This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haze not doing so well...

Damn... I was looking forward to this game too...

I didn't want Singstar to be my first game purchase for the PS3, but I guess that's what its going to be.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...3/haze#critics

All critic scores are converted to a 100-point scale. If a critic does not indicate a score, we assign a score based on the general impression given by the text of the review. Learn more...
    PSM3 Magazine UK
    So Haze, as a PS3 exclusive, is far from a reason to own a PS3. But there is a certain charm to it.

Gamer's Hell
    Ultimately, Haze is still sitting in the wake of Call of Duty 4, and falls into that category of being just another FPS.

GameSpot
    A seven-hour campaign and uneventful multiplayer modes just don't cut it in light of the far better modern shooters available on the market.

The Onion (A.V. Club)
    More narratively cohesive than the Halo trilogy, but less inventive and compelling than Resistance: Fall Of Man, Haze does finally give us a self-aware portrait of videogame soldiers, and a foil for all the head-butting, "boo-yah" behavior that's been the norm for far too long in the medium. Too bad it's paired with one of the more pedestrian FPS games to come along in recent years.

IGN
    Haze does not live up to the company's reputation thanks to a horrible plot, weak gameplay mechanics and visuals that are truly underwhelming. While playing with friends is enjoyable, not even those are enough to bring this lackluster title around.

Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Re: Haze not doing so well...

Just like movie reviews, I say play it for yourself and see what YOU think, If you only go by these places you must miss out on lots of really good things in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDude View Post
      Just like movie reviews, I say play it for yourself and see what YOU think, If you only go by these places you must miss out on lots of really good things in your life.
      When you have such a consensus from so many gaming sites, why would I doubt what they say?
      Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Because most game review sites only play a couple levels before putting it down its just the way they work, also you cannot trust most of those sites especially GS and IGN, they have given bad reviews to amazing games, they only gave an 8 for the first Kingdom Hearts and it deserves better than that! A 7.5 for Ratchet and Clank for PS3 YEAH RIGHT MORE LIKE 9.5!

Comment

Originally posted by Magus View Post
          Because most game review sites only play a couple levels before putting it down its just the way they work, also you cannot trust most of those sites especially GS and IGN, they have given bad reviews to amazing games, they only gave an 8 for the first Kingdom Hearts and it deserves better than that! A 7.5 for Ratchet and Clank for PS3 YEAH RIGHT MORE LIKE 9.5!
          I've played Ratchet and Clank on the PS3 and 7.5 was generous.

Even then, if the game sucks in the first few levels, why would you want to continue playing it?

I could understand your point, if the game wasn't getting such dismal reviews from everywhere.
          Last edited by justjohn; 05-21-2008, 05:16 PM.
          Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

The three people I know who got it already seem to like it so far. I will have my hands on it in a few days. But IRL it looks like a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
              I've played Ratchet and Clank on the PS3 and 7.5 was generous.

Even then, if the game sucks in the first few levels, why would you want to continue playing it?

I could understand your point, if the game wasn't getting such dismal reviews from everywhere.
              Because diff game companies use diff methods for making the game, some make the first levels first meaning they could suck to put it bluntly, and c'mon play through Ratchet and Clank it rules!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X