This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doctor Who

Wow, I didn't even realise people in the USA even knew it existed. Clearly I was wrong! The Third (post-2005) season could possibly be the best season of the new Dr. Who series' so far. Look out especially for the episode called 'Blink' with eerie statues. Best episode ever!

Comment

Those drawings are so funny!

I find Susan so annoying with her constant: "Grandfather!"

I love Romana and I love Rose (even if she thinks she's "Special" :lol: )!

As for the boys: I only recognized Ian, Jack and Mickey hanging out with his tin dog companion. :lol:

And now that I look at the drawings and the representations, I think it was Mel Bush? Who I didn't like? Dunno.

Btw, thanks for posting those!
      "But every night, when it gets dark
      and the stars come out,
      I'll look up on her behalf.
      I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Scorchio View Post
        Wow, I didn't even realise people in the USA even knew it existed. Clearly I was wrong!
        We're not all ignorant.
        and the stars come out,

Comment

Wow, I didn't even realise people in the USA even knew it existed. Clearly I was wrong! The Third (post-2005) season could possibly be the best season of the new Dr. Who series' so far. Look out especially for the episode called 'Blink' with eerie statues. Best episode ever!
          Yes, many of us are long time fans. I started out with Tom Baker way back in the day. I'm also a torchwood fan. Americans have just seen them way out of order until the new series started up on the Sci-Fi channel and BBC America, both cable networks.

I had been following the show on YouTube, until they took all the episodes off line. (if anyone knows where else they are posted please drop me an e-mail )
          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
            Yes, many of us are long time fans. I started out with Tom Baker way back in the day. I'm also a torchwood fan.
            I've seen a few episodes of that as well. I'm not as in to it.

I had been following the show on YouTube, until they took all the episodes off line. (if anyone knows where else they are posted please drop me an e-mail )
            And me!!
            and the stars come out,

Comment

Actually some of the biggest fans of the show have been in Silicon Valley here in California... Doctor Who (Season One) is currently being purchased by local PBS station (KTEH) - which has aired the older series for years.

I got hooked on the series from a girlfriend I had in High School who walked around with a celery stock pinned to her lapel...
              Check out my other blog:

Comment

As I remember it, in the 80's PBS showed the episodes (near as I can tell) in order. I started watching when it was Tom Baker, then he transitioned to Peter Davison, then to Colin what's-his-name with the crazy umbrella. Then I went away and couldn't find it any more, and then I think the show went on hiatus or something, and now IT'S BACK!!! I caught last season starting about half-way through. I didn't get the introduction to David Tennant; missed those or they weren't shown or something. I think I did see the transition to the new guy though I don't remember his name.

I like how the companions are constantly changing over. I kind of liked Rose when she wasn't whining but it was time for her to go. I liked that they brought back Sarah Jane and K-9.
                I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

who are your favorite companions?

Artwork by: Amy Mebberson
                  http://mimi-na.deviantart.com/
                  That was my wallpaper for awhile.

Blink is a great "Doctor Lite" episode... the weeping angels are *shivers*

When did you last check, I was watching an episode yesterday...

i was also watching The Infinite Quest too.

Comment

All three seasons can be found here.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

Enjoy.
                    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
                    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

thanks for info
                      :crazylegs

Comment

Thanks CrazyLarry!
                        and the stars come out,

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Larry View Post
                          All three seasons can be found here.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

Enjoy.
                          :thumbup: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
                          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                            There was one companion that I saw who was pretty useless (aren't most of them though? I mean really.). She was blonde and I don't remember her name. Hmm...
                            Well if it was Doctor #3, it could have been Jo Grant and she does fit that description. The only blonde with Doctor #4 was Romana II played by Lala Ward. Who by the way ended up maried to Tom Baker for a short while.

Comment

I'm not sure which Doctor it was. It was only a clip of it that I saw. That could possibly be it.
                              and the stars come out,

Comment

I'm not sure which Doctor it was. It was only a clip of it that I saw. That could possibly be it.
                                Could have been Mel. I really hated that companion.

She was with Colin Baker, Doctor number 6.
                                Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
                                http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

OMG. I just watched all season three that's posted (the final half of the last episode was not available... sniffle).

Amazing stuff. I love Martha. I love this new bit where the companions are useful, not just decorative. I love that Martha was the keeper of his real person.

I hate the "goodbye, no not really". Say goodbye or don't, dangit.
                                  I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I'm not really a fan of my husband and I crowding around our small computer screen to watch the whole series.

Which is why I was so happily announcing that it returned to Sci-Fi last night.

Am I going to have to stop coming by this thread?
                                    and the stars come out,

Comment

I'm not really a fan of my husband and I crowding around our small computer screen to watch the whole series.

No, you can keep coming back. I'm just getting into the series.
                                      Last edited by AlexLoup; 07-08-2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Oh wait, so they just aired the first episode with
                                        Spoiler
                                        Martha, the new companion
                                        ?

Comment

I love the new companion! Smart, hot, and not just decorative! I hope they keep her for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                          X