X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NapoleonD
    replied
    Re: Hell's Kitchen

Aaron reminded me of the Cowardly Lion. He should have been cut last week, which exposes the weakness of Hell's Kitchen in relation to Top Chef and Next Food Network Star: having the contestants nominate who gets cut. This adds an element of "strategery", like Rock putting up Josh instead of Aaron, which has nothing to do with who is the best chef.

BTW, Rock putting up Josh KILLED the blue team, dividing them and leaving the hapless Aaron (poor guy, had no business being there. Almost felt like he was used by the producers) to distract them again. Bad move.

And pulling the pasta from the trash- reminded of the Seinfeld episode when George eats the eclair from the trash.

Jerry, "Was it in the trash?"
    George, "Yes."
    Jerry, "Then it was trash."

But at least she did the right thing and put herself up to be cut. Have to respect that.

Leave a comment:

• Ginarella
    replied

From watching last nights episode it looks like Julia is the one to watch. She showed great leadership for her team and she cooked up a breakfast storm making a win for the red team. Go Julia

Did anyone get grossed out when Jen pulled out the spaghetti from the trash can and tried to rinse it and cook it over again? Jen does not see the other side of the coin unless she likes to eat food from a trashcan.

And bye Aaron, sorry you got sick but I don't think you belonged in Hell's Kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

But ALSO the team that loses is the team that loses a team member, so you're more likely to end up on the chopping block if your team loses, thus the reason you'd want to win.

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    It was really icky watching him sweat while table-side boning the fish. (hehehe...I said boning...hehehe)

I think at first, you don't want to get rid of competent cooks because you are competing against the other team, so if you only have lame cooks, more and more of YOUR team gets eliminated while the other side gets a pass.

I see what you're saying, but as long as YOU have great skills, who cares about your team? So they had to do some more prep work as punishment. boo hoo. That punishment is what many people do for a career, so it's not that big of a deal.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

It was really icky watching him sweat while table-side boning the fish. (hehehe...I said boning...hehehe)

I think at first, you don't want to get rid of competent cooks because you are competing against the other team, so if you only have lame cooks, more and more of YOUR team gets eliminated while the other side gets a pass.

Leave a comment:

• Ginarella
    replied

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    I couldn't BELIEVE that Aaron didn't leave. How do you NOT put him in the bottom two??? He left for a 15 minute break and came back 4 hours later. He has zero confidence and seemingly skills to match. I don't get it.
    I don't get it either but my guess is the guys are keeping Aaron in so everyone looks and cooks better than him.

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied

And how much sweat do you think Aaron got on the fish as he muddled through the deboning? It was like watching a monkey F a football.

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied

Aaron is hamming it up. Either he is trying to manipulate everyone, or the producers have gotten a hold of him and told him to just milk it, it's good for the show. It makes sense that they didn't want to vote him off. If Rock were really smart, he would pick the two best cooks to be eliminated, and reduce his competition.

Aaron needs to be tased in the nuts. Also, he is crying about his multiple medical conditions, but I didn't see him have any problems puffing away on his cigarettes. What a tool.

I still think overall the show is weak, but when I look at it as you guys recommended, it helps. As long as I don't view it as a culinary show, it's ok, but thank God Top Chef is back, where we can see some real chefs in action.

Leave a comment:

• samsma
    replied

I was joking with my husband about Aaron. Could you imagine if he won, and was working at the resteraunt and you returned your food because something was wrong. He would be crying and appologizing right there at your table!

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

I couldn't BELIEVE that Aaron didn't leave. How do you NOT put him in the bottom two??? He left for a 15 minute break and came back 4 hours later. He has zero confidence and seemingly skills to match. I don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
    The gals did better just this last Monday. They took over the guys entrees which lead them to a win with Ramsey.

I was sad to see Eddie go, the little guy. He tried his best and we wasn't crying like a baby like Aaron.

Poor Aaron needs to either gain some confidence or just leave. Honestly, I'm not sure if he is acting or just reacts to those situations that way. If it's the latter then how in the WORLD did he make it on this show?

Leave a comment:

• Ginarella
    replied

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I just couldn't believe the cattiness of the ladies, I think that one girl who kept bossing people around needs to go, she was in the bottom 2? Yeah, I don't see her staying around much longer, I think she contributes to bad communication of the group.
    The gals did better just this last Monday. They took over the guys entrees which lead them to a win with Ramsey.

I was sad to see Eddie go, the little guy. He tried his best and we wasn't crying like a baby like Aaron.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

I just couldn't believe the cattiness of the ladies, I think that one girl who kept bossing people around needs to go, she was in the bottom 2? Yeah, I don't see her staying around much longer, I think she contributes to bad communication of the group.

Leave a comment:

• Twist_of_Fate
    replied

Don't forget about Big Brother.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by TinkPink View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. American Idol is the only one I can think of. But Survivor, Top Chef, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, etc all do it the same night.

havent seen those shows so I would know...

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
    No, it's my fault, that is an example of how easily I am confused. It's not easy being me.
    :lmao::lmao::lmao: usually I am the one who is confused:lmao:

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied

Originally posted by kelly View Post
    no sorry, just other reality shows

No, it's my fault, that is an example of how easily I am confused. It's not easy being me.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Oh, I thought we were talking about cooking shows, but I gotcha.
    no sorry, just other reality shows

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied

Oh, I thought we were talking about cooking shows, but I gotcha.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

What show doesn't let you know the same night?
    dancing with the stars and american idol, you have to wait until the following nite

Leave a comment:

Working...
X