This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leno or Letterman?

In my neverending search to better understand the make up of Mice Chat folks, I am wondering...are you a Leno viewer or are you a Letterman viewer???
    Leno
    35.71%
    Letterman
    35.71%
    Neither
    28.57%

Re: Leno or Letterman?

there arent enough choices in this poll>

I enjoy both. however, I do have a problem with leno: if he would stop with the political bull****, and stick to actuall funny monologue, his show would be more enjoyable. (could be why the show was reduced to 1 hour from its original 1/1/2 hour-2 hour format.)

Comment

Can't go to bed until Letterman is over.... I think NY'ers tend to like Letterman more. Do watch Leno when Letterman is a repeat.
      ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Johnny Carson.

Comment

Pshaw to both.
          Conan O'Brien. TiVo it every night.
          I don't even bother with the other two.
          Watched Letterman, until his heart attack mellowed him out.
          Watched his spot on Oprah (she was in NYC to start her season), which was pretty good.

Comment

Letterman or Conan for me!
            How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
            :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Aimster I'm with ya!!! Carson was the BEST!!!!!!
              ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                Johnny Carson.
                I agree: Absolute Comedic Genius, playing off of Doc Sevrenson and Ed McMahon - too funny, every night. Even when he had an 'off' night, one look at the audience and they would crack up...

I do like Letterman over Leno; I hate the fact that Leno explains every one of his jokes - like a so-so joke will get a laugh the second time if he just gives a little more info...

"Congress - as part of its refurbishment - is asking to double the size of the current bathrooms to accomodate more people, wheelchairs - and Senator Craig's 'Bon Voyage' parties..."

(little response)

*looks over at Kevin Eubanks*

"see, Senator Craig got caught in a men's room in an airport...

(very little response)

...oh, never mind"

(crickets)

But like everyone, Letterman has lost his 'edge' (age? fatherhood?), and has become rather middle-of-the-road; it's too bad that he did not get the show when Carson retired as he always dreamed - and Carson wanted.
                Of course, Leno has held his own; the ratings are always close.
                "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Leno? Are you guys kidding me? Why not just squirt some lemon juice in my eye.

No offense, but Leno SUCKS. Jesus Christ could be a guest, and he wouldn't ask him any cool questions, like 'What's it like to walk on water?" Leno is the worst interviewer ever.

I agree that Conan is the man. Letterman is cool too, but Leno is a mess.

Comment

Conan for the win. Letterman for the sometimes decent musical guests.

Comment

Conan's da man.

Comment

I enjoy Conan as well, but the reason he isn't in the poll is because he isn't one of the 11:30 choices. This is why some folks can say they watch Letterman AND Conan, because, they aren't on at the same time. And this sounds exactly like I'm explaining a joke that Leno told... Anyway, thanks for coming to answer the poll and leave comments. I appreciate it.

Comment

I dislike many of the late night talk shows. Sometimes I'll watch the monolouge and they get into the interviews and I just stop caring and turn it off.

I grew hearing a lot of Letterman's show, as my grandparents would watch it every night before going to bed, and I've watched the show myself and it was okay. I did watch a whole night of Leno to see Brian Setzer perform and just about gouged my eyes out it was so horrible.

I never got into Conan either. The only late night guy I really like is Craig Fergueson.

Comment

I prefer Spaceghost.
                            -Tim

Comment

There's a true American 11:30 option I didn't see:

Steven Colbert
                              -Monorail Man

Comment

I didn't vote for Leno. It sounds like he has marbles in his mouth when he talks. He is decidedly lower-concept in his jokes and the way he delivers them to the masses. It makes me feel stupid to watch Leno. Letterman used to be the guy, but I'm just not compelled by him any more. Still love him, just don't stay up to say good night any more. Love Conan. Funny guy who has gotten better with time.

Bring back Ted Coppel!
                                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                Save

Comment

I can't wait until Conan is doing The Tonight Show. I just hope they don't try and ruin him. He's awesome.

And I'm with Monorail Man ... nobody on at 11:30 compares to Colbert.

Where is Jimmy Kimmell? He's really come into his own. I'm glad they didn't can him after his shakey start.

Comment

I wish disease and death upon Jay Leno. Letterman for life!
                                    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Working...
                                    X