• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAXandBELLESmom
    Life is Great!
    • Dec 2005

Re: Big Bang Theory

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Wish I could have watched it. Unfortunately the way the one tv we have now, Brian was TiVoing something and I couldn't watch it.

He TiVo's everything, and nothing -I- care about. Things must change, especially since we're a one tv house for the time being.
    if you hook up the cable to a comouter and get windows media center you can have an extra tivo. Thats what we did when our DVR died since we dont want tivo.
    Im lucky that MABD doesnt watch anything regularly that he needs to record so the schedule it mine, all mine.

I love this show. I have always been a fan of the roseanne dude (I still call him David-his character on Roseanne)
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

• cstephens
      done
      • Apr 2005

I love this show. And I love having a comedy where I literally laugh out loud multiple times during the course of the show. I was laughing and cringing during the whole segment about Superman catching (and not cutting into three pieces) Lois Lane. As we fast forwarded through the next commercial, I asked my husband if he knew what was really scary about that. He said, "Because you know people like that?" "No," I said, "I've *been* that." (Original "Battlestar Galactica" - squadrons were purple and orange, and I was right.) OK, let's see if I can remember names from now on. Kaley's character's name is Penny. The taller, geekier-looking guy is named Sheldon, and the shorter, not-quite-as-geeky-looking guy is named Leonard. I loved the whole bit about Sheldon not understanding sarcasm, though in my experience, geeks are actually quite good at sarcasm, using and getting. But the sarcasm sign that Leonard makes later is a perfect payoff to the joke. And I haven't met too many geek neat freaks, so Sheldon's got a lot more going on with him. And do two people really have that many different kinds of cereal on hand? I think at most, I had two for myself at any one time. I loved Kaley's reaction expressions - she is so incredibly good at that. And now I'm interested to see if they're going to continue the Bart-writes-a-different-thing-on-the-chalkboard-each-time gag in the end title card that has the production company name on it. They had it last week, and this week, it's a different card, so we're pausing to read. This one just had random bits of advice that were really funny. My favorite was: "Don't eat anything bigger than your head. True in the sixties. Still true now."

Comment

• Ginarella
        MiceChatter
        • Nov 2006

I finally watched last week's episode last night. I thought it was cute and funny.

I like the beauty and the geek concept.

Comment

• superstacie
          Googly eyed
          • Jan 2007

I am loving this show more after every episode. Last nights was great! It was cute that Lenord asked her out with out her knowing. ha. And OMG! I've known ppl who do a gamer marathon like that. ha, such a good show.
          STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
          And, I kiss that frog
          Each time finding
          The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
          He's the Earth and heaven to you

Comment

• PrincessY
            Winter in Oceanside...
            • Oct 2005

Yahoo named this show as one in jeopardy of being canceled.

Comment

• superstacie
              Googly eyed
              • Jan 2007

No way, Yahoo so doesnt knw what they are talking about. This show is too funny.
              STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
              And, I kiss that frog
              Each time finding
              The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
              He's the Earth and heaven to you

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                MiceChatter
                • Feb 2005

I agree. We just watched Monday's episode. It was great.

Sarah Gilbert's Cameo with her old Roseanne hubby was great.

Comment

• mikeland
                  World Traveler
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                  Sarah Gilbert's Cameo with her old Roseanne hubby was great.
                  I was watching this and it took me a while to finally GET IT that they were married in another show. I thought this was a cool nod. I wonder if Roseanne Barr will come in for a cameo in a future episode. Maybe she could be Sheldon's mother or something. That'd be freaky.

Comment

• PrincessY
                    Winter in Oceanside...
                    • Oct 2005

Laurie Metcalf (Roseanne's sister Jackie on the Rosanne Show) will be on this week.

Comment

• cstephens
                      done
                      • Apr 2005

Last week's episode - I thought the game at the beginning was a little forced, but it sure brought back memories of playing adventure games in college. I remember playing some D&D-type adventure game in college with someone, and we had gotten pretty far. We had a group of decently-leveled players, lots of spells, weapons, etc. I wanted to quit for the night. He wanted to try one more level, and he talked me into it. I didn't want to go into the room. He did. We went into the room. And we were ambushed. We were seriously out-matched, and they got first shot at us. Whack, zing, bwap. Killed half our team on their first go-round, half of the rest of the team went running away and were lost and one or two players made it back up top alive, but severely bruised and depleted. End of game.

I loved that they brought Asimov's 3 laws of robotics into the show, and they even recited two of them! I was laughing so hard.

I want a hyper allergenic calico. Not because of me, since I'm not allergic to cats, but I love calicos, and if I had a hyper allergenic one, a friend who's allergic to cats wouldn't have as hard a time when she comes over.

