This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Survivorman and Man vs Wild

I think I read that due to the controversy about Man v. Wild, it may not be coming back at all. Let me see if I can find a source...
    A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
      I think I read that due to the controversy about Man v. Wild, it may not be coming back at all. Let me see if I can find a source...

What was the controversy?

Comment

That he doesn't really "survive" in the wild, that he sleeps in hotels at night. I guess there is one episode in question where he was on a "desert island", but really, was in Hawaii.

Comment

Surviorman is my favorite! w00t. I remember when I was stuck in the jungle, and all i had was a can of soda, some tooth pics, a Twinkie and an extra pair of underwear, man this show really helps!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm sorry, I totally can't remember where I saw that bit of info. I've been looking but to no avail. So take it with a grain of salt. Maybe the article said "Bear Grylls totally is for real in season 3!" and I read it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
              I'm sorry, I totally can't remember where I saw that bit of info. I've been looking but to no avail. So take it with a grain of salt. Maybe the article said "Bear Grylls totally is for real in season 3!" and I read it wrong.

No problem!

Comment

There was fraud - or at least misrepresentation surrounding Man vs Wild.

Discovery has gone back and "re-edited" the first season to include disclaimers and voice-overs when the crew has helped Bear. The new second season will be 2 hours instead of 1 to show greater detail.

I don't consider it a big deal. I still have great respect for him and the crew.
                "But every night, when it gets dark
                and the stars come out,
                I'll look up on her behalf.
                I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Working...
                X