This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A first look at Pixie Hollow

So is that it??? Make a character and make a room? Does not look like much of a game.
    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
      So is that it??? Make a character and make a room? Does not look like much of a game.
      The actually game hasn't started yet. Right now its still in "create fairy" mode. Then once the game is "live" you will be able to take your fairy or fairies into the game and interact with the rest of the world that they will create. There is a teaser movie on the main page, showing a bit of what the new game will look like.

No ETA yet on when the new game will launch however.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I just made my fairies. One is Sneezy Moonmuddle. Another Lark Lotusgem.
        Will look forward to the interactive area when it opens.

Dreams
        Last edited by SweetestDreams; 06-09-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I'm going to abuse my modly powers and unlock this thread... in case anyone else had played with the Beta version and would like to add comments and thoughts.

Pixy Hollow is now open in Beta. I spend a bit of time there today, looking around.

The graphics seem to be pretty impressive, but play is very limited right now. They do have multiple servers to pick from, and it tells you which servers are quiet or very busy. Right now all you can do it fly around, play a few games and find friends.

Its pretty simplistic. I'm going to assume that since its still Beta that they just have the most basic of stuff going right now, and will add features as time goes by.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Tiki Room Liz, I sent you a message on your fairy page!

I'm playing right now, and having a bit of fun. I like things that are customizable.

My room looks different now that the Beta has launched, and it was empty suddenly so I had to redecorate it.
            I must say I like the graphics, much more than I like most of the Fairies merch and the movie's look, even. It's a little nicer or softer. I also like the little flying action to move you around. So far there's games and some activities and badges, but none of the "shops" are open yet. Still a fun little pastime when I've exhausted all of my usual internet haunts.

I'd like to have friends for my fairy that are from MiceChat... so my fairy's name is Fern Flickerpool, she's a water talent, and her fairy address is 432 Outer Rainbow Canyon.
            This information will make it easy to search for her from the "Find A Fairy" link on the main Pixie Hollow page.
            I'm not really sure how to "friend" somebody outside of the live game, however. There's no link for it on their page.

ETA: I read in the FAQ that in the Beta game, some fairies that were created earlier are missing and that you'll be able to use your missing fairy again when the game officially launches. However, my fairy was created about half a month before the Beta launch, and she was still there for use as my Beta fairy, so I guess it depends.
            Last edited by StrikeYerColors; 09-26-2008, 08:32 PM.
            "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

I'm creating my character right now, it looks interesting.
              Last edited by MsSarah; 09-26-2008, 08:36 PM.
              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'll have to go and check it out.....when I'm not falling asleep.

Comment

Unfortunately, it is pay-to-play :\
                  "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

You can do some stuff for free, but I'm not sure how exciting it'll be in the long run.
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
                      Unfortunately, it is pay-to-play :\

There is a free version, I'm using it right now.

Comment

it runs really slow on my computer and takes forever to get from one place to another. Yeah, I guess I have a short attention span....but the fairy flying while the next scene loads is really annoying.

if I try again my name is chloe moondust...

Comment

I can't personally see paying to play it. Its an ok way to use up some time doing games and collecting stuff but... its not something I would be interested enough to pay for.

Comment

Well, what annoys me is that I'm under my old name... I LINKED my new account to this one but it's not showing my new fairy. Annoying.

But yeah... I have a hard time pAYING MONEY FOR vitrtual things... even though you can buy toys to link itno it.
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X