X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So You Think You Can Dance

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
    I like Hillary Duff but I didn't think she was that good on the show.
    Honestly I thought she looked tired and bored. Like she is getting sick of doing what she is.

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

I really wanted to see Jamie go home instead of Shauna.

I thought Shauna outperformed her. I'm so bummed

Comment

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
          I really wanted to see Jamie go home instead of Shauna.

I thought Shauna outperformed her. I'm so bummed
          I was thinking Anya (I think is her name) should go home. This is the 2nd week in a row that her solo wasn't good. I hate the fact they make the excuse that ballroom dancing is hard to do solo. Dimitri and Heidi did solos just fine last season.

Comment

Originally posted by PrncssZ View Post
            I was thinking Anya (I think is her name) should go home. This is the 2nd week in a row that her solo wasn't good. I hate the fact they make the excuse that ballroom dancing is hard to do solo. Dimitri and Heidi did solos just fine last season.
            My daughter and I were discussing how we loved it when Dimitri used to rip open his shirts or just have them open when he danced last season. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by PrncssZ View Post
              I was thinking Anya (I think is her name) should go home. This is the 2nd week in a row that her solo wasn't good.
              I haven't really liked any of her dances (solo or partnered), but I think that's because I agree with the guest judge-- her partner thinks he's already won the competetion. I just don't like him at all, he's technically good, with amazing leaps, but I just don't feel that he's dancing from his soul.

I found it ironic that they sent Shauna home because she hadn't shown growth, but they sent Cedric home just as he showed growth...
              xo, Deanna

Comment

I was hoping Anya would go home, I haven't seen any growth from her all season. Shauna has danced her little butt off but I think being paired with Cedric and all the negative comments from the judges hurt her. I believe Cedric is talented, but should have been sent home from the beginning. Jesus should never have had to leave last week.

Comment

Originally posted by SorcererMickey View Post
                  I was hoping Anya would go home, I haven't seen any growth from her all season. Shauna has danced her little butt off but I think being paired with Cedric and all the negative comments from the judges hurt her. I believe Cedric is talented, but should have been sent home from the beginning. Jesus should never have had to leave last week.
                  I completely agree.

Comment

Yes, Anya's partner, like Nigel said, does not know how to make a connection with the audience. I think he is extremely talented, but I keep getting the feeling that he's half smiling, half holding back a smirk. I do love Anya.... Her solo outfits on the other hand, so far.... :unsure: I'm not sure if I'm jealous that she can pull them off (hello, leopard one piece! Hot mama!) or embarressed because it looks like she dressed in the dark (short blue piece with black body stocking). I'm loving the show this season!

Comment

Originally posted by jsdmn2 View Post
                      Yes, Anya's partner, like Nigel said, does not know how to make a connection with the audience. I think he is extremely talented, but I keep getting the feeling that he's half smiling, half holding back a smirk.
                      Wasn't he the one that when they told him he was in the top 20, wasn't he the one who had like, zero emotion? He was like, totally calm, said "thank you," and walked away, and Mia Michaels was stunned? Isn't he Travis' foster brother? I'd go look but the website takes forever to load on my dialup...
                      xo, Deanna

Comment

Originally posted by Deanna View Post
                        Wasn't he the one that when they told him he was in the top 20, wasn't he the one who had like, zero emotion? He was like, totally calm, said "thank you," and walked away, and Mia Michaels was stunned? Isn't he Travis' foster brother? I'd go look but the website takes forever to load on my dialup...

Yes on both counts. He irritates me with his arrogance.

Comment

So the show just ended here and I don't know if I'm just really tired tonight or what but none of the dances really "wowed" me. They were all good, but there wasn't a clear favorite or least favorite for me. Good thing I recorded it so I can watch it tomorrow before the results. Maybe I have just come to expect an extremely high standard of performance.

Comment

I think they are all mostly really good. There are a couple of guys who I could see knocked out tomorrow but I am not sure which of the girls will go.
                            I will say that Lacey continues to be my least favorite.

Comment

So the show just ended here and I don't know if I'm just really tired tonight or what but none of the dances really "wowed" me. They were all good, but there wasn't a clear favorite or least favorite for me. Good thing I recorded it so I can watch it tomorrow before the results. Maybe I have just come to expect an extremely high standard of performance.
                              My honey and I absolutely agree with this statement. I was even underwhelmed by Mia Michaels choreography. What the judges said was so true, we agreed with almost every one.
                              Last edited by SummerInFL; 07-19-2007, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I was disappointed with the some of the dancing last night, with the exception of Pasha and Sara (because I love Pasha), and Sabra and Dominic who are always energetic. And I was really annoyed by Lauren and Neils dance.... the goggles, the stocking hats, the gloves... oy.

On a side note: Nigel's haircut looked good!
                                Last edited by jsdmn2; 07-19-2007, 07:04 AM. Reason: spelling...

Comment

Yeah last night wasn't great. I got bored too. Worst dance was Lauren and Neils, which is hard to say since it was Mia Michaels. Favorite dance was between Lacey and Kameron and Sabra and Dominic.

I can't believe Dominic actually dropped her! You can totally tell that the first dance is pre-recorded and pieced together. I was rewatching the results show from last Thursday to see if him dropping her ended up on tv, because I didn't remember it. So at the end Sabra ends in a down pose, but then it cuts to a whole group shot and she's standing up away from Dominic.

Comment

So the show just ended here and I don't know if I'm just really tired tonight or what but none of the dances really "wowed" me.
                                    Same here. And I was disappointed that Anya and her partner seemed to connect so much better than before-- I was hoping they'd go home this week, especially after what Wade said at the beginning about looking for humanity...
                                    xo, Deanna

Comment

We have Tivo so we record it but I love that show along with Americas got talent
                                      Why :argue: when you could :squeeze:?

Follow the :rules: and you wont have Mods doing this,:mob:

If you treat everybody like family you should end up like this,:ghug: not this,:bash:.

Comment

I missed Dominic's and Sabra's dance, but I have it recorded so I can see it.

All I can say is Wade was a tough critic last night with all the couples.

My favs last night were Pasha and Sara, Danny and Anya. Kameron's and Lacey's dance just didn't do it for me.

For me at the bottom Jamie and Hok.

Comment

Totally agreed with Nigel's comments on Mia's choreography. (I liked his Picasso analogy). I appreciate her level of artwork and have absolutely loved a couple of her routines, yet many times I just don't like her dances.

Hok - out of his league and hasn't been able to step up.
                                          Sara - B-Girl but has definitely stepped up. Her growth has impressed me.
                                          Lacey - very good dancer but bugs the heck outta me!

Best last night: Anya and Danny. Loved that fox trot!

And is it wrong for me to want to drag Pasha off into a dark corner and rip off his clothes! :evil: ::drool::

Comment

Working...
                                          X