monkey Island and Sam and Max
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Ohhh, that sounds awesome. I was just going to say ... reminds me of Monkey Island type of a game. Which I LOVE.

Not sure if we will be getting it for Xmas as we have 10 or 12 games sitting under the tree right now, but it's on the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazybirdman View Post
        Yeah, it's awesome. Reminds me of the old games like Monkey Island and Sam and Max
        I've been hearing great things about this game too. FYI, Sam and Max have new adventures on GameTap (they do them in 6 episode "seasons").
        I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
        sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

I REALLY wish we could actually get a new Monkey Island ... it's been WAY too long.

Comment

Man, this game was GREAT. I rented it, but now I want to BUY IT. Is it as short as everyone says?

But yeah, it looks great.

Comment

I gotz this game too and it is pretty fun

IGN really pushed this game alot with their buy Zack and Wiki campaign but it looks like it's having minimal impact

but it's cool to see there are people who are giving it a shot and interesting to see that more then just critics enjoy this game

anywho not sure if it's short or not I've heard it all depends on how good you are at solving puzzles since you can beat most levels in five min once you know the trick to beating em so it's mostly just trial and error in figuring these things out
              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post

anywho not sure if it's short or not I've heard it all depends on how good you are at solving puzzles since you can beat most levels in five min once you know the trick to beating em so it's mostly just trial and error in figuring these things out
                The puzzles are fairly difficult after the first few levels, I don't see anyone figuring them out in five minutes. The whole trial and error thing also stops being useful as the error part will end in poor Zack's demise much more frequently as you go on.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

The more I hear about this game, the more I want to make sure it's under the tree on Tuesday.

Comment

its a puzzle game?!

aw man, i was so looking forward to it until i saw that =/
                    PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                    Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                    3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat View Post
                      its a puzzle game?!

aw man, i was so looking forward to it until i saw that =/
                      Unintuitive fool, can you not bare to grasp a puzzling video gaming device and solve a few merely simplistic puzzles. Hark, I laugh at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                        The puzzles are fairly difficult after the first few levels, I don't see anyone figuring them out in five minutes. The whole trial and error thing also stops being useful as the error part will end in poor Zack's demise much more frequently as you go on.
                        well you have to use some logic to what you try of course can't poke at anything but it's still a part of the gameplay as sometimes you might not see a pitfall until you trigger it

I think failing can be fun though it's been a while since a game challenges like that, I remember my childhood of platformers that did that and now most games make it so you never die

and from what I've seen I don't think anyone would solve the puzzles in five min either but what I mean by that is if you already knew the solution by reading spoilers or a game guide then it might only take you five min but then your not really playing the game since the whole point is to solve the puzzles yourself
                        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Picked it up last night.

Only a few more days until we get to play LOTS of new games.

Comment

Originally posted by Inanimate View Post
                            Unintuitive fool, can you not bare to grasp a puzzling video gaming device and solve a few merely simplistic puzzles. Hark, I laugh at you.
                            verily, i must admit nay.

Games of a puzzling nature do not hold my interest beyond the first few games.

Resident Evil 4 > Resident Evil 1
                            PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                            Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                            3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

I played some more last night, I'm really liking this game. I think I'm on the 5th or 6th level. Definately fun, not too challenging, but challenging enough.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X