This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate Housewives - The Season 4 Discussion Thread

So, I haven't seen a thread yet for Season 4 of Desperate Housewives... This show has become somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me, thanks to a friend who coaxed me into watching a while back.

Well, Season 4 premieres September 30, and the television promo for the show is now being shown on ABC. Check it out:

Also, theres a behind-the-scenes on the making of the commercial and whats to come on Season 4. Theres an interesting scene where Bree has a knife in her pregnant stomach! Interesting!

..So what do you think? Who's looking forward to Season 4?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: Desperate Housewives - The Season 4 Discussion Thread

Wowa someones going to die?? in epsiode 6 Sounds like my life is gonna be turned desprete housewifes again must enjoy last few sundays of freedome Im so stoked season 3 comes out on tuesday and ive been pumping myself up for season for with season 1 and 2 and 3 soon yay
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

Comment

Thanks for putting those up. I have been out of the loop. I have really not been watching TV regularly... maybe a Law & Order rerun here and there. I did not even think that this would be just a few weeks away. YAY!

As much as I love not having TV shows to watch I miss Desperate Housewives. With Friends, Will and Grace, and the Sopranos long gone, it is the only show left that I am truly commited to. I must watch every episode ... I like other shows as well but I dont watch anything else regularly.

Should I be concerned that the only show I am loyal to is complete trash?
      Last edited by LLEBREKNIT; 09-02-2007, 02:09 PM.

Comment

:yea: I can't wait!!! I saw the last part of the promo the other day, absolutley loved it!!!
        xo, Deanna

Comment

Totally looking forward to S4. The finale for S3 blew me away. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
          Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sooo looking forward to Season 4!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Dana Delaney (China Beach fame) is the new housewife on the block and is hated by all - don't know why, don't care - I think she will be an awesome addition to the show

If you watch the preview/commercial carefully - you catch bits for the new season and where each storyline will start - I'm trying to figure out the wig part and how that is relevant with the story
              Spell Binding Books
              http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
              The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
              We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
              Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
              Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

Originally posted by Trac View Post
                Dana Delaney (China Beach fame) is the new housewife on the block and is hated by all - don't know why, don't care - I think she will be an awesome addition to the show

If you watch the preview/commercial carefully - you catch bits for the new season and where each storyline will start - I'm trying to figure out the wig part and how that is relevant with the story
                The wig is relevant because Lynette was diagnosed with cancer last season, and with chemo and whatnot, she'll likely be losing her hair. Her storyline will probably heavily revolve around that.

Comment

Ahhhh, your right!!!! totally forgot - So with Edie in the previews - did she or didn't she go out to pasture? And love it when they say 'It's a Hel! of a day....' so I'm guessing someone that is near and dear to Satan will bring chaos to the block - at least thats how I'm reading into it
                  Spell Binding Books
                  http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
                  The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
                  We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
                  Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
                  Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

i don't think edie will, before she's about to die someone will come to save her
                    sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Desperate Housewives Season 4 (Possible Spoilers)

So who is excited for this show on Sunday?

I am personally very excited....and someone will leave Wisteria Lane forever...but who?

Do you think Edie really died?

I am so excited!!!:yea:

Comment

So... the season premiere? (SPOILERS AHEAD!)

I was somewhat underwhelmed. Edie is pathetic. I don't even know what to say about her... she's just stupid.

Why was Lynette even trying to hide the cancer? What's the point of that?

Susan pregnant? Meh.

Bree and the fake pregnancy is just lame.

I wonder what the deal is with the new neighbors... but at the same time, they're not really very interesting...

I dunno... seemed like a rather uneventful premiere... hopefully it'll pick up in the next few episodes...

Comment

i think the daughter of the new neighbors was ! then put thru therapy to make her forget
                          sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Really, that's all?

I mean, not to say that isn't a bad thing, but if that's the basis of this season's plot, then count me out.

That's just weak. It's gotta be something truly shocking...

Comment

I'm thinking the real daughter died somehow and the girl we saw last night was her replacement. Like she was kidnapped or something and brainwashed into thinking she's their daughter. I'm probably way off, but that's what I was thinking based on her memory of being taken and Julie saying that she wasn't the same girl.

I'm a little dissapointed at what they're doing with Edie. They spent all last season actually showing a deeper side of her and building some sympathy for the character and now they're just throwing all of that away as just more Edie playing games.

