This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Asking for KH III

Don't expect it anytime soon... or on a PS2 for that matter!

Originally posted by IGN.com
    "We've already been approached by the Disney side saying that they want us to make it," said the busy producer regarding the next installment in the series. "What I can say at this time is 'We have various ideas, but we're not at the point where we can say that.' Looking at the development schedule, after KHII FM+, the Kingdom Hearts team has Final Fantasy Versus XIII awaiting, so it's physically impossible at the present. I feel that it's not the right time to talk about the future of Kingdom Hearts."
    Squaresoft has so many games coming out and in development for multiple platforms that we may have a wait equal to the time between KH I-KH II. Personally, I can't imagine what it'll look like on PS3.

And with the advantages of Blu-Ray, we are looking at TONS of extra content. Something I'd look forward to is the ability to unlock characters and new worlds by buying Disney movies on Blu-Ray...

Sony, you guys can have that idea for free!

Re: Disney Asking for KH III

Id like to see this happen.

Comment

Square has me securely by the balls and takes my money very regularly.

Good thing FF XII comes out tomorrow.

I'm playing FFX for the umpteenth time and am just about through with it.
      St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

I would hope KHIII is on the PS3 however if it was multiplatform it could be on the PSP! But I really don't want to see it on the Wii (:

Comment

well disney would get more money if it is multiplatform. I like KH but that game alone wont motivate me to buy a $600 console. Does any1 know if Sony has a contract for KH to ONLY be on the their console?

Comment

Originally posted by Lane View Post
            well disney would get more money if it is multiplatform. I like KH but that game alone wont motivate me to buy a $600 console. Does any1 know if Sony has a contract for KH to ONLY be on the their console?
            The point of this article is that no one knows what console(s) KHIII will be on exactly and it is too early to tell. Multiplatform would be cool as long as it is still going to be out for the PS3. However if you like KH than you should atleast like the other half FF I my self am on it for the Disney side but also the FF side meaning I like RPGs meaning I plede to Sony since most Console RPGs are on the Playstation platform so I'm happy to pay 600$ for a console cause it is for more than one freaken game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lane View Post
              How many RPG's are multi-platform? RPG's take YEARS to make, at least the ones of good quality. If they were to release them on mutli-platforms it would be a nightmare. They'd have to come up with a controller scheme for the Wii, as well as compensate for the lack of graphical power, come up with a controller scheme for the 360...

And Sony has a lot of clout with Squaresoft, so the likelyhood of that happening is close to not even possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian View Post
                How many RPG's are multi-platform? RPG's take YEARS to make, at least the ones of good quality. If they were to release them on mutli-platforms it would be a nightmare. They'd have to come up with a controller scheme for the Wii, as well as compensate for the lack of graphical power, come up with a controller scheme for the 360...

And Sony has a lot of clout with Squaresoft, so the likelyhood of that happening is close to not even possible.
                God I hope your right.
                EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong but
                Oblivion
                is I mean the PSP version is different but it has PC, PS3 and 360 however making it for the Wii would be a huge challenge (PLEASE INSERT DISC 8 LOL).

Comment

Originally posted by Magus View Post
                  God I hope your right.
                  EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong but
                  Oblivion is I mean the PSP version is different but it has PC, PS3 and 360 however making it for the Wii would be a huge challenge (PLEASE INSERT DISC 8 LOL).
                  :lol:

There are some multi-platform RPG's, but there very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian View Post
                    :lol:

There are some multi-platform RPG's, but there very rare.
                    I WIN but seriously we don't need a multi KH3

Comment

I think KHIII would look a little odd in PS3 considering how high def it is, the disney characters would look like Mickey's Playhouse. The graphics might be too good...

Comment

I may be in the minority, but I was very dissapointed in the 2nd Kingdom Hearts. I would rather replay my Original one.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Why the ps3?!

Comment

Well for one thing, the Japanese hate the Xbox 360. So Square would be losing a ton of money porting it to that system...

The KH series has a LOT of actions that require multiple button presses in a quick manner. Can you imagine trying to call a summon, heal donald and goofy, run from the boss, and attack with combos at the same time using a wiimote?

It wasn't designed for such complex actions... or rather the human body wasn't lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                              I may be in the minority, but I was very dissapointed in the 2nd Kingdom Hearts. I would rather replay my Original one.
                              Trust me you are not alone. I was disappointed too because I expected A LOT more than what I got.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X