• Show
Clear All

Re: Doctor Who

Originally posted by clairebear View Post
    Oh wait, so they just aired the first episode with
    Spoiler
    Martha, the new companion
    ?
    They first showed the Christmas Special, then they showed Smith and Jones the first episode of the 3rd season.

Comment

I hate to tell you all this, but the next episode of the 3rd season is not very good at all.

Spoiler

This epsidoe is about witches in England, and the whole plot is pretty shoddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorchio View Post
        I hate to tell you all this, but the next episode of the 3rd season is not very good at all.

Spoiler

This epsidoe is about witches in England, and the whole plot is pretty shoddy.
        I'm waiting for Blink. Loved it on youtube.

Comment

Allright, I'm currently one episode ahead of what Sci-Fi has been showing. There was a two week break and it was a cliff hanger. I was lucky to be able to find the full episode of The Family of Blood on youtube.

I almost watched Blink, but for whatever reason the first part of the episode was not on youtube and I know so many here have said it's so good - I didn't want to miss anything.

Anyway, Bryan and I have been discussing the ways that
          Spoiler
          The Master
          comes back. I have my theories, he has his. I won't go into them here because so many already know how.

This morning as I'm getting ready for work I'm watching BBC World News on BBC America. I've known for a while that they're going to start showing Season 2 Doctor Who (And season 1 Torchwood).

A commercial comes on with David's Doctor saying, "Think you've seen everything?"

It cuts to the Doctor backing up slowly in the Tardis, looking at a (seemingly) just appeared Rose, who's holding her arms in a self-conscious way.

It cuts back to the Doctor saying, "Think again."

Now WHY would they make a big deal of "thinking again" about Rose unless they're taking it for granted that a good portion of the American audience is already caught up anyway?

Part of me reallllly wants to know if anyone knows anything!

"But every night, when it gets dark
          and the stars come out,
          I'll look up on her behalf.
          I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

I am so anxious to see the second half of the two-parter, the one about the doctor having to hide from everyone. The series is amazing and I can't wait to see the next season. I wonder if it's going to be like Red Dwarf where we, in America, get one or the rest of the seasons in the US before it airs in England. *dies* that would be AWESOME! Then, we would be able to give spoilers. *runs off giggling*

Comment

Re: Doctor Who (On Sci-Fi Channel)

:lol:

While I would love to get it first, there's no way the Brits would give the Doctor up!

I'm just gonna have to stay on top of when they're released there and subsequently released on youtube after the Christmas special. One (or two) epsidoes a night sitting in front of the computer isn't the end of the world.

You're gonna love the conclusion to the two-parter tonight.
              and the stars come out,

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                :lol:

While I would love to get it first, there's no way the Brits would give the Doctor up!

I'm just gonna have to stay on top of when they're released there and subsequently released on youtube after the Christmas special. One (or two) epsidoes a night sitting in front of the computer isn't the end of the world.

You're gonna love the conclusion to the two-parter tonight.
                Here is the problem... It has happened before that we got episodes of series before England did because America was so in love with it... you can always squeeze more money put of us, besides. I mean, if it happens it won't be because 'the brits' are giving it up... it'll be because the BBC wants to make a little extra cash. It has been known to happen. I LOVED the conclusion. I think it was incredibly sad and I knew when she asked about the reason he stopped there instead of any other place and time, as well as the doctor did, that she was just lashing out, she didn't want the doctor, she wanted John Smith. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

On another note, I drew a fan art piece of the doctor and Martha from the episode "42". If you think it would be ok to post it, or if you even wanna see it, I could put it up here to show you.

Comment

I married a dr who fan who used to watch it religiously on public television, He then got my son hooked on it so now every friday night on sci fi we get to watch the NEW ones. and now torchwood is on bbc america. I swear there is no hope!!!!

Comment

Yay Torchwood!
                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by Meristide View Post
                      On another note, I drew a fan art piece of the doctor and Martha from the episode "42". If you think it would be ok to post it, or if you even wanna see it, I could put it up here to show you.
                      Sure!

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                      I married a dr who fan who used to watch it religiously on public television, He then got my son hooked on it so now every friday night on sci fi we get to watch the NEW ones. and now torchwood is on bbc america. I swear there is no hope!!!!
                      No hope of what? Converting you?
                      and the stars come out,

Comment

All right guys.

Blink totally lived up to all the hype you were going on about!!

Awesome episode!
                        and the stars come out,

Comment

Blink was the single best episode yet. Great Aliens with a power that is also a curse and a fabulous time story that really made you crazy. That was brilliant.
                          Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I loved seeing The Doctor and Martha stuck in 1969 on the video screen. For some reason that made me giggle, how she had to take a job in a shop and support him!

Great episode and definitely creepy angels.
                            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I thought that was funny too!

How about at the end? :lol: She's got the arrows and he's got the bow... too funny!
                              and the stars come out,

Comment

Oh, yeah!! And it was great that Sally handed him the notebook.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                                  All right guys.

Blink totally lived up to all the hype you were going on about!!

Awesome episode!

Yes, I think that Blink was one of the best Dr. Who ever! :thumbup:

Also if you think about it Blink was a real time travel episode. It was about how do you communicate both forward and backward in time.
                                  Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Just finished watching Utopia on Sci-Fi.

O.M.G.

I knew he was coming back but that was phenomenal!
                                    and the stars come out,

Comment

From a friend who has seen all of this seasons shows ahead of time, it only gets better from here on in.

Next year though we will only get three special Dr. Who episodes. Every top British actor wants to have a part now as the show is so popular over there, as is David Tenant and that's where the problem lies. David Tenant has been invited to play Hamlet at the Royal Shakespeare Theater. When they call, you do not say no. The BBC knows that David is a great actor and a popular Dr. Who, so rather than just recreate the Dr. again, they are working with him to allow him to do Hamlet and make only three special episodes for the entire next season. I think that is pretty cool. Oh, and joining David as his father will be none other that Patrick Stewart. Talk about a fanboys dream cast. Capt Picard, The Dr. and also Barty Crouch Jr in Harry Potter #4. So you have Star Trek, Dr. Who and Harry Potter fans all lined up for this version of Hamlet.
                                      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

One of my friends is a *huge* fan of both Patrick Stewart and David Tennant. That's really great that the BBC appreciates what a talent it has and is going to structure the season to keep him.

Sucks for the fans though! I can't get to England to see the stage show... :: sigh ::

Comment

According to this article, Season Four will debut on Christmas 2007 as usual followed by a full regular 13 episode season starting in Spring 2008. There will then be a another special episode Christmas 2008. In 2009 there will be the three specials with the return of another full season (Season Five) in 2010.

This makes sense. If David accepts the role in Hamlet (as it looks like he will from what you've discussed), it won't interfere with Season Four because filming has already started as of July 2007.

Edit: It should also be noted that it is not offical that David will reprise the role in 2010.
                                          and the stars come out,

Comment

Working...
                                          X