This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doctor Who (On Sci-Fi Channel)

The last episode of Doctor Who blew me away and I can't wait to see more of The Master!

Comment

We just watched "Utopia" so the next one is waiting for us on TiVo. It's one I haven't seen (I watched a bunch of them on some website).
      I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I really enjoyed both Blink and the Family of Blood episodes, However the ones with the master are not doing anything for me. I hope that they pull it together in the season finally.
        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I thought the Master was a little weird. All the music sequences (no not the drums) weird kind of... just weird.

We watched The Last of the Time Lords last night on the Internet (one episode at a time isn't so bad! :lol and I wasn't too blown away by some things, but really blown away by others!

And, I'll say this, if it weren't for the rumours and pictures floating around of what the Christmas episode is going to be about (a really interesting premise btw!), I'd have all sorts of wild, hairbrained theories going on based on the last 10 seconds of the season. :lol:
          "But every night, when it gets dark
          and the stars come out,
          I'll look up on her behalf.
          I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

I thought this episode was really good, and was knocked over by the big revelation about Captain Jack at the end. That was totally out of left field and so tied in to that previous episode at the End of The World. I was in tears remembering that one, and know we know.

Spoiler
            The Face of BO is Captain Jack. He lives till the end of time and told the Dr. there would be a revelation and this was it. Captain Jack when he was young was a Poster Boy for some event and was so handsome that after the poster was published and plastered all over, he was known as "The Face Of Bo". Mystery solved.
            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Doctor Who sreis 4 is coming early 2008 over here in Britain!

There should also be a Christmas special revolving around the Titanic!

Aparently Martha WILL NOT be the DR. Who assisstant in this series. She will appear in later series 4 episodes, but for most of the series the assisstnat will be Donna (AKA the Runaway Bride in the last X-mas special) palyed by Catherine Tate.

Comment

Stupid Sci-fi...

they cut out the whole part where the Master comes in and dances around, I love that part, I also like the song...

stupid sci-fi.

Comment

It seems there was an error in my report about next season only being 3 episodes while David Tennant is at the Royal Shakespeare Company doing Hamlet with Patrick Stewart. That is in 2009, not 2008. So next year is a full season. Yea.
                  Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Just FYI in case someone hasn't heard:

Doctor Who will once again be a part of the Children In Need on November 16th.

Here's a tantalizing taste of what it will hold. I'm excited!

and the stars come out,

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                      Just FYI in case someone hasn't heard:

Doctor Who will once again be a part of the Children In Need on November 16th.

Here's a tantalizing taste of what it will hold. I'm excited!

Oh...

5th doctor! He doesn't look bad. I want that bear!

Comment

It was a shock for me because I haven't seen any of his work since the Doctor but he looks pretty good!

I'm curious to see how it ties in.
                        and the stars come out,

Comment

It was a shock for me because I haven't seen any of his work since the Doctor but he looks pretty good!

I'm curious to see how it ties in.
                          I want them to explain why the fifth Doctor looks older (i knwo the actor is older but) since he was still young looking when he turned into the 6th.

But I guess it's the same as an older 2nd being in a 6th episode.

And this is a lovely way to showing (this and School Reunion and Human Nature) that this is the same Doctor Who. Since some in the fandom are saying that it's not.

Comment

I used to watch all the PBS shows that had Peter Davison in them. I thought his pants were white, though? Definitely be nice to see this. It *is* the same Doctor Who as it used to be! Though they have a modern focus on the companion thing, and of course there's the obligatory sexual tension that I could do without and I hope they don't keep the cliff-hanger season-ender bit that seems to be so prevalent lately on a lot of shows.

I love time travel!
                            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexLoup View Post
                              I want them to explain why the fifth Doctor looks older (i knwo the actor is older but) since he was still young looking when he turned into the 6th.
                              Yeah, that's the first thing my husband asked. :lol:

And this is a lovely way to showing (this and School Reunion and Human Nature) that this is the same Doctor Who. Since some in the fandom are saying that it's not.
                              I loved that they showed the 8th Doctor in Human Nature. That was the part of the Canon that was the most "iffy" with the majority of fans.

Oh and, for comparison, here's a picture of Five when he was, well, the Doctor:

Orange pants.
                              and the stars come out,

Comment

Orange pants.
                                His celery lapel thingy (Don't ask) is not there.

Comment

Orange pants.
                                  My memory is not what it was. Thanks. I want that costume. I don't know why but I do.

Originally posted by AlexLoup View Post
                                  His celery lapel thingy (Don't ask) is not there.
                                  You're right. The celery was something like a gas mask; it featured in one episode. I forget the details but it was a protection of some kind.

Comment

Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post

You're right. The celery was something like a gas mask; it featured in one episode. I forget the details but it was a protection of some kind.
                                    Accroding to the Wiki, and a few sites (and some episodes I have seen for #5.) the Celerey is the symbol of civilization (Castrovala) and sticks it on his lapel, and wears it a few times, though he has had to replace it.

Comment

I'll have to research it. It was more than just symbolic but I don't remember the whole thing anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                                        I'll have to research it. It was more than just symbolic but I don't remember the whole thing anymore.
                                        i just started watching the 5th doctor, (saw like the first three episodes) but you maybe right, I was just basing it off of Wiki and the first episode.

Comment

SO...if you had some Dr. Who (10th)/MickeyMouse fanart you were working on, would you post it here? I'm curious, 'cause I am working on a pic and wanted to share it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X