This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMC's Mad Men

Anybody seen it? My mom and I love the show, she likes the gorgeous period dress (i agree, the show is so well-designed), and I just like the whole idea of it: it's basically a different look at that era, mostly advertising-wise ('50s-'60s), as much as we try to hide it. I mean, we never saw June Cleaver have a nervous breakdown like Betty Draper, but I bet it was pretty common!

official website: http://amctv.com/originals/madmen/ It's addictive, I swear! Booze, smoking, adultery, advertising, booze, smoking, etc, etc.

And maybe 16 Emmy nods can convince you...

Re: AMC's Mad Men

me and my husband started watching it with the very first episode last season. When I saw the commercials, I knew I'd like it. I started watching it...and he got sucked in.

We were a little disappointed in the first episode of this season...didn't make a whole lotta sense. Hoping it gets back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
      me and my husband started watching it with the very first episode last season. When I saw the commercials, I knew I'd like it. I started watching it...and he got sucked in.

We were a little disappointed in the first episode of this season...didn't make a whole lotta sense. Hoping it gets back to normal.
      Personally, I want to know what became of Peggy's baby... who's raising him? I love Peggy, her ambition makes her even more FIERCE than Joan. And ironylawlz to Pete and his wife's inability to have kids. I mean, if it turns out his wife is infertile, then that's really tragic, and I feel for her. But we know Pete is...able, so what's the problem? I also look forward to more Don/Betty. The sixties are coming with a quickness, so I can't wait to see what happens.

Comment

I can't watch it. Why? It could be the best show ever, but it's AMC. And doesn't the M stand for "Movies"???

They shouldn't have TV shows on a "Movie" channel. :judge:

It's the same as MTV still being called "Music" television.

Comment

Get over your problems with the "M" Gregg and watch it!!! It is a great show!

Comment

It is one of the best new shows in yeeeeears and I don't say that lightly. It's beautifully crafted and each episode feels like a film.

I was disappointed in the first episode of the new season though. It felt off its groove. Hopefully they can get back to what it was the first season.

Comment

I agree, Stinkerbell. The first episode was a let down. It's starting to pick up though. I'm still confused about Peggy's baby.....and REALLY wish Betty would wise up. My husband loathes Don. He liked the ending of the latest episode.

Comment

I saw the ep they had on hulu and I really liked it, but they don't have any others. Does amc.com have season 1 online to watch?
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

how many affairs has Don had? I thought there was 4....hubby says 3.

Right now, I am looking at a ad for Mad Men in the lower right hand corner. How funny! Is that always there?

Comment

Ah, no new episode on Sunday, how disappointing.

Comment

We love this show too! It's awesome.

Comment

Is it just me....or did this season go by quickly?

Comment

Way too fast! I was so sad to see that last night's episode was the season finale!

Comment

Just rented season 1 to watch again and watching them back to back was wonderful. I am in love with this show. It reminds me of when I was a child (born 1961) and my parents and their cocktail parties, etc. Such a flashback that is amazing for me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X