• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disney Wrassler
    Get the Iodine!
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Jul 2005

3dtv???

Does anyone think 3DTV's will be big sellers? I don't see the interest in them.
  • SnorkletsMom
    I see mouse people
    • Mar 2008

Re: 3dtv???

No.

Comment

• Dustysage
      Man of mystery and
      MiceChat Administrator
      • Jan 2005

Eventually. The problem with 3D TVs are the cost, lack of programming, and needing to wear glasses.

If the cost comes down and the networks load up on 3D programming, it might very well take off over the next 10 years or so.

But even this old gadget geek isn't that excited about 3D TV right now.

Dusty
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

• sir clinksalot
        MiceChatter
        • Feb 2005

People are still upgrading to HDTV's. 40% of the country doesn't even see the point in those. People are already upset thinking that they have to upgrade from DVD to Blu Ray and that was 10 years since DVD hit it big. People are going to push back from 3DTV in a BIG way.

Comment

• disneylandteen
          Banned User
          • Mar 2010

i would only buy a 3d tv if you dont have to wear glasses

Comment

• lazyboy97O
            враг народа
            • Mar 2005

One of the big downsides to 3D TV is the high price of the active shutter glasses that are required to view the programming. Running at around $150/pair makes it quite expensive to share this new technology.

Comment

• Disney Wrassler
              Get the Iodine!
              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
              One of the big downsides to 3D TV is the high price of the active shutter glasses that are required to view the programming. Running at around $150/pair makes it quite expensive to share this new technology.
              Then think about if you break them or lose them.

Comment

• mycroft16
                I'm not really here
                • Aug 2006

I would say that the biggest turn off is the glasses. If they can drop those somehow, 3dtv stands a chance of catching on. But the glasses have to go. The whole idea with technology is to take the current experience and make it simpler, easier, faster, better. Having to wear glasses that are connected (or even if they weren't) to the tv is not an improvement. It's a step back to remote controls that are wired to the vcr.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• lazyboy97O
                  враг народа
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                  I would say that the biggest turn off is the glasses. If they can drop those somehow, 3dtv stands a chance of catching on. But the glasses have to go. The whole idea with technology is to take the current experience and make it simpler, easier, faster, better. Having to wear glasses that are connected (or even if they weren't) to the tv is not an improvement. It's a step back to remote controls that are wired to the vcr.
                  Well it is being worked on, the only problem is that as of now one must sit in a certain place so that the screen is viewed from one of the prescribed angles at which the effect works. It will be interesting to see how, and how well, the upcoming Nintendo 3DS does 3D without glasses.

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
                    Seasick
                    • Oct 2007

I've seen a lengthy demo of 3DTV and the technology is pretty good. I like it, but I still see 3D as a novelty, to be used for the occasional movie.

I have no desire to watch entire TV channels or a majority of movies in 3D, so I can't imagine paying for a 3DTV. Once they cost the same as a regular TV, I'm sure I'll go for it, but not now.
                    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X