X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO's True Blood

So anybody watching this show?

I've watched the first 2 episodes and must say I'm intrigued by the premise (from HBO's site):

"Thanks to a Japanese scientist's invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures "coming out of the coffin." Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out."

Anna Paquin plays the lead roll as a waitress that has the ability to read people's minds who befriends a vampire new to their area.

So far, I'm hooked and looking forward to seeing more of this show....anyone else?

Re: HBO's True Blood

I watched the first episode on a free preview with my mom who had to leave the room because the sex was so graphic. I wanted to like it, but I'm going to read the books it's based on instead. That way it's not so graphic.

Comment

I'd really like to check it out, but I no longer have HBO. So it looks like I'll be waiting for the eventual DVD release.

Comment

dustin and i have really enjoyed the series so far. i read the first 2 books by Charlene Harris a few years ago and am pleased with the visual interpretation of them so far. the chemistry between Sookie and Bill on screen is great!
        Will there be screams when the sun sets,
        -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
        elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
        Originally posted by pratt55
        Elly is adorkable.

Comment

It figures you would be watching it since we have been watching it and I think we are going to be hooked. I think we must be twins separated at birth.
          sigpic

Comment

I watched both and so far ok.
            Spoiler
            not sure I like it yet as I love the freaky vampire things there suposed to do, this one does not shift change or fly :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
              dustin and i have really enjoyed the series so far. i read the first 2 books by Charlene Harris a few years ago and am pleased with the visual interpretation of them so far. the chemistry between Sookie and Bill on screen is great!
              How are the books?

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
                That is good to hear about the books. Tim is going to try to find the books on audio for our next Disneyland road trip.
                sigpic

Comment

When I ordered HBO the other day (so I could watch this and Entourage), the girl I was talking to recommended the books too. She loved them, so I need to hit up Amazon or ebay and see what I can find

Comment

I was just going to start a thread about this!!!

Saw the first episode and I was definitely intrigued. Missed the 2nd episode when it was on, but I know I'll be able to catch it sometime this week.

I'm liking it so far.

Comment

I didn't care for it. yawnsville for me.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

The only reason I wanted to watch it was b/c it seems similar to Twilight. Is it similar to Twilight at all?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by tayakaleb View Post
                          The only reason I wanted to watch it was b/c it seems similar to Twilight. Is it similar to Twilight at all?
                          Is it like Twilight? I would say no, it's a very different world and different type of vampires.

I do want to strongly recommend to everyone to read the books. They are a lot of fun. The books are more murder mysteries stories; if you enjoy that type of book.

I don't have HBO but I have a friend taping it for me and I finally got to watch the first two episodes. Other than the much more graphic sex, which I'm sure HBO made them put in, they are staying fairly true to the books except for pacing. In two episodes they are only up to about chapter 6 of the first book.

I can't wait for Bubba to show up.
                          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by tayakaleb View Post
                            I stared watching for the same reason as well but found it was way different, which I think is a good thing. But there are similarities like, Sookie being able to read minds(Edward) and that she SMELLS irresistible to Bill. I'm hooked. At least till 11/21 when Twilight comes out.

Comment

I've seen the first two episodes and now I'm hooked.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X