This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO's 'The Pacific' from Hanks & Spielberg

From Executive Producers Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg comes 'The Pacific' the follow-up to their epic miniseries 'Band of Brothers'. It will feature actors ranging from Matt Craven to Jon Seda to Joseph Mazzello from 'Jurassic Park' with directors including Carl Franklin.

'The Pacific' premieres on HBO in 2010.

teaser trailer at:
    HBO: The Pacific: Videos
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: HBO's 'The Pacific' from Hanks & Spielberg

I was very excited to hear about this. Band of Brothers is amazing and I hope this new venture will be of the same quality.

Comment

'Band of Brothers' is an exceptional achievement. It has been particularly exciting to see its popularity grow every year via DVD sales and repeat airings on HBO and the History Channel. I wouldn't expect any less from 'The Pacific'.

Both Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks and their respective production companies have personal stakes in these films far beyond the financial. Hanks alone has lent his name, time and more to the creation of both the World War Two Memorial in Washington and the the National World War II Museum (formerly the D-Day Museum in New Orleans).

News Releases

The National World War II Museum Experience the Victory
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Maybe it will be more Navy and Army Air Corps than ground troops?
        Probably more about the island-hopping troops. There are already great movies about Pearl Harbor and Midway.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X