X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Sexy Money

Okay, who else watched?

I absolutely loved it. It's definitely my favorite pilot so far of the fall season (although we still have Pushing Daisies coming up next week). Everything about it was so pitch perfect that I have trouble believing they'll be able to keep it up week after week. Although, if anyone can do it, Greg Berlanti can. The man knows how to run a show.

Anyway, so what were your favorite parts? Any favorite characters so far?

Mine has to be Karen Darling. She comes across as being the most normal of the Darling's, and I love her interactions with Nick.

Re: Dirty Sexy Money

I love that you loved it. I feel like it can be sort of an Arrested Development-type show. The Darlings were very Bluth-like, and Peter Krause is our Michael (although normal).

It's one of the best pilots I've seen in years.

I love the history of the two families, and I love love love Brian, the angry reverend. Everytime he was on-screen, I was giggling. "I hate you." Love his illegitimate kid. :lol:

The entire show was perfect. I noticed it was directed by Peter Horton, too, so that's great! And Greg Berlanti always came up with great storylines for Everwood. I don't see this show being stale any time soon.

Comment

Dang I missed it. I loved the viral marketing through gossip blogs and magazines.

Gonna have to set the tiVo, it will certainly be full this season!
      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
      Help support the site you love:
      -Visit the MiceChat store
      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

You can see the pilot on www.abc.com. Launch the Full Episode Viewer and it's on there! I'm watching it now.

Comment

Oh my God. It's even better a second time. Brian cracks me up. Him storming out of the school after making all those threats and something about slashed tires and then "I have to do a baptism." He's the best reverend ever. :clap: And then later when they get in a fight....I was cracking up as he whined "I hate you!" and then started running up the stairs.

And I picked up that the Asian woman and two little girls playing piano at the party are his family. Didn't notice that last night because I didn't think he had a family until the very end of the show.

I really love all the characters. And Jill Clayburgh is the best.

Comment

Glad you all liked it - I have it saved on my DVR for later.

Comment

I saw it too and thought it was great - all the characters even in the first eps were well rounded and we know where each stand in the story - I'm really looking forward to next week - and I agree about the reverend - ROTFL - but then the do nothing son was a riot too - but we have to remember, have we seen anything with Donald Sutherland that wasn't excellent????
              Spell Binding Books
              http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
              The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
              We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
              Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
              Contact us [email protected] for more details!

Comment

Donald Sutherland rocks. I love this show. I watched it twice and caught a few things I missed the first time. Like many other pp, I love Brian also..never seen such a whiney reverend, would love to see a back story on how he became a reverend.

Can't wait until next week!!
                www.reveles.net
                "a whole lot of nothin"

Comment

I loved it too! Watched it today on ABC.com. It was so fast paced and interesting. I can't wait to see where the story goes from here.

Was Brian the little kid at the beginning who said, "I hate you" to young Nick? I figured Karen was the little girl who said, "I love you" to him.

Brian is a great character but what about Patrick being this straight arrow, tough Attorney General/Senatorial candidate who's to scared to break up with his "girl"friend. So funny!
                  ~ Tami

Comment

Yup the boy was the Reverend, and the girl was the sister - did you know the 'girl' friend was a guy at one time?
                    Spell Binding Books
                    http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
                    The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
                    We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
                    Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
                    Contact us [email protected] for more details!

Comment

Excellent casting for Patrick's "girl"friend. She's a pretty well-known transgendered woman.

Comment

Is it just me or is William Baldwin looking alot like Alec ? They used to look alot different, but when I was watching last night I thought 30 Rock was on for a second.

Loving this show. I loved when they show up for a funeral and how when someone made a bad comment to the yougest daughter her comment back was, "Well, your poor!" )

Comment

i agree with stinkerbelle, it's alot like arrested developement. I can see where the family is going to cause lots of problems and somehow all his father's secrets are going to come out. I don't know however if this show can be sustained for an entire season let alone more than one, Time will tell

Comment

LOVED IT! Love love loved it. I love Brian the angry reverend, one of my favoritest parts was the one Stink mentioned where he whined "I hate you" and then ran upstairs.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I watched it a third time early this morning with my husband. He loved it SO much. Yea! :clap: I love it when we can agree on a show. Pilots aren't typically that good.

I don't think they'll run out of storylines, as the family can get into so much trouble, plus you have Nick's office and him spending that $10million, so I'm sure there will be random characters/sub-plots involving his charitable works, and the mystery surrounding his father.....there's plenty to work with!

Comment

I had heard that this was almost a throwback to the days of "Dallas" and "Dynasty", and being huge fans of those shows, I decided to give this one a try. To me, the writers just tried entirely too hard - and it showed and almost reeked of desperation. It was so over-the-top, even for a soap opera, but with none of the camp of "Dallas" or "Dynasty" and really none of the sincerity of a real daytime soap opera. I was almost out before the first half-hour was up, but then came the spectacular scene with Donald Sutherland that had me glued to the screen. Donald is not only the best part of the show, but he's really wonderful, and he was really the only reason I even watched the entire episode. However, the appeal of watching Donald week after week isn't enough to get me through the rest of the show. This is the show that has one character who is a raving donkey's-opening priest who has an illegitimate child on the side that his wife and kids don't know about and that his mistress has just dropped on his doorstep and another character (brother to the priest character) who is a married would-be Senatorial candidate who is having a torrid affair with a transsexual. Trying entirely too hard.

Comment

I'm obviously in the minority here. But I thought that it was overdone, overacted, and just kind of stupid in spots. Was that Dan Rather I saw there? Is he desperate for work, or what?

Donald Sutherland, I agree, may be the only reason for watching the show.

Uhhh, he's never been in a show that bombed?

We have short memories.

"Commander-In-Chief", last year - which I liked, by the way.
                                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

New episode tonight!

I don't think Dirty Sexy Money is trying at all to be a throwback to Dallas. If anything, it's a cross between Arrested Development and Desperate Housewives. I don't think it fits into a category, which I'm all for these days. I can't stand formulaic one-hour dramas or half hour sitcoms. I just don't have the patience for them anymore. They've been played out.

We need new blood, something different. I'm hoping DSM is it!

Comment

WOW -- shocked at what I am reading in this thread. My roommate and I both watched it and thought it was completely frigging awful. Not one character that was fun to watch. The main character was brain-damaged to not figure out what was going on.

In Arrested Development, the characters were over-the-top funny caricatures. They were mean and spoiled but there was a sense of fun in watching them.

None of that existed in Dirty Sexy Money. They weren't interesting, funny, exciting or sexy at all, just annoying. I wanted them to die. And they will, since I won't ever watch that bloody terrible show again.

And OH MY GOD the music was horrible, horrible, horrible. Quasi-rock BS to make it be "cool". It was trying too hard and man, did it show.
                                      I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                                      sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
                                        It was trying too hard .
                                        I think this sums it up pretty good. I really don't have enough interest to watch a second episode.

Comment

Working...
                                        X