Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Excellent "Business" Analysis of why VMK is closing - John Frost, 4/15/08

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent "Business" Analysis of why VMK is closing - John Frost, 4/15/08

This article is really detailed, and gets into the business reasons why Disney is closing down VMK, and might not be for everyone, but for those that want to go "behind the curtain", it shows the real story...

http://thedisneyblog.com/2008/04/15/...dom/#more-3767

Much more at the link.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Excellent &quot;Business&quot; Analysis of why VMK is closing - John Frost, 4/15/08

I do believe that it was a total money issue.

It wasn't making money from them, and the Theme Parks themselves are doing great in terms of business, so they don't need the game to promote them, plus they are investing more money on other aspects of Disney online, so it seems natural to close VMK.

But I don't think Saluke has the influence they were talking about.

The game was run and sponsored by the Disney parks. I believe Disney only commissioned Saluke to design it.

Comment

Re: Excellent &quot;Business&quot; Analysis of why VMK is closing - John Frost, 4/15/08

very well written article, nice to see that someone out there cares

Comment

Interesting article, thanks for digging that up Darkbeer. It all makes sense to me. VMK was fun while it lasted, but now with the rights gone, it is time to move on.

Comment

If Disney had wanted to they could have properly promoted VMK from the beginning. It is clear they never intended to make it the commercial success it could have been.
          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X