I want to know why Penny knows the term "centrifugal force".

This week's episode - "I love buffets." "Don't they have buffets in India?" "Yeah, but it's all Indian food."

I loved the shopping trip to the grocery store, and all of Sheldon's comments and *especially* Penny's reactions. "You're just making really expensive urine." "What if that was what I was going for?" And Sheldon with all his little bits of information. And then their tampon discussion outside Penny's door about buying 30 years worth? Too funny.

Sheldon looked really funny wearing the poncho (not sarape) in the entire scene. And the loom was a funny thing that reminded me of a joke among a few of my friends. All they needed was a Xena-wannabee...

I loved the dynamic of Sheldon being the uber-scientist with his ultra-conservative religious mother. Laurie Metcalfe was awesome! "I've got two other kids who are dumb as soup." Her delivery of the question to Mr. I-don't-speak-to-girls about whether chicken was considered one of those magic animals had us busting up. And the whole exchange in Sheldon's boss's office, including the exchange between her and the boss was terrific. Hopefully, they'll bring her back periodically.

When Sheldon's mom was finishing up with the prayer, she seemed to also be directing the comment to Mr. Spock. I don't remember him having a particular religious bent. Is he supposed to be Jewish? That's the only thing I could think of that would make her including him on the comment make sense.

Loved the glow-in-the-dark fish at the end!

Comment

• cstephens
                        done
                        • Apr 2005

last week's episode - I can't tell you how much the episode made me laugh. Some of the writing on the show is absolutely brilliant. Clever and quick. However, I was completely distracted by the fact that when we visited where Penny works, that is so *not* The Cheesecake Factory. I could swear the show was supposed to be set in Los Angeles, and then they also talked about Bob's Big Boy. The Cheesecake Factory is so not a little sandwich place. That seriously bothered me, and it changed my perception of Penny a little since The Cheesecake Factory is a much more upscale place, so her working there is different than where we saw her working. Why didn't they just come up with a random fake restaurant name? But there were so many great moments: Leslie's line of "come for the breasts, stay for the brains" in response to Penny's comment about her being a woman in that field, Mr. Spock beatboxing, Leslie's comments to Leonard about her real reason for staying after to practice, Leonard completely fumbling with his instrument, what Penny and Sheldon overhear Leslie saying from behind the closed door (BTW, why did Leonard still have his shirt on the next morning?), the flash-frozen banana that Leslie makes to break and put in her cereal (but seriously, she can't possible eat that - the banana bits would still be rock hard), Sheldon's line about Souplantation - "you can't grow soup". But my absolutely favorite bit is when Leonard is questioning what Penny meant by he and Leslie making a cute couple, and Sheldon's retort is about Leonard and Leslie manufacturing a couple - "Mr. and Mrs. Goldfarb - aren't they adorable?" We laughed so hard at that line that we had to rewind, partly so we could hear it again and partly because we missed what came after.

The stairs bug me though. I think I've figured out that they live on the fourth floor, and I get that the broken elevator is really a device so they can have a conversation as they're climbing the stairs, but watching them walk in the same redressed set as their conversation continues is just bugging me.

Oh, and we figured out that the end card blog is a two-card thing. "Two and a Half Men" has new cards as well.

this week's episode - I didn't find this one nearly as funny as last week's but it was still fun to watch. How many shows get to work in the Doppler Effect as an integral part of their storyline? I loved the bit about them all dressed as The Flash. Sheldon's comments about a costume parade and contest were just too funny. And Leonard's interaction and intellectual put-down's of Penny's ex-boyfriend were just a riot. Poor Leonard, though. Penny kisses him, but he has to be the good guy and tell her that she's probably doing it because she's mad at her ex and because she's been drinking. She tells him how smart he is. "Yeah, I'm a frickin' genius," he sarcastically replies. You feel for him, wanting to take advantage of her, but he just can't do it. It's funny that Sheldon is the overly-geeky one, but Leonard is almost in denial about his geekiness some of the time, especially when it comes to Penny.

Comment

• PrincessY
                          Winter in Oceanside...
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by cstephens View Post
                          But my absolutely favorite bit is when Leonard is questioning what Penny meant by he and Leslie making a cute couple, and Sheldon's retort is about Leonard and Leslie manufacturing a couple - "Mr. and Mrs. Goldfarb - aren't they adorable?" .
                          I don't get it??

Comment

• clairebear
                            Banned User
                            • Feb 2007

Is this penny? I know i recognized her from somewhere...

