This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavemen

Well, being a HUGE fan of the commercials.. I was really looking forward to this. Keeping in mind that this was the pilot (and like a lot of pilots...NOT the best) I actually enjoyed it.

What I see is lots and lots of potential if it is given time to grow into itself.

(And what can I say.. I'm absolutely positively taken with Nick! (He's the one on the right! Couldn't find the really good pics of him)

Being the self-rightious, "Sape"-hating, "Cavemen for Cavemen only," con artist git that he is... I LOVE HIM!!!:thumbup: (Yeah I could convert him over to Sapes -= caveman slang for Homosapiens) really easy!!!) :blush::yea:

But, I'm hoping this show gets a chance...like I said..wasn't the best, but soooo very much potential.
    Originally posted by migo
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Re: Cavemen

I like the commericials also and was thrilled when I heard a series was coming out. In fact, quite awhile ago, I had mentioned to my son, "they should make a show with these guys" and apparently the TV gods heard me! I thought it was ok, but I like to give a new show three trys. If I haven't totally warmed up to it by then, I won't bother anymore. So, here's hoping...
    I want my cake back!
    sigpic

Comment

The show was alright, it dodn't grab my attention imediately. I quite enjoyed it, not funny enough.

Comment

Glad they didn't go the traditional sitcom route... it was much better than expected. Lots of potential for a classic if they keep it growing.
        -Tim

Comment

I loved it and my husband didn't like it. I want to watch next week and see how the second episode goes.
          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

NCIS on CBS.

The Singing Bee/The Biggest Loser on NBC.

Bones (and ultimately American Idol) on Fox.

There's the door guys. Don't let it hit back on your backside.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
              NCIS on CBS.

The Singing Bee/The Biggest Loser on NBC.

Bones on Fox..
              Haven't seen Cavemen yet (Tivo), but I've never seen any of the above ever.

Comment

The commercials always made me laugh the first time. The show didn't make me laugh at all, wich is exactly what I expected. Those jokes worked for a quick commercial, but I have a really hard time seeing how this show can possibly "evolve".

Comment

I wanted to hate this show. I really did.

Instead I really enjoyed it. I laughed out loud multiple times. There was some very clever and fresh writing there.

My favorite line (and a testament to the show that I remember it the next day):

"Keep your penis in your genus." :lol:
                  Rick

Comment

Nick Kroll is too funny for this crap show. "Fabrice Fabrice" needs his own show.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=9d_f2pg8EuE

Comment

I liked Sam Huntington! It wasn't horrible.

Comment

I really thought I'd hate it, but it wasn't bad. Jury is still out.

Comment

I'm trying to find the link again...but saw an article that talked about how the ABC "PC Police" got nervous about the tone of the show and really "toned it down and re-worked it" for the pilot.

COMMON, ABC...WE KNOW YOU READ MICECHAT!!! Give us our Cavemen in all their wonderful, non-PC compliant, neanderthal glory!!!!!!!

And yes, ALL of the guys were great!!!! (But Nick is STILL my fav!) :thumbup:
                          Originally posted by migo
                          I poop with joy!
                          Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

I love the commercials but after hearing bad reports about the show earlier this year I was afraid it was going to be a miserable mess. Fortunately I was pleasently surprised. It retains the tone of the commercials pretty well. I really enjoyed it.

I have too many shows that I want to watch this season.

Comment

The promos for the show were better than the show. Of course this often the case with many shows. I might watch again.

[email protected]

Andy
                              -
                              What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

The only reason I watched is because caveman "Joel" went to highschool with my cousin.
                                WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
                                DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Comment

My brother was watching it so I gave it a shot.
                                  It was just kinda "meh"
                                  I laughed probably twice in the 1/2 hr period.
                                  Just didn't do it for me

Comment

Anybody give it another shot? I thought the second episode was funny. I'm not sure if it's funny enough to stick around awhile, but we'll see.
                                    I want my cake back!
                                    sigpic

Comment

Wait was it on again?

Comment

Meh. Apparently writing sitcoms isn't actually sooo easy that even a caveman could do it after all.

(Come on, someone had to say it.)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X