• Show
Clear All

• JMora
    started a topic New Thundercats

New Thundercats

I remember the original...

'Thundercats' Promo Image Spotted In London

Posted 11 hrs ago by Rick Marshall

The announcement of a new "Thundercats" animated series scheduled to premiere this year was one of the biggest stories of 2010 here on Splash Page, so we've kept on the lookout for any more details we can bring you about the upcoming return of Lion-O and the rest of the gang from Thundera.

Well, here's a big one, folks: it looks like we have our very first image of the cast of the series as they'll appear in their new animated form.

Posted over at Bleeding Cool

• knittingknerd
    replied
    Re: New Thundercats

The new Thundercat... meehhhh... I don't like how Chetara (sp?) in that first picture is holding her bo and her in the center of the picture just all chest. I mean maybe that's what the character was back in the day, but... You'd think they'd made Lionel's hair more liony...

Leave a comment:

• Hathaway Browne
    replied

Now that didn't look half bad. Slightly resembling a video game intro, but still quite good. I wonder why they abandoned it in favour of the new show?

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

Unbusting the bubble, only said it was a test concept. They certainly could have used other film clips in transforming them into a test concept for a Thundercat movie. The first one does say fake at the end, but certainly a fan concept that looks better than the animated version they are working on.

Look here for another concept video.

YouTube - Flixist Exclusive (Flixclusive): Thundercats CG Footage

Leave a comment:

• Hathaway Browne
    replied

^Sorry to be a bubble burster, but that's a fan made clip. Lion-O is Brad Pitt in Troy and Panthero is Vin Diesel in Adventures of Roddick.

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

short story, . . . timeframe, back when Thundercats first came out, imagine a little boy age 5 or 6, with his brand new Thundercat action figure, sitting with his family in a family restaurant. then from nearly all over the restaurant you could here the little boy say:

Thunder, Thunder, THUNDERCATS!!!

It was absolutely hilarious!

I have to agree with the commentary, the new version looks too much like Anime, which just harkens back to badly animated one frame per second, with poorly matched voiceover work seen with so much japanime. And the spikey hair look, isn't that fad over, now? The appeal is just lacking in these new previews, even with the computer animation. Whereas the old version still look pretty good, and the characters are certainly more appealing in the original version.

Oh, here is a test scene for the CGI movie that WB was considering a couple years ago. It has a bit of a Power Ranger look to it.

Last edited by Aladdin; 02-27-2011, 09:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hathaway Browne
    replied

I'll admit, like any fan I was sceptical, but I've been won over with the first teaser trailer...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X