Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

My Vote for WORST Commercial Ever

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Vote for WORST Commercial Ever

And many of those touting "non-prescription" remedies for everything from weight loss to "male enhancement" can also be a bit offensive at times.
    "If your erection lasts more than three hours, call a doctor..."

Um, yeah, but not right away....

By law the prescription meds cannot tout what they do, because they are by prescpition only. They are to encourage you to ask for them by name, because most doctors will prescribe what a patient asks for to keep them as clients (Just ask Rush Limbaugh)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilQueen View Post

- then, after telling you nothing about what it's for, they tell you everything about what it could do: "Flynsthyx is not for nursing mothers, women who are pregnant, or may become pregnant; Flynsthyx will not protect you from veneral disease, herpes, or HIV; Flynsthyx may cause stomach discomfort, including but not limited to painful cramping, difficult bowel movements, bowel leakage, diarrhea, projectile vomiting, and flatulance; side effects may include headaches, difficulty breathing, nausea, nightsweats, leg cramps, increased risk of tumors, and in some cases death..." Well, the lines must be around the block for people wanting to try this new miracle, right? And, if you actually had the stones to ask your doctor to put you on this stuff to begin with, would he not take the 30 seconds to tell you what could go wrong with it? Do we have to hear about all this crap every time "Dancing With The Stars" cuts away to a commercial? while I'm eating dinner? hoping to get a little action later?
      I think I'd probably ask where I could go and get the disease instead.

With cures like that ...

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post
        "If your erection lasts more than three hours, call a doctor..."

Um, yeah, but not right away....

By law the prescription meds cannot tout what they do, because they are by prescpition only. They are to encourage you to ask for them by name, because most doctors will prescribe what a patient asks for to keep them as clients (Just ask Rush Limbaugh)

On a horrible side note, when I was working in the ER, while in college, we had a guy who came in with a priaprism (erection which WILL NOT go down). He took too many go pills, and his crank would not get small. I didn't know it, but this is a VERY serious issue. The nurse told me to go get some ice and apply it to the injured extremity. I told her that was a nurse skill, not a medic skill, and she got pissed. Long story long, a urologist had to come in and take these tiny needles and DRAIN the blood out of the penal veins. This guys screams could be heard in Utah. Ouch!!! I guess the moral is sometimes, Less is More.... buh dum dum, cha! (Sorry, couldn't help it)

Comment

Has anyone said the Hardee's commercials yet?

"Here's a good idea. Let's slop together some food on television and make the grossest sound effects possible and hope that the audience finds that appetizing."
          sigpic
          Home away from Home.

Comment

I am offended by the "Flat Buns" Carl's Junior commercial. I want to write a strongly worded letter.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
              I am offended by the "Flat Buns" Carl's Junior commercial. I want to write a strongly worded letter.
              Yeah, that ad is just another slab o' stupid.
              See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

As a teacher that ad is offensive. My dad saw it and was like "that's horrible." And I love the Carl's Junior milk shake ad.

Comment

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
                  I still hate the HeadOn commercials.
                  "HeadOn. Apply directly to the forehead? Apply directly to the forehead. Apply directly to the forehead."

Okay! We get it! HeadOn! Forehead! Check!
                  I find that ironic, considering their latest commercials practically say what you just said, word for word.

Most of these commercials you guys have mentioned are mildly annoying at best. You haven't seen painful until you've seen a 30 minute commercial for a Charlotte NC car dealership or an infomercial that mimics a talk show and they discuss sexual dysfunction.

I'll take the diarrhea dance over the feminine hygiene commercial with the red period that pings around the pad like a pinball any day. That ranks a lot higher on my bad taste meter.

I like the Cavemen and most Geico commercials, just because they switch it up a lot (if you really think about it, the Cavemen are only a small part of their commercial concepts. And that's just the current commercials.) I like how folks thought the bee had a bad Spanish accent, when he has a real Spanish accent. Don't know why, I just find that amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                    Yeah. The "flat buns" ad is disturbing. That's coming from a guy too.
                    sigpic
                    Home away from Home.

Comment

This one is stupid, but I couldn't help but chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=UkEc67m_jvM
                      sigpic
                      Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
                        Yeah. The "flat buns" ad is disturbing. That's coming from a guy too.
                        Apparently now they pulled it. Well half of it, the dirty teacher part.

And the guy in the Oreo commercial is from "The Boy Who Could Fly"/ "Uncle Buck."

Comment

It seems like ever since Carl Karcher lost control of CKE Enterprises (now based, by the way, about four miles away from me in Carpinteria, CA)...they are now aiming all their Carl's (and I guess Hardee's) ads at 12-18 year old males.

I find most of their advertising now to range from utterly stupid to patently offensive. But gee...I'm not in that target demo, am I...
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                          X