This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaper

Anyone else see this? I had to see it being a big big big Kevin Smith nerd and the premise seemed interesting. I mean how do you sell your kids' soul to the devil?

I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the way the Devil came off was actually... he seemed like a great little character. Not all evil. I liked the main cast. Ben with the eyebrows at the end. I am curious where this goes. Anyone else?

Re: Reaper

Havent' seen it yet, but it is on the DVR just waiting to be watched....along with Bionic Woman, Journeyman, Chuck....guh, its a busy fall TV season in this house!

oh...and House is still waiting to be watched too! lol
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I liked it. I hope it sticks around, because it seems like the kind of show that will get a small following of hardcore fans, but that will wind up cancelled due to lack of mainstream success. Hopefully being on CW will and getting good preseason buzz from critics will give it a solid chance.

Comment

I caught it as well and really enjoyed it. It suprised me as I did not have much hope for a Kevin Smith vehicle on broadcast television but I could easily see his influence throughout the show. Looking forward to future episodes.

Comment

I have a feeling that CW will keep it only because it has such good buzz. And if they don't I feel bad for Brett Harrison.

Comment

I watched it and thought it was pretty good. There were some humorous moments in it and I liked the lead character. Hopefully it will do good, but being on CW makes it hard to predict if it will make it or not.

Comment

I really liked it. There were quite a few parts that made me actually laugh out loud. I have like Bret Harrison since The Loop so it was nice seeing him in this and I love the comedy paring of him with Tyler Labine.

It reminds me of another show that I loved - Dead Like Me. It even has Delores Herbig "Her big brown eyes" from Dead Like Me and is filmed in the same area - B.C., Canada.

Comment

I really enjoyed it, I hope it does well enough in the ratings to keep going for a while.

Comment

I had a random thought during last night's episode that I thought I'd throw out (mostly because if it's true, I want you all to remember who saw it coming first ).

We know that Sam is working for the devil, but could it be that there's more to the hot chick than meets the eye as well? We have her working somewhere that you wouldn't expect to see someone like her working. We have her trying very hard to be scheduled with Sam and wanting to be around him. So I'm thinking either she's working for God (possibly an angel) watching over Sam OR she's also working for the Devil as some sort of back up or temptation for Sam.

Am I just having a wild imagination moment here or what?

Comment

I like Sox! And Ben! I was laughing so hard when they were in their rubber outfits and there was something like where Sox said "you would die looking like a .... not a good look." And Ben was like "I look good!" And by the way: I liked the gratitious shirtless scene with Brett Harrison. That was good.

Comment

Gotta say, I really like this show. There were some laugh-out-loud parts and I really like the characters (although the friend might start getting to be a bit much for me) and the Devil is great. I do have to agree the part with the rubber outfits was pretty funny.

Xharryb, interesting thought...sounds like a possibility. I prefer to think of her as working with God though :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Villains Fan View Post
                        Xharryb, interesting thought...sounds like a possibility. I prefer to think of her as working with God though :angel:
                        That's where I'm leaning as well. She is quite attractive after all. Some might even say "angelic". :lol:

The only reason I thought of the other possibility is the way the devil seemed pleased to have them working together at the end.

Comment

Wasn't there a part in the opening show where the devil says something to the lead character about seeing the future (or talking to God or something like this), and telling him he was going to be ok.

Also, she did look pretty angelic amongst all those flowers at the end

Comment

What if she is just a cool chick?

Comment

That's always an option, but I'm pretty much always on the look out for the big twist.

Comment

I haven't seen it, but I'd say that it bodes well that you all are already having debate and theories going back and forth. That usually means it's a good show. Hopefully I'll catch it, we are HUGE Kevin Smith fans here.
                                �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I really like this show. The more and more it's on the more I like it. I really enjoyed the whole quasi-food court banter and Sam just... I think Sam is awesome.

I heard a spoiler though:
                                  Spoiler
                                  The Devil has a daughter and Sam is gonna' get a crush.

Comment

I like Sam more with each show, but his friend Socks is already beginning to get on my nerves a little.

Comment

I am obligated to love this show, since I have family ties to Mr. Smith....
                                      It gets better every episode--and Bret Harrison is some major eye candy..
                                      <3 Chloe

Comment

I haven't seen a whole episode yet, but if the plot to every episode is get the runaway soul in the vessel and it happens on every show, then i see it getting old quick.

Comment

Working...
                                        X