Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeremys
    Former Cast Member
    • May 2011

Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

Wasn't sure where else to post the question, but given the incredible interest in all things Disney evidenced by all the Disney blogs, forums, etc. Would a cable channel that was strictly Vault Disney not get an audience?

I am sure there are those who remember when Disney Channel had Vault Disney on late at night and you got to see such great stuff.

I'd love the see the Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin again, Emil and the Detectives, Gallagher, Swamp Fox, the "I'm No Fool" series, Johnny Tremain, all the great years of the various iterations of the Wonderful World of Color. How many young Disney fans have never seen Old Yeller or Toby Tyler? Or even Pollyana and the Moonspinners? What about The Boatniks? All the great Kurt Russel and Dean Jones movies? The Apple Dumpling Gang?

Some of the shows were cheesy, but some were classics.

So why not a Vault Disney Channel? Or even get some play on the ABC Family Channel?
  • disneylandfan95
    MiceChatter
    • Oct 2008

Re: Where oh where is a Vault Disney Channel?

Originally posted by jeremys View Post
    So why not a Vault Disney Channel? Or even get some play on the ABC Family Channel?
    Unfortunately, the reason these aren't played is because of a lack of interest in the general public. People would rather watch a stupid, teenie-bop show with their kids than classic Disney entertainment.

Comment

• Stitch626626
      MiceChatter
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
      People would rather watch a stupid, teenie-bop show with their kids than classic Disney entertainment.
      I disagree with this. I don't know many people who prefer Hannah Montana over Mickey Mouse or Talespin.

Comment

• Ortizmo2000
        Greetings, Program!
        • Jan 2005

I'd gather it's because they're not as bankable as Selena Gomez or the Jonas Brothers. Sad, but true.
        I've seen comments on this very forum maligning the Disney of old. If it doesnt appeal to a young demographic, which translates to $$$, it's not worth it to cultivate.

I'd love a Vault Disney channel on Youtube if someone would start one.
        "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
          I'd gather it's because they're not as bankable as Selena Gomez or the Jonas Brothers. Sad, but true.
          I've seen comments on this very forum maligning the Disney of old. If it doesnt appeal to a young demographic, which translates to $$$, it's not worth it to cultivate.

I'd love a Vault Disney channel on Youtube if someone would start one.

Sad indeed. I remembered as a kid that I would wake up at 4am just to watch Vault Disney.

If you search around Youtube, some members have uploaded some classic Disney cartoons.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
          Indy Ride Count: 2211
          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

• disneylandfan95
            MiceChatter
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
            I disagree with this. I don't know many people who prefer Hannah Montana over Mickey Mouse or Talespin.
            Unfortunately, my younger sister is one of them...

Along with a lot of her friends. They all would rather watch Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, or Selena Gomez over classic Disney. I have talked to all of her friend's parents and they all talk about how they love to have "family TV night" with Disney Channel or Nickelodeon crap.

Comment

• Ortizmo2000
              Greetings, Program!
              • Jan 2005

A few gems from the Vault Disney vein......

‪Disney Channel - A Disney Moment - Seal Island‬‏ - YouTube

‪Walt Disney's True Life Adventures Pt 1.‬‏ - YouTube

Comment

• Aladdin
                Prince Ali
                • Jan 2005

The Hallmark Channel often shows several of Disney's older movies. I'm sure Pollyanna, as well as all 3 Parent Trap Movies were on one of the cable channels recently
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• DISNEYJUNKIE
                  D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY
                  • Feb 2005

its kinda sad that Hallmark Channel is showing old Disney films insead of a Disney owned Channel.

Comment

• merlinjones
                    Minion
                    • Jan 2005

>>Unfortunately, the reason these aren't played is because of a lack of interest in the general public.<<

Lack of demand is only because Disney has chosen NOT to perpetuate an interest in these shows going back to the 90's - - if kids didn't see them growing up, they don't have a nostalgic demand for it. Demand has to be resold, recreated for new eyes or it fades over time. In prior decades, already very old films (animated or otherwise) were always represented to each new generation - and resold energetically as evergreen along with the new programs -- which passed the Disney "heart" along to the next gen. To abandon that policy sort of kills the goose that laid the golden egg. They need to reintroduce the best classics as part of the overall Disney mix, not just as moldy-oldies for D23 members. Kids still like 'em if they see 'em and only then can they pass it forward.
                    “I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.” -- Walt Disney

Comment

• mickeyfan42
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jan 2010

What I miss most about Vault Disney (probably because I remember it the best) is the clip below:

Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                      July 13th-18th
                      November 19th-25th

Comment

• Ortizmo2000
                        Greetings, Program!
                        • Jan 2005

Yeah, I liked that intro too.

Comment

• bayouguy
                          Bayou Native
                          • Jul 2006

I'll admit to watching the Avonlea series on the old Disney Channel. The scenery of Prince Edward's Island was incredible. The simple story line was just what I needed to relax. Then add the features of Vault Disney, I'd say that Disney Channel was on cue to its fans. Too bad both have been thrown under the bus tires in the name of profit.
                          I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

• stoplaughingatme
                            New MiceChatter
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                            What I miss most about Vault Disney (probably because I remember it the best) is the clip below:

Hey You remembered me some good old days! Thanks
                            Hellcats Episodes | Jersey Shore Episodes

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X