This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First show to be cancelled?

What show will the first show to be cancelled?

My money is on both Cavemen and Kid Nation.

Re: First show to be cancelled?

While I'd think Kid Nation as well, the premier episode pulled in a 5.9/10 on the Nielson, and this weeks episode was third, behind Deal or No Deal. However, with DoND going away on the Wed. slot (for Novemeber sweeps), we may not be seeing the end of Kid Nation anytime soon (assuming it doesn't suffer from major viewer rot).
    -Monorail Man

Comment

I also see Kid Nation and Caveman going down the hole!! Nashville already been axed!

Also, taken from the Fall Line Up Thread:

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
      All times listed are Eastern Standard Time.

Aliens in America - Monday's 8:30pm CW - October 1st
      Back To You - Wednesday's 8pm Fox - Sept 19th
      Big Shots - Thursday's 10pm ABC - Sept 27th
      Carpoolers - Tuesday 8:30pm ABC - October 2nd
      Cavemen - Tuesday 8pm ABC - October 2nd
      Dexter - Sunday's 9pm Showtime - Sept 30th
      Dirty Sexy Money - Wednesday's 10pm ABC - Sept 26th
      Life - Wednesday's 10pm NBC - Sept 26th
      Life is Wild - Sunday's 8pm CW - Oct. 7th
      Nashville - Friday's 9pm Fox - Sept 14th
      Private Practice - Wednesday's 9pm ABC - Sept 28th
      Samantha Who? - Monday's 9:30pm ABC- October 15th
      The Big Bang Theory - Monday's 8:30pm CBS - Sept. 24th
      Viva Laughlin - Sunday's 8pm CBS - Oct. 21st
      Woman's Murder Club - Friday's 9pm ABC - Oct. 12th
      Last edited by Dan - Tasmic!; 09-29-2007, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Like I said in the fall thread, Kid Nation will lose to Back To You on Fox, Deal or No Deal on NBC and Pushing Daisies on ABC.

As far as why Cavemen is going to be cancelled, it faces NCIS on CBS, The Biggest Loser on NBC and come January, that American Idol steamroller on Fox.

Comment

I fell asleep during Moonlight (and I love vampire stuff) and thought Big Shots was... exchanged the o for an i in shots and take out the last s in shots.

Comment

I TIVO'd "Back to You" once...never...ever..again
            The two shows im REALLY excited about this season is House and The Office
            I loved both season premires and the previous seasons!

Comment

I was listening to the news on the Radio yesterday, and CBS is very pleased with Kid Nation, it is bringing in a lot of kids and teenagers, which is not normally part of the CBS demographic. And since it is a reality series, it is very hard to cancel.

I presume they had a back-up plan, and more than likely would have moved the show to the CW (half owned by CBS) instead of being cancelled outright.

The same person was saying that Caveman was having serious problems, they totally recast the show and filmed the Pilot a second time, and that he has not yet seen the new version, even though he is a TV critic, not a good sign at all.
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Ummm, I hate the caveman commercials - I couldn't imagine sitting through an entire episode.
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                  Ummm, I hate the caveman commercials - I couldn't imagine sitting through an entire episode.
                  I'm with you on this!

I figure any new show I watch and like will get cancelled...I have a knack for that . So, on that note, I'm guessing Moonlight (debuted last night about a vampire private eye) will get the ax. I liked the show, but those kind of shows don't seem to do well (and being on Friday night is like the kiss of death too).

Comment

The only new show I have watched so far, is Moonlight.
                    I liked it. It reminds me of a Vampire version of Moonlighting.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I would like to give Caveman one chance. But being already on ABC. I can see it going bye-bye. Just thinking of the ABC nature of comedy.

But Kid Nation won't see another season, for sure.

Moonlighting I haven't seen. But I have a interest in seeing that one and Pushing Daisies.
                      Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

I think Cavemen and Big Bang Theory are doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayley B View Post
                          I would like to give Caveman one chance. But being already on ABC. I can see it going bye-bye. Just thinking of the ABC nature of comedy.
                          Come to think of it, there has been no surviving sitcoms on ABC besides "According To Jim" and "George Lopez." all the other got cancelled.

Comment

I also think Cavemen will go. Stupid premise to begin with.

I saw the second episode of Back To You. While I like the actors I just could not get in to Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton having a child together and he never knew and now he wants to be a father ... blah, blah, blah. There were some laugh out loud moments but too few. I also got a kick out of the one reporter being tasered live on air for the ratings. He was really good. The other big thing that totally turns me off on this show is the obnoxious laugh track!!!

I so want to see Pushing Daisys.

I see Chuck is repeating tonight and I missed that one. I heard some good things about it so will give it a look see.
                            sigpic

Comment

I vote for Big Bang Theory. I was extremely underwhelmed by it after one episode. Awful! I wish they didn't cancel The Class last year.... I'm dying to know what happened!

Comment

My number one new show I am looking forward to, The Next Iron Chef on Food Network. This should be fun, they are going to travel around the world and go from 8 to 1. Starts next Sunday night (the 7th).
                                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                                  The only new show I have watched so far, is Moonlight.
                                  I liked it. It reminds me of a Vampire version of Moonlighting.
                                  Really, I thought it was duller that dirt. I almost fell asleep during the show.
                                  Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
                                    Really, I thought it was duller that dirt. I almost fell asleep during the show.
                                    I did sleep. I was watching it and I was like "oh Kevin Weisman!" Yeah... dude I was asleep within 15 minutes.

Comment

I didn't watch it because it sounded duller than dirt. I don't get the vampire love.

Comment

Way back when the new fall shows were announced I think I gave Cavemen 3 episodes before it got cancelled. Now, after seeing the breakdancing cowboy caveman I give it one.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X