This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Popped in here for the first time to see what the latest posts say. Nice to read folks are excited about the show. I gave up on this in November or December. What happened was I zipped through my Season 1 Blu-ray of Arrow at the same time SHIELD debuted on TV, and Arrow went way over my expectations. As I continued with watching several Season 2 episodes of Arrow on TV, SHIELD simply failed by comparison for me.

If I learn the second half of SHIELD gets better lip service from fans and critics...and my few friends who are still watching it, I'll pick up SHIELD on Blu to get caught up. If not, I'll continue with Arrow, as well as The Flash and Gotham when they debut in the Fall.

Comment

show is working well and great cliffhanger episode this week

Is anyone still watching this? Great episode this week. The way some of the pieces fell into place while still having an intense cliffhanger was pretty exciting, and you can see the increasingly suspicious air surrounding S.H.I.E.L.D. seems to generally parallel the same overall sense you get from the Capt. America trailers. Next week's episode is supposed to tie in with the film in a more significant way than the Thor 2 aftermath episode, so I can't wait to see both.
      Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Re: show is working well and great cliffhanger episode this week

Originally posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
        Is anyone still watching this? Great episode this week. The way some of the pieces fell into place while still having an intense cliffhanger was pretty exciting, and you can see the increasingly suspicious air surrounding S.H.I.E.L.D. seems to generally parallel the same overall sense you get from the Capt. America trailers. Next week's episode is supposed to tie in with the film in a more significant way than the Thor 2 aftermath episode, so I can't wait to see both.
        I'm still watching, and it just gets better and better (with the exception of the Lorelli episode). Can;t wait for the Captain America tie-in. Saw the movie and it was amazing.

Comment

It's probably been said zillions of times, but I really can't wait to see how the events of Winter Soldier will affect Agents of SHIELD.

Especially given how
          Spoiler
          SHIELD's secrets were uploaded on the web. What exactly does that mean for Coulson and Skye, who have been clamoring for answers more than anyone else? And is the Clairvoyant arc part of the HYDRA arc, or is there more to the puzzle than SHIELD vs. HYDRA? (Although for that one, Hand ordered Sitwell to the boat, and Sitwell was HYDRA...)

It's nice to know the Whedons were in on the plan with WS, so they planned the show according to that. So the inconsistent schedule was all for a reason!

Comment

^ Well in answer to your question:

Spoiler
            As we found out, Garrett was the Clairvoyant, who is also part of Hydra. Ward... right now he appears to be part of Hydra as well, but part of me wonders if he shot Hand and the other 2 agents just to fool Garrett and Ward is going to do a reverse of what Hydra did with SHIELD (and be a mole). That's just my theory though. A friend of mine thinks Simmons is with Hydra but I don't know. Maybe we're both right and maybe we're both wrong. Hard to say.

It's been confirmed though Agent Maria Hill will be on another episode and not just for a brief cameo. And it's been confirmed that Nick Fury will be on for the season finale, which I TOTALLY CAN NOT WAIT FOR (I love me some Sam Jackson)!!!

Oh and next Tuesday (4/15) the new episode is on at 9pm Eastern Time, FYI.

Comment

I love how this week's episode occurred within the same frame of time as the events of Capt 2 and not after the fact like the post Thor 2 episode (it now makes sense why they released Capt 2 on April 4th instead of making it the logical summer release - they needed it to coincide with the TV show). This one was similar to a good Alias episode, lots of spy stuff, double crosses, characters making quick deductions and judgments, and a major reimagining of the show's direction. It was a bit dizzying keeping up. And wow, I didn't see that ending coming at all. I really hope they get renewed for next season.

Comment

I feel totally justified in sticking with this show where so many gave up on it. Yes I am gloating a bit. When the show started, everyone agreed it was at best just OK and ratings fell off immediately. But I gave it a chance pretty much just because it's Marvel/Disney Avengers related. And ever since the December cliffhanger, as many critics have been writing online, it has very slowly but steadily improved until the events of Capt America 2 kicked it on it's head and then they really hit the ground running. The showrunners didn't take those movie events lightly, but incorporated them into the show to great effect. They gave us a lot of surprises, a traumatic plot twist that lead to the some of the best acting this year from multiple actors, and ultimately lead us to some massively satisfying payoffs. And I love that the season finale did not just end with more questions like Lost would have, it actually tied up a lot of the big issues while giving a clear direction for season 2. The show really hit it's stride and I'm totally looking forward to season 2. And for that matter Agent Carter too, plus all the Netflix stuff.

Comment

Yeah, it took a little while to build up steam, then WHAM! I was kinda spoiled for Winter Soldier since I saw the post-Winter Soldier episode before seeing the movie. It was negligible, though seeing as how I kind of saw the HYDRA thing coming. I'm really glad that they got another season and I'm excited for Agent Carter!!!!
                  Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Working...
                  X