This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: shows that have out lived their usefulness

Lost (I knew the original story wouldn't carry the series for long, but the "hatch"?)
    Big Brother (Boring. Even the multiple twists don't help)
    Survivor (It's just no longer enjoyable by me. I don't want to see a Survivor 20th Anniversary Edition)
    Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (I'm sorry, but I honestly think they should have made this a miniseries. It would seem a ton more special if only like, three houses were given this instead of the however-many houses that receive them now.)
    Spongebob Squarepants (The first few seasons were great, but after the movie it took a turn for the worst)
    MADtv (It just isn't funny anymore. I mean, I get a chuckle out of SNL, but MAD just isn't doing it for me.)
    Hannah Montana (Hopefully it'll be gone soon anyway)

Comment

*Survivor.
      *Dancing With The Stars.
      *Amazing Race.
      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

ER...

Why will that show not die?
        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

It's funny how many people on this thread start off with, "I've never watched any of these, but..." and then they list a bunch of shows. I'm not sure how you can claim a show has outlived it's usefulness without actually having seen the show. It's not that I don't agree with a number of shows on the list... but... that's like a movie reviewer panning a film without going to see it.

I watched Lost for a season, and then tried to watch the next season and it just went places I didn't quite get...

Still enjoy Amazing Race, and just started watching Survivor again. Both still feel like the formulas work.

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
            ER...

This is the last season.

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
              ER...

DUH!

Someone's really good at CPR.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

I use to love Survivor. But it started to ware my love out during the Pearl Islands (the one that had Rupert) & All-Stars ones. I have just lost interests in this show now. Especially since in the past they seem to pick who they liked personally compare to who really played a great game.
                Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
                  It's funny how many people on this thread start off with, "I've never watched any of these, but..." and then they list a bunch of shows. I'm not sure how you can claim a show has outlived it's usefulness without actually having seen the show.
                  I can honestly say that I have tried each of the shows listed for anywhere from five minutes to one full episode (I know I said two minutes before) and that's all I needed, to know that I didn't care for any of these.

((Leaves room again, to join wife in double-feature of "Project Runway" and "America's Next Top Model"...you know I only watch these to spend time with her))
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

1) ER
                    2) ER
                    3) ER
                    4) ER

Did I mention ER?
                    " It takes a lot of courage to love with your whole heart something that you know is temporary."
                    - Nyree Emory(dear friend)

Comment

Originally posted by novelist73 View Post
                      1) ER
                      2) ER
                      3) ER
                      4) ER

Did I mention ER?
                      you forget five: 1) er, 2) er 3) er 4) er and 5) er

Comment

Survivor and SpongeBob come most immediately to mind for me. I really enjoyed Survivor in its earlier days, but there's only so much you can do to maintain the level of interest by introducing gimmicks. SpongeBob, on the other hand, could have maintained its status as an unusually intelligent and funny children's cartoon if not for the unfortunate amounts of annoyingness and dumbed-down-ness it later developed.

I'm very happy to say that Lost is NOT on the list for me. I have seen every single episode multiple times, and while some of them are definitely iffy, the show as a whole has kept me captivated. It would have quickly outlived its usefulness if the settings and characters and tone of the first season had been extended to all the seasons, although I think they certainly worked back then. Luckily, the show has gone through a lot of very appropriate and natural (though unexpected) transformations - many great, a few not so good. The mysteries never cease. It's really a thought-provoking show, and quite entertaining to boot. Hopefully season 5 will be better than 4, though.

24 is tricky. If it continues to resemble season 6, yes, it will totally have jumped the shark. But if it can bring back the greatness of, say, seasons 1 and 5 (and 2, mostly), I will continue to enjoy it.

CSI...hmmm. If I'd seen every single episode, I'd probably be totally sick of it. As it is, I've seen a lot of episodes...enough to make me not nearly as interested anymore. Though I did watch the eventful season premiere last night, and I was glad I did. Lots of good acting.

Comment

Working...
                        X