X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rock Band" coming to the Wii

http://wii.ign.com/articles/861/861448p1.html

Rock Band Announced

The industry's hottest music game is headed to Wii.

March 24, 2008
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Re: "Rock Band" coming to the Wii

Sweet, wonder if the GHIII guitars will work with the Wii version.

Comment

I know what my kid is going to ask for, for his graduation present now

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
        Sweet, wonder if the GHIII guitars will work with the Wii version.
        I would say yes due to the nature of the Wii (pretty much everything is based off the Wii remote), unless it requries different buttons.

Sounds cool, especially the part about 5 bonus songs for the Wii.

Looks like they're going to be competing Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, which is released one week after. I wonder what will come out on top.

Comment

Is GH: Aerosmith not coming out on the Wii?

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            Is GH: Aerosmith not coming out on the Wii?
            GH: Aerosmith is coming out for the Wii. That's why I was wondering which is going to do better.

Comment

Ahhh ... gotcha.

I think Rock Band will do better, or for people like me who have the other GH's on PS2, I'll probably end up getting Rock Band AND GH:Aerosmith with the Guitar for the Wii.

Comment

Does the Wii version of RB or GH3 get DLC?
                Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

nevermind, I answered my own question...

http://kotaku.com/371546/harmonix-no...ck-band-wiiyet

Regarding downloadable content: During Rock Band for the Wii development Harmonix focused on making the core gameplay experience as solid and enjoyable as possible while tailoring it specifically to the strengths of the platform. The Wii version still contains the robust four-player band experience and all the fun at the core of other versions of Rock Band. However, because the Wii's online capabilities and potential have yet to be fully realized, we wanted to wait before we explored online functionality for Rock Band to ensure that players get the high-quality of online performance they've come to expect.
                  Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

I love rock bands track list.. just can't justify buying it to play alone! No local gamers to play with here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
                      I would say yes due to the nature of the Wii (pretty much everything is based off the Wii remote), unless it requries different buttons.

Sounds cool, especially the part about 5 bonus songs for the Wii.

Looks like they're going to be competing Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, which is released one week after. I wonder what will come out on top.
                      I was thinking the same thing. If they use the same setup that "Guitar Hero III" used (Wii remote plugged into a shell) then I dont see why it wouldnt work.

I think "Rock Band" will sell extremely well regardless of the new Guitar Hero game coming out. The demand for it will be very high. I myself will get "Rock Band" before I get the new Guitar Hero game.
                      Out of the NIGHT....

Comment

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/24/ro...ions-answered/

Well more info is out regarding the Wii version of "Rock Band" and it looks like the Wii got the short end of the stick again. It will be an almost straight up port of the PS2 version. And to top it off NO DLC and NO Online play!! Grrr. I can understand the lack of DLC (Nintendo REALLY needs to get moving on that "Wii Hard Drive") but no online??? Even "Guitar Hero III" had online play for crying out loud!! Oh and it looks like our Guitar Hero guitar's will NOT work with "Rock Band". Here's more info

Will the Wii version of Rock Band include the Rock Band Store, and downloadable tracks?
                        When developing Rock Band for the Wii platform, we focused on making the core gameplay experience as solid and enjoyable as possible while tailoring it specifically to the strengths of the platform. The Wii version still contains the robust four-player band experience and all the fun at the core of other versions of Rock Band. However, because the Wii's online capabilities and potential have yet to be fully realized, we wanted to wait before we explored online functionality for Rock Band to ensure that players get the high-quality of online performance they've come to expect.

Will the Wii "bonus songs" be Wii-exclusive, or five songs included on the disc from the Rock Band DLC store?
                        We'll announce the songs closer to launch. Stay tuned!

Will the Wii version have missing or crippled features similar to the PS2 experience?Rock Band for the Wii will have functionality similar to the PS2 version.

If there is character creation, will there be Mii support when creating your Rock Band character?
                        No, there will be no character creator. When developing Rock Band for the Wii platform, the primary focus was to make the core band gameplay experience as fun and solid for everyone -- from the software to the Rock Band Wii drums, wireless Stratocaster guitar controllers and microphone peripheral. In tailoring Rock Band to the strengths of the Wii console, character creator unfortunately didn't make the cut.

Will Wii's Rock Band be compatible with Wii's Guitar Hero III guitar?
                        Harmonix and MTV Games believe in an open standard philosophy of hardware and game compatibility. We think that there should be interoperability between music instrument controllers across all music games. This is clearly in the best interest of consumers, game developers and console manufacturers and will only help to grow the music game genre as well as inspire innovation and creativity. Third-party developers and publishers are welcome to freely support the Rock Band peripherals in their games. Support for the GHIII guitar peripherals in Rock Band on the Wii was not possible without Activision's permission. Therefore, any questions regarding lack of compatibility with GHIII hardware should be directed to Activision. [In other words: No. Check out our updated 'Guitar Guide' for complete compatibility details.]

Will each instrument need to be connected to a Wii Remote?
                        The Harmonix development team considered a lot of options in creating the Rock Band for the Wii instruments. At this time, we felt that sticking with the current peripheral functionality was the best route. [Read: No Wiimotes necessary!]

Any changes to peripherals relative to the PS3/360 versions?
                        Check out photo for white drums!

Will the bundle include a powered USB hub, like the Xbox 360 release?
                        The bundle will ship with a USB hub.

Will Rock Band be widescreen, 480p compatible?
                        Rock Band for Wii audio will be in stereo with Dolby Pro Logic II support at launch. [The game] will also be 480p compatible.

At least the game will be in stereo. Take THAT Activision!! hehe
                        Out of the NIGHT....

Comment

looks like no reason to buy the Wii version if you have a 360 or PS3... its the suk

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                            looks like no reason to buy the Wii version if you have a 360 or PS3... its the suk
                            Actually, the guitars aren't cross compatible on PS3 either.
                            Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                              Actually, the guitars aren't cross compatible on PS3 either.
                              But the guitars are only one point... and my 360 controllers are all compatible. Thank you Microsoft for your Games Initiative!

Comment

Disney Interactive Rock Band for Wii?

I heard about a game DI is making for Wii. Kind of like RockBand but by Disney (not sure if its going to have anything disney in it though). I also heard you use the Wii remote and numchuck to play Drums, the wii remote to play guitar, and theyre thinking about giving outa microphone for singing.
                                Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                                sigpic

Comment

Re: Disney Interactive Rock Band for Wii?

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...wii-92989.html

Comment

Traded in our Wii Fit today and picked up Rock Band. I'm so freaking loving it. I'm actually thinking of trading in all of our Guitar Hero games (PS2) so we can get the 2nd guitar before our 4th of July BBQ.

Sucks that the guitars won't work with GHIII for the Wii.

Comment

Can you download songs for Rockband on Wii like you can on 360?

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Sounds great! But then you won't have GH for PS2.
                                        Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                                        FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                                        I bring the magic!!!
                                        "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                                        Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                                        Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Working...
                                        X