Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

    I can't believe I've been watching this show for 15 seasons )

    What did you guys think about the first ep?

    I didn't like the elimination right away, but it did seem to get rid of a team that seemed a little eh. Too bad the other team (in maroon didn't go). That guy is a jerk and other things I can't say on MiceChat )

    I esp. didn't like it in light of the first leg being non-elimination. Why not just eliminate someone then? (Jeff said it was because they didn't want to pay th plane fare for two more people ) )

    No big loss on who went home. Right now I like the gay brothers, the Globetrotters and the guy w/Aspergers and his friend oh and the farmer and his son seem all right too. The other teams are ok, other than the jerk.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-28-2009, 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling of course lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...


    sigpic


  • #2
    Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

    I wonder if the GlobeTrotters will give their winnings to charity? Since they are advertising themselves as members of the team, it seems likely.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

      Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
      I can't believe I've been watching this show for 15 seasons )

      What did you guys think about the first ep?

      I didn't like the elimination right away, but it did seem to get rid of a team that seemed a little eh. Too bad the other team (in maroon didn't go). That guy is a jerk and other things I can't say on MiceChat )

      I esp. didn't like it in light of the first leg being non-elimination. Why not just eliminate someone then? (Jeff said it was because they didn't want to pay th plane fare for two more people ) )

      No big loss on who went home. Right now I like the gay brothers, the Globetrotters and the guy w/Aspergers and his friend oh and the farmer and his son seem all right too. The other teams are ok, other than the jerk.

      I agree with all you've said. I can't stand the poker girls. I did love that their big lie got found out. Who cares that you are "rich" already?!!?

      Love this show!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

        I definitely caught the season premiere. I can't believe that I've been watching it for fifteen seasons, too!

        I really didn't like someone getting eliminated at the starting line, but I thought the challenge was really good considering that they were heading to Tokyo. I was, however, too excited that there was going to be a leg in Japan. I thought the roulette was just okay. However, I loved the follow up task where they had to guide the people to the shrine. This is probably the only cultural thing that I can comment on during TAR. When schools go on field trips in Japan, the teacher holds a tall flag with the name of the school so that the students can follow them without getting lost.

        On the second leg, I absolutely loved the duck roadblock. On every season, I look forward to the animal task because animals are unpredictable. The duck roadblock did not disappoint. It was amazing to see that it really switched up the check-in order from the previous leg.

        With only two episode in, I love Maria/Tiffany (poker players) and Dan/Sam (brothers). I think Maria/Tiffany were stupid to make up the lie about their job, but I love their dynamics with Dan and Sam. I also liked Brian/Ericka. The other racers are various levels of meh at this point except for Lance /Keri. Lance is little annoying. Lance/Kerri and Maria/Tiffany are definitely going to be the "villains" of this season.

        I didn't really care about either of the eliminations. I think seven out of twelve of the racers are married or dating couples so it's not like there aren't other couples left in the race.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

          Originally posted by twinmom View Post
          I agree with all you've said. I can't stand the poker girls. I did love that their big lie got found out. Who cares that you are "rich" already?!!?

          Love this show!
          It's one thing to lie about it, but I thought lying by saying you work with homeless is crass. Why lie about charity work?

          Originally posted by honoraryhatter View Post
          This is probably the only cultural thing that I can comment on during TAR. When schools go on field trips in Japan, the teacher holds a tall flag with the name of the school so that the students can follow them without getting lost.
          Or the groups in Disneyland :lol:
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...


          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

            I thought the first episode was funny. Actually, I was okay with the yoga couple getting eliminated first. They were attempting to use too many zen cliches that I could tell I'd find them really annoying.
            It was funny how the poker players and the brothers were putting up fronts with each other, thinking they were each leading the other team on. Even though it disolved by the next episode, it was good for dramatic irony.
            I really like Flight Time & Big Easy (Harlem Globetrotters) and Zev & his friend (I'll know his name by the next episode). Zev is pretty good at this game, I just hope he doesn't have a big freak-out moment, because I'd feel really bad for him.
            Oo-de-lally!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

              Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
              I can't believe I've been watching this show for 15 seasons )

              What did you guys think about the first ep?

              I didn't like the elimination right away, but it did seem to get rid of a team that seemed a little eh. Too bad the other team (in maroon didn't go). That guy is a jerk and other things I can't say on MiceChat )

              I esp. didn't like it in light of the first leg being non-elimination. Why not just eliminate someone then? (Jeff said it was because they didn't want to pay th plane fare for two more people ) )

              No big loss on who went home. Right now I like the gay brothers, the Globetrotters and the guy w/Aspergers and his friend oh and the farmer and his son seem all right too. The other teams are ok, other than the jerk.
              I've also been watching this show since the beginning. This show, and Big Brother are my favorite reality shows. As long as Amazing Race is on TV, no other show will ever win a Reality TV Emmy. The amount of work that goes into this show always amazes me.

              I also did not like the elimination before the race started. It was really just a throw-away team to begin with. The show always has 11 teams, so they start with 12 just to get rid of one to have something new.

              As I was watching the first episode I was wondering if the Japanese studio audience team members knew what they were getting into when they signed up for that. Look like it was a long tiring day for them.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

                Wonder how stupid Mika feels not going down a waterslide and potentially costing her $1 million.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

                  Probably pretty stupid!! But I also hope that she broke up with Caanan for trying to push her down the slide. He was so mean and nasty to me. But she was also a big cry baby lol

                  When will people learn that to be on the race you CANNOT have a fear of heights... or water... or not know how to swim. You need to work out and run and do upper body workout... There will be water challenges and jumping off buildings and such...
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

                    Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                    Probably pretty stupid!! But I also hope that she broke up with Caanan for trying to push her down the slide. He was so mean and nasty to me. But she was also a big cry baby lol

                    When will people learn that to be on the race you CANNOT have a fear of heights... or water... or not know how to swim. You need to work out and run and do upper body workout... There will be water challenges and jumping off buildings and such...
                    True, so true.... wait Season 15, when did this start? Man, I love the Amazing Race. I watch too much TV sometimes and I didn't know that Amazing Race season 15 started. Wow, where have I been?
                    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

                      i'm also one of those people who's been watching since the beginning

                      but i'm rooting for meghan and cheyne
                      so far they seem like the only likeable couple to me

                      well the globetrotters aren't bad
                      and the farmers
                      but meghan and cheyne have been the frontrunners of this race
                      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                      Originally posted by penguinsoda

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

                        I think that this is the first time in a LONG time (if not ever) that I'd be okay with any of the remaining teams winning. I think all have run a good race, all have had their bad moments, great moments, etc.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

                          Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                          I think that this is the first time in a LONG time (if not ever) that I'd be okay with any of the remaining teams winning. I think all have run a good race, all have had their bad moments, great moments, etc.
                          Especially now that the poker girls are gone. Isn't there a rule that one person can't do all the Road Blocks? If so, they were breaking it!

                          We thought this week's episode should have been named, "That explains the matching swim trunks!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

                            so so so glad that last night was non-elim! with that particular roadblock being so hard, we thought it probably would be non-elim, otherwise it would be totally adding insult to injury, kwim? they all deserved to move on just for finishing!

                            finals are coming up fast!!! any favorites for the win???
                            xo, Deanna

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Amazing Race - Season 15!!!

                              Agreed, SO glad it was non-elimination. I really like the father/son team.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X