This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News TCM Treasures from the Disney Vault

Airing this Sunday, March 15. I missed the last one so have my DVR set to record it all.

Re: TCM Treasures from the Disney Vault

Thanks! Been waiting for the next installment. Wish they weren't waiting so long in between.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Nice! Can't wait for The Three Caballeros. I just wish TCM had an HD channel.

Comment

Sorry, but can someone elaborate on what channel this is airing on?
        Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Turner Classic Movies. On Satellite in Los Angeles, DirecTV it's channel 256.

Comment

Originally posted by jschwagl View Post
            Turner Classic Movies. On Satellite in Los Angeles, DirecTV it's channel 256.
            On Verizon Fios its 230.

Comment

TCM is HD on Time Warner in San Diego!

Comment

9:45pm ET - I Captured the King of the Leprechans (1959)
                10:45pm ET - Babes in the Woods (1932)
                11:00pm ET - The Story of the Animated Drawing (1955)
                12:00am ET - The Three Caballeros (1944)
                1:30am ET - Walt & El Grupo (2008)
                3:30am ET - The Fighting Prince of Donegul (1966)
                Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

These specials are a treat. I don't think I ever would have watched most of these movies otherwise, especially Third Man on the Mountain (inspiration for the Matterhorn at Disneyland). I especially enjoyed the Reluctant Dragon!

Comment

Hoping for more True Life Adventures next round.
                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Thank you! Hoping to find it in Northern California!
                      Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Yes! I can't wait! I was kicking myself last time for missing it. I wish they'd advertise a little more. The first weekend I got an email from TCM to mark the date, and I still missed it. But this time I didn't get anything. I just happened to find out on twitter.

Comment

How much warning did they give? I swear I looked online less than a week ago for info on the next one and there was nothing.
                          "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

TCM did not feature this event on its webpage (at lease not when the month started), but they did have on-air promos in advance of Sunday's showings. Even without any advertising, each month I make a quick pass through the monthly calendar, particularly Sunday evening programming, to see whether there is a Disney event scheduled. Given the partnership between Disney and TCM, it is surprising that there has not been more advertising.

Although neither Sunday's presentation nor the first edition included materials that are not available on DVD (although most of the Walt Disney Treasures sets where the special features can be found are rather pricey), it is still a treat to see Darby O'Gill and the Little People (or Third Man on the Mountain from last time) on air. The commentary from Leonard Maltin is also nice, although it would be nice if he provided more detail, or better still had conversations with special guests.

There could be a lengthy thread for suggestions for the next installment. I agree with the references to adding any of the True Life Adventures. (Vanishing Prairie, anyone?) I'd also like to see So Dear to My Heart, if only to see the NOS Station on film. Merlin Jones, Moonspinners, Monkey's Uncle or other 60's era live action would also be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post
                              How much warning did they give? I swear I looked online less than a week ago for info on the next one and there was nothing.
                              I think it was about a week. Ever since I missed the first one I've been going through the channel guide to check out Sundays. Once I saw it programmed, I set the DVR to record everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X