Comment

• cstephens
                              done
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by clairebear View Post
                              Is this penny? I know i recognized her from somewhere...
                              Yes, Penny is played by Kaley, who was the older, blonde daughter in "8 Simple Rules".

Comment

• cstephens
                                done
                                • Apr 2005

Another stellar episode. Another one where we had to stop the DVR and go back so we could watch a scene again. I loved the Chinese restaurant episode. Chinese waiter dude is like the only working Chinese actor in Hollywood, if you don't count Chow Yun Fat and Jet Li, and you won't find either of them pretending to be a waiter in a Chinese restaurant. (I think this is the same guy who was in the Chinese restaurant episode of "Seinfeld", one of like two episodes of that show that I saw. I think I also saw the "we can't remember where we parked our car in the parking structure at the mall so we have to wander around everywhere looking for it" episode. But I digress...) I loved his retort when Sheldon was talking about "where he comes from": "I come from Sacramento," and then the look of utter embarrassment on Sheldon's face as he tries to hide. As Sheldon listed off what they usually order (steamed dumplings, general so's chicken, beef with broccoli, shrimp with lobster sauce and vegetable lo mein), and he then asked what was wrong, my response was "you're ordering BORING food!" It didn't get any better when either Leonard or Raj suggested ordering soup instead, and what would they be ordering? Won ton soup. Puhleeze.

I loved how anal Sheldon was being about not being able to divide everything evenly since Spock was with his new girlfriend. When Raj suggested cutting the fourth dumpling, Sheldon's response was that it's then no longer a dumpling, "at best, it's a very small open-face sandwich". And when waiter dude suggested "accidentally" dropping the fourth dumpling, and Leonard said, "No one will know," Sheldon was emphatic about "I will know."

I loved Penny's look when Leonard made her promise not to gnaw the meat off their bones after Leonard's and Sheldon's earthquake supplies discussion. And what the heck was up with Raj still munching on a sandwich in the kitchen? Too funny.

But the best bit really was when they were playing Halo 3, and Penny was kicking the crap out of Sheldon on her first try. Leonard: "Penny, you're on fire." Penny: "So is Sheldon." And then Sheldon tried to walk away, but Penny convinced him to come back - only so he could witness her nuking him. Priceless.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Feb 2005

The part where they are all playing Halo, penny walks in with her friends and says something like "We were tired of dancing so we thought we'd come over and have sex with you" and the boys don't budge.

Then after the girls leave, Leonard says "I think I just heard something".

LMAO!!!

Comment

• aimster
                                    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Ok I've decided to give this show another chance. A lot I still don't find funny but there's been a few things here and there that have made me laugh. I usually end up having it on for background noise anyway since it's on between my other 2 shows (How I Met Your Mother and Two & a Half Men).

Comment

• belle
                                      Sunshine is the best!!!
                                      • Jan 2006

I so love this show. It makes me laugh.
                                      *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

• snorkeld
                                        Dreams do come true
                                        • Sep 2005

This show makes me laugh also , but I have not seen this weeks ep. I was going to watch it tonight but decided to head to DL instead. maybe tomorrow

Comment

• cstephens
                                          done
                                          • Apr 2005

Another funny episode. I loved Penny's line to Sheldon that someday, she'll get the hang of talking to him, and Leonard's response that his mother's been saying that for years. I think it's interesting that they've made it so Penny likes half of the foursome (Leonard and Raj) and more or less dislikes the other half (Sheldon and Spock). It still bugs me that they pretend The Cheesecake Factory is something else entirely. Sheldon made a reference to a business in Reseda, so they're definitely in Southern California. I'm not sure why Penny needed people to actually order drinks though. I mean, can't they just give her names of drinks to test her? And Sheldon with his Diet Coke was a riot. In response to his request for a wedge of lime, I loved Penny's response of "then swim to Cuba". And the magic grasshopper allows Raj to actually talk to Penny. That was cool. However, he was such the bore with Lolita on their date.

I loved the twist they gave Sheldon. He's been the uber-geek one, but yet, they showed a completely different side of him with the Indian [Lolita: "Us Indian or come to our casino Indian?" ] fairy tale that he'd learned as a kid when he'd apparently fallen in love with the Indian princess. You totally believed that Lolita was much more into him than Raj, but as far as Sheldon was concerned, it was ultimately nothing. When he returns from the date, and Leonard asks if he's going to see her again, he's honestly incredulous at the question, because why on earth would he see her again since he already has a dentist. He also had no idea that it was bad form to leave with her when she was Raj's date.

I did disagree with one thing, though. While I thought it was funny to have Sheldon playing the keyboards and belting out songs, I thought it was wrong to have Penny spike his Diet Coke. It just really struck me as wrong for her character.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X