Comment

Loved last nights opener. Glad to see Bree back in her normal form and I think all the main "wives" were great. And I was definitely happy that the time difference between the season 3 finale and this episode was only 4 weeks.

Best Line of the Night: "Hey, let's go scare Mrs. McCluskey!" -Orson to Bree. The combination of the way Orson said it and the high five to Bree had me cracking up.

Runner Up: "It's nice to put a face to a name" -New neighbor giving Susan the exam

Bree - Marcia Cross, as always, was fantastic tonight. Even when she has not-so-serious stories, she still gives Emmy worthy performances. Loved all the belly-incidents happening to her and she had me cracking up. It is certainly nice to finally see Orson as a good guy and not be suspecting him of anything. And of course, Bree's end speech about how she wants a second chance was really nice (and as always, Orson is very understanding).

Lynette - I can certainly see why she didn't want anyone to know about the cancer. I too would feel like whenever I met with friends there would be a certain amount of pity-factor. But I could tell right from the beginning that the charade would be gone very soon, if not in that episode then in the next. And Lynette's mom is another nice addition to the cast. Also very happy to see how her and Tom's relationship has healed. Loved the 'no-secrets' pact at the end and how Bree hesitated.

Susan - I thought Susan's story was very good this episode. Leave it to Susan to try and find problems in her relationship. I cracked up the whole time at the doctor's office. But the moment he told her she was pregnant, I instantly asked "Who's the Father?" Is Mike really the father or could Ian come back into the picture?

Gabby - How long before she finally leaves Victor? I mean he has made it all too clear behind her back and to her face that he puts his job before her. It's ashame Carlos can't see what Edie's really doing.

Edie - I absolutely loved the whole beginning. I cracked up when Mrs. McCluskey (who else?) called Carlos over at just the right moment. Of course you knew she wasn't going to let that relationship fail. After all, she finally "let" Susan have Mike so she wasn't going to lose Carlos without a fact. And now with this Cayman Island blackmail.... Carlos is going to have a hard time getting rid of her. And while I did like lets-add-more-depth-while-bree-is-gone Edie of last season, I much prefer lets-make-her-the-bitchy-conniving-outsider Edie. Just my opinion though.

Mayfairs - This new neighbor certainly seems better than the soap-opera Whites and the all-too-predictable Art. They aren't too over the top and yet not too predictable. As for the girl, I think she has been brainwashed. Her responses when she met the housewives seemed like they were almost told to her. Physically, I think she is the same girl, just not mentally. Obviously something bad happened in that room. But I don't think it's ... seems too obvious. I do think it involved her father though. But my main question isn't what happened to the daughter..... but rather why did they have to return?
                                “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

I really hope that the baby is Mike's and not Ian's. Mike and Susan finally got together, and are finally happy! Let them be happy for a little while.

I hope Gabby does something to get back at Victor for being a decieving husband, it's just not in her character to go out meekly!

Obviously something bad happened to Dylan, why else would she forget everything about Wisteria Lane? I think either she blocked the memory or was brainwashed by her mother. Her mother is like the bad version of Bree, everything needs to be perfect, and any kind of blemishes need to be covered up.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharryb View Post
                                    I'm thinking the real daughter died somehow and the girl we saw last night was her replacement. Like she was kidnapped or something and brainwashed into thinking she's their daughter. I'm probably way off, but that's what I was thinking based on her memory of being taken and Julie saying that she wasn't the same girl.
                                    I think you may be on to something... and what happened to the original father/husband? I thought this guy was the stepfather/Hubby #2.
                                    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
                                    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Comment

I'm kind of dissapointed that Edie didn't commit suicide. That would have made for a great twist, rather than just some stupid stunt. And I want Carlos to dump her.

However, I thought the rest of the episode was great...I really want to find out more about the new neighbors.

Comment

I'm upset by the anti-Filipino sentiment in the first episode of the show. Susan's gynecologist mentions that she might be hitting menopause, and she says "Can I just check those diplomas because I want to make sure they're not from some med school in the Philippines." WTF?!! As a Filipino, I feel offended at this blatantly RACIST accusation that medical training in the Philippines is somehow sub-par, considering a MAJORITY of nurses, doctors, and lab technicians in the U.S. have come from schools in the Philippines! They had to pass the U.S. boards just like ANY OTHER. Why would Desperate Housewives, ABC, and Teri Hatcher choose to single out Filipinos?!

--nick--
                                        Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X