X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Rock Band" coming to the Wii

Originally posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Can you download songs for Rockband on Wii like you can on 360?
    not at this point. the game comes with a few extra songs but thats it.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
      not at this point. the game comes with a few extra songs but thats it.
      Thanks John I was just curious, I've found that we play more of our downloaded songs on Rockband than anything else.

The most common phrase in our house is "Ohhhh this song should be on Rockband" :lol:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

They also have a 30-song Track-Pack coming out in August. It's basically a new game with new songs, for only $30. I put my pre-order in for it. I'm assuming they will be the downloaded songs from the 360.

Comment

When they first announced this game I was so hyped up about it as you can tell from my original post. Then EA decided to give Wii owners a stripped down version of the game and my enthusiasm went away. Now I'm saving my money for "Guitar Hero:World Tour" in the fall. Activision is going all out to make the Wii version as close as possible in terms of options (DLC, Online play, etc) to the beefier PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.
          Out of the NIGHT....
          When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
          Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
          ---------------------------------------

Comment

Until they get a hard drive on the Wii, DLC is going to be hard to deal with.

I'm getting all twisted up on what to do next. Rock Band 2 was just announced for September and World Tour should be coming out around the same time. I only have so much room for drum kits and guitars.
            Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

So I finished the game on Medium last night, which means I opened up all the songs.

I'm totally loving the game, but I'm only going to give it 4 out of 5 Stars.

Why???

The "Bonus" songs.

When your playing Medium it says there are 63 songs. So imagine my surprise when I finished 51 songs and "Passed" medium. The remaining 12 songs, except for 1 are songs I've never heard of. Now, that's not to say they are all bad, or are not fun to play, because a few of them are, but I feel this is false advertising.

If they had just said 50 songs, and left it as that I would give it 5 stars. But the way it's set up, I feel somewhat cheated out of 12 songs. The way the set up the bonus songs in GHIII worked best I think, where you could "Buy" them, but didn't have to play all the songs to open up the one you liked. In my case, Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld. I had to go through 8 or 10 songs I had no desire playing to open it.

But the songs that are great, are great. There are probably 10 or so of the "Regular" songs that I don't care for, which isn't too bad. I'm also thinking were going to have to get the 2nd guitar so we can all play. Were having so much fun.

I just wish the GH guitars for the Wii would work for Rock Band. I want GH: Aerosmith.

Comment

Working...
              X