This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shows that have out lived their usefulness

as I am watching tv I come across shows that ,lets face it, should either move off of the networks(nbc,cbs, etc) and go to other networks or be cancelled. shows that I feel were okay to begin with, then after time (usually after the FIRST SEASON ) the novelty wore off.

heres my list and then you are welcome to add more if you can think of them....

and folks, no fights, derailings, personal attacks, comments about the lists posted, just put your list up:

1) survivor( I mean really, how many versions of the original concept do we need? whats next? survivor: mars?????????????)
    2) big brother( :sleep: )
    3) wifeswap (I wonder if a followup show was put on the air, how many couples that were on the show actually think it was a waste of time?????)
    4) csi: ny ( to me it seems like a hollywoodised version of an actuall day at a csi office. I mean if you hooked up the show to a heart monitor, the machine would flat line. )
    5) dancing with the stars. great concept, but, you know? the format should have been celebrities and stars dancing with regular people, hence the name "dancing with the stars", not "lets see the stars dance", which we actually have.
    6) brothers and sisters. to me its a combination of thirtysomething and dallas
    7) amazing race
    okay its your turn folks,,,,,,,,,,

Re: shows that have out lived their usefulness

actually, I have always been wanting to see a survivor Antarctica.. in the middle of winter

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I have either never watched any of the shows you've listed, or I only watched the first season (Survivor and Dancing with the Stars). So I'd probably agree with what you have except I probably don't count since I don't watch them. I know Survivor and SWTS is quite popular.

Comment

Originally posted by tassie View Post
        actually, I have always been wanting to see a survivor Antarctica.. in the middle of winter
        Never will happen. Survivor takes pride in showing men with chiseled abs and ladies with bathing suits that can't hold back their ampleness. Sex sells, and 4 layers of clothing isn't sexy.

Comment

Me too. Still waiting.

Comment

I don't watch any of those shows....well, i did catch one episode of wife swap and I really didn't get it. It was really dumb.

Comment

I don't watch any of them but...

Survivor
              The Amazing Race
              American Idol
              Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
              America's Got Talent
              So You Think You Can Dance
              CSI (and it's bazillion spin-offs)
              Big Brother
              Wife Swap
              Dancing With the Stars
              Last Comic Standing
              Extreme Home Makeover (I really want to shove that bullhorn up Ty's rear end)
              Desperate Housewives (I lost interest after season 2 or 3)

That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

Ugh... Friends.

Flame away.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Missviolet View Post
                  Ugh... Friends.

Flame away.
                  but friends is only in reruns. They aren't making new shows.

Comment

Ugh... Friends.
                    Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                    Yeah, except for reruns, it has gone away.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      Desperate Housewives (I lost interest after season 2 or 3)
                      I was going to give up on Desperate Housewives this year, and I decided to give it one more chance with the season premiere. It is interesting to me again now that they've sped it up 5 years. It might be okay again.

Comment

Just a question. Shouldn't this thread be moved to the "TV" forum?

And I can honestly say that I've never watched more than two minutes of any of the shows listed.

Guess that means I'm just out of touch with "reality"...

(Leaves room, joins wife to watch double feature of BBC America's Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, and then (Bravo?) Tabatha's Hair Salon Takeover...))
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

actually big brother here is GONE. This last season, they announced that there will be no mopre big brother (Australia, of course). It was filmed about an hour from me and my friends and I used to go to evictions several times each season

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                          Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                          Originally Posted by MWalton
                          :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I watch an interview Jeff did, he said they thought about doing something like that , however, when the people are cold they would not be active, and it would not be interesting to watch, so they will not be doing an artic show...........

Snacks
                            Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                              Guess that means I'm just out of touch with "reality"...

(Leaves room, joins wife to watch double feature of BBC America's Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, and then (Bravo?) Tabatha's Hair Salon Takeover...))
                              Oh, I love those two!!!!! Tabatha is just evil, and, I love it. And, same for Chef Ramsey!

Comment

Lost
                                Project Runway
                                Top Chef
                                Extreme Home Makeover

Flame on!
                                Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Ugh... Friends.

Flame away.

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                                  Yeah the show ended 4 years ago (2004).

I LOOOVED Friends. Well, the first 4 seasons of it at least. For me it kind of "jumped the shark" when Monica and Chandler hooked up. I only own the first 4 seasons (and the finale) on DVD for that reason. But I'll watch no matter what episode it is when reruns come on.

That reminds me.... there's a couple reruns on right now! *turns channel*

Comment

question I have regarding lost is this: is there enough story line material left for a fifth season? If not, off of the schedule and put something else in its place. good show, but, come on now.....

Comment

actually big brother here is GONE.
                                      I have never understood the appeal of this show. I tried watching the first season and it was the most boring show ever! And I always thought that's what everyone was saying and was so surprised when it came back again the next year. And the next year. And the ......

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                                        I have never understood the appeal of this show. I tried watching the first season and it was the most boring show ever! And I always thought that's what everyone was saying and was so surprised when it came back again the next year. And the next year. And the ......
                                        .......next year and the next year ad nauseum
                                        i agree. its like watching paint dry. BOOOOOOOOOORRING!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X