This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project Runway - Season 5

Kenley's stuff was gorgeous. She is a bitch, but this is a fashion contest, not a personality one. I think she tried harder not to have an attitude, so maybe she learned something about herself from all this.

I didn't like Korto's wedding dress at all, but her collection looked beautiful from the little bit we saw so I am glad she won over Jerrell. I liked Jerrell a lot, but he did deserve to go home based on that last challenge.

Leanne's stuff was really beautiful, but I still liked Kenley's better. Some of that fabric that she painted was stunning! And her wedding dress was to DIE for.

Can't wait till tomorrow!
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Seriously, I think Jerrel may have had a mental lapse or something. His collection was awful. I'm just over the 50's and that's all Kenley does. I hope Leanne or Korto wins
      sigpic
      I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer20k View Post
        So is Project Runway ending after this season? I heard that it was being moved to a different station, but the girl whocut my hair told me that it was ending, and she said that Tim didn't want to do it anymore
        'Project Runway - Season Six' is currently shooting in Los Angeles (as we speak); they are filming at FIDM (the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandise) in downtown, and at LA Center Studios - right across from downtown. At the same time, they are shooting a companion show called 'Models on the Runway', which I assume will focus more on the models, and their competition - which might give us a whole different take on the Designers (and what the models really think of them...)

The production has been A MESS. The Weinstein Company 'sold' the show to Lifetime - without giving Bravo first refusal on the negotiations, as per their contract. NBC Universal filed (and was granted) an injunction against the Weinstein Company, keeping them from "showing or exhibiting" 'Project Runway' until further notice - so, the Weinstein Company moved the production from New York to Los Angeles, and tried to shoot it as a non-union, low-budget production - under the radar, re-named "Cupcake" - with a previously fired producer (and a raging a$$hole) now as the 'Executive in charge of Production'. The Unions tried to organize the show, the show shut down shortly, then hired more non-union craftspeople to work on it, the Union craftspeople brought from New York were fired, and they are limping towards wrapping up production - and to what end? They can't air it - on any channel - until the lawsuits and legal challenges are over and done with - in what? 2011?

Like I said, a HUGE mess...
        "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Yay! The end result was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Queentitania19 View Post
            Man I was angry when Kenley got in. I know that Jerrels' collection wasn't as good but man I can't stand Kenley
            Yeah, it was really rotten of them eliminating Jerel, after he had won the previous week, with the final four. And I thought his bridal gown and bridesmaid dress were better than what Korto did.

Kenley really did become obnoxious, especially the last several shows in season 5. although her final outfits were ok. But what was with the weed growing out of her head?

Leanne really seemed annoying from day one. Thought she should have been kicked out in the first few weeks. But her designs did improv. Only thing with her final show, ugggg the dresses and outfits were BORING! they all looked the same, Colors were bland. She definitely needed more variety. I don't think any of them deserved to win this season.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

EQ, here's another article about Season 6 of PR

Uggg, they report Lindsay Lohan is going to be one of the celebrity judges?!?!?!
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery

Comment

I thought Leanne and Korto did a really good job but I am glad Leanne won since she was my favorite.

I think my favorite line was when Kenely found out Tim was going to be a judge and said that she should have changed her attitude :lol:

Comment

^ I was thinking "If she knew all along that she should change her attitude , then why on earth didn't she?" You'd think that someone competing for a $100,000 and all the other prizes might just want to listen to and be respectful to the people who were deciding who would win.

Comment

Originally posted by mousercise View Post
                    I thought Leanne and Korto did a really good job but I am glad Leanne won since she was my favorite.

I think my favorite line was when Kenely found out Tim was going to be a judge and said that she should have changed her attitude :lol:
                    I thought that was the best line of the night. I was glad Leanne won too. I really liked that aqua color she used and she showed the most variety in her pieces, shorts, pants, long dresses, short dresses.
                    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

Comment

Leanne deserved it. She did a great job - Although I did like Korto, you could at least picture some of those dresses on normal size women.

And, thank heaven Kenley finally was out - her attitude has been so obnoxious all season.

Even though Jerrell didn't get to compete - did he still show his collection? I'm curious as to what it looks like.
                      sigpic
                      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Yes as previously reported, SIX designers total showed at Bryant Park as dummy collections, and not to give away who the actual final three were.

So ultimately, yes, Jerrell did get to show.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
                          Yes as previously reported, SIX designers total showed at Bryant Park as dummy collections, and not to give away who the actual final three were.

Yeah, but he should have been one of the final three, since he won the 1st final four.

Comment

True. But I was simply replying to this query:

Even though Jerrell didn't get to compete - did he still show his collection? I'm curious as to what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiltmaker:
                              I thought that was the best line of the night. I was glad Leanne won too.
                              Hey Quiltmaker - thanks for the Spoiler Alert!

I have Wednesday's episode on TiVo for viewing tonight; I guess that I can assume that Wednesday's episode was not the "Reunion Show" that they usually do the week before they announce the final winner...

Originally posted by Aladdin:
                              Yeah, but he should have been one of the final three, since he won the 1st final four.
                              I agree Aladdin!

Originally posted by Aladdin:
                              Uggg, they report Lindsay Lohan is going to be one of the celebrity judges?!?!?!
                              Wait until the episode when Christina Aguilera shows up late - and holds up production for TWO HOURS waiting to have her Hair & MakeUp done!
                              Last edited by EvilQueen; 10-17-2008, 04:25 PM.
                              "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post

I've always wondered how they covered that bit up. Someone could easily be like "Yeah Leanne, Korto, and Kenley got to the finale."

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

I thought Korto should have won because I liked her variety and color. Leanne was the same thing over and over again... she was wayyyyy better than Kenley though. Jerrel's line was a train wreck. I couldn't believe how awful it was.

When they announced that Tim was going to be the finale judge I laughed a thoroughly evil laugh and rejoiced that Kenley would see the consequences of treating Tim Gunn like crap! Muhahahahaha...
                                  sigpic
                                  I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Working...
                                  X