Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survivorman and Man vs Wild

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Survivorman and Man vs Wild

    I'm addicted to these shows!
    I randomly want to see if I can start a fire anytime of the day now.

    Last night Bear was in the Everglades and he caught a 2" size frog and just ate him. Then he found a turtle, stuck his knife in his head and killed him, threw him on the fire and basically steamed him, then broke the shell of and ate him. He squeezed some juice from some unripe oranges though so that made it ok.

    Crazy stuff, I love it.

  • #2
    Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

    These shows are addicting. It's amazing to see what you can eat, even though you would never think of eating it.
    ---------
    |I QUIT|
    ---------
    ...Not like anyone on here really gives a care about me anyway...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

      Originally posted by nevi12 View Post
      These shows are addicting. It's amazing to see what you can eat, even though you would never think of eating it.
      So true.
      I would never think to eat a turtle just because I've never had to.
      Just all of the random things that grow out there that are edible is crazy! But of course there's stuff you have to watch out for too. If I really got stuck out there, I'd question everything and end up starving to death because I wasn't sure if it was good for me or not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

        I just found survivorman and I'm hooked, I think Ive seen 7 episodes so far and I cannot get enough. My wife hates my favorite shows, but I'll have the last laugh someday if we are stranded in the middle of the artic!!!


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

          Originally posted by snorkeld View Post
          I just found survivorman and I'm hooked, I think Ive seen 7 episodes so far and I cannot get enough. My wife hates my favorite shows, but I'll have the last laugh someday if we are stranded in the middle of the artic!!!
          I just wish there were more!
          I've TIVO'd them all and I watch all the re-runs.

          I love to camp but now I want to do more extreme type backpacking or something.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

            I love 'em both, though I prefer Man Vs Wild, Bear is just more entertaining to watch and while it's admirable the guy from Survivorman goes completely on his own, I dislike his almost constant jumpy camera work.

            Loved it when Bear was in the desert, he climbed up a rock, found a raven's nest and just took one of the eggs, cracked it open in his mouth then ate the shell. Didn't even know you could do that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

              Originally posted by Brain Toad View Post
              I love 'em both, though I prefer Man Vs Wild, Bear is just more entertaining to watch and while it's admirable the guy from Survivorman goes completely on his own, I dislike his almost constant jumpy camera work.

              Loved it when Bear was in the desert, he climbed up a rock, found a raven's nest and just took one of the eggs, cracked it open in his mouth then ate the shell. Didn't even know you could do that.
              I just started watching Man vs Wild so I need to Tivo them.
              But holy crap! He just picked the egg out and ate it like that huh? Crazy!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                I just started watching Man vs Wild so I need to Tivo them.
                But holy crap! He just picked the egg out and ate it like that huh? Crazy!
                Yeah, there was two, so he took one and just ate it. Then took the other one down and fried it on a rock, no fire, just a rock that was in the sun. It looked tasty when fried though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                  Originally posted by Brain Toad View Post
                  Yeah, there was two, so he took one and just ate it. Then took the other one down and fried it on a rock, no fire, just a rock that was in the sun. It looked tasty when fried though.
                  Amazing isn't it? Wow

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                    We love Man vs Wild. Bear is definitely the guy I'd want on my plane if we crashed in the middle of nowhere. He's like MacGuyver with a survival knife!

                    Survivorman bugs me though. He's just too clumsy and something about the way he talks is grating. Bear would kick his A any day.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                      Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
                      We love Man vs Wild. Bear is definitely the guy I'd want on my plane if we crashed in the middle of nowhere. He's like MacGuyver with a survival knife!

                      Survivorman bugs me though. He's just too clumsy and something about the way he talks is grating. Bear would kick his A any day.
                      Now that I've seen more Man vs Wild I agree with you, Bear would kick Les's *** but I still enjoy and learn from both shows.
                      Les is more of a film maker than a survivor type guy, I think he even said that himself.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                        I like Survivorman, since I seems a bit more realistic and practical for the average joe. Some of the stuff Bear Grylls does is just not practical. You wouldn't do it if you were in a life or death situation, unless you have the skill and training and physique that Bear does. Most of us do not. Yes Survivorman's camera work is a bit shaky - but he is doing the camera work. He is out there all on his own- really facing the hardships and taping it. So if he is out in the wilderness for 3 days eating bugs- he is truely going through it and his strength would diminish as anyone's would. Bear has a whole crew and probably stays at a Holiday inn after 4 hours of taping. He is refreshed each day. Not realistic
                        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

                        ΔΜΧΑ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                          Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
                          I like Survivorman, since I seems a bit more realistic and practical for the average joe. Some of the stuff Bear Grylls does is just not practical. You wouldn't do it if you were in a life or death situation, unless you have the skill and training and physique that Bear does. Most of us do not. Yes Survivorman's camera work is a bit shaky - but he is doing the camera work. He is out there all on his own- really facing the hardships and taping it. So if he is out in the wilderness for 3 days eating bugs- he is truely going through it and his strength would diminish as anyone's would. Bear has a whole crew and probably stays at a Holiday inn after 4 hours of taping. He is refreshed each day. Not realistic

                          Very true, great points.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                            What channel and day is this on?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                              Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
                              What channel and day is this on?
                              They play them on the Discovery channels and I believe the Science channel.
                              Re-runs are on ALL THE TIME.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                                Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                                They play them on the Discovery channels and I believe the Science channel.
                                Re-runs are on ALL THE TIME.
                                Ummm ok. I was just curious because I never heard of this show. I think I am already booked with other shows I want to watch.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                                  New episodes are usually on Fridays, right now Survivorman is new, but I think Man vs Wild may start being new again, as they are showing it when they usually show Survivorman reruns

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                                    They are both very interesting shows. We DVR them both. You never know when you will need some of this knowledge.
                                    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

                                    ΔΜΧΑ

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                                      Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
                                      They are both very interesting shows. We DVR them both. You never know when you will need some of this knowledge.
                                      Knowledge is one thing but what about courage to throw a frog in your mouth?

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

                                        Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                                        Knowledge is one thing but what about courage to throw a frog in your mouth?
                                        Or to pee on your own t-shirt and wrap it around your head to keep cool? I think I'd rather get heat stroke. :yuck:

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X