X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aladdin
    replied
    Re: Cavemen

I just watched the 3rd episode of Cavemen at abc.com.
    Very clever Writing and acting. This was the best episode
    to date. It's fun when the SMARTER cavemen can play off
    the DUMBER non-cavement!

Leave a comment:

• thrax
    replied

the fight between the caveman mascot was preetey funny

Leave a comment:

• cerpin taxt
    replied

Hmm. I must be the only one that thinks the show is Meh. I watched the last episode and I still don't think it's all that clever. The jokes seem kind of forced and it just doesn't do anything for me.

Leave a comment:

• AlohaStitch
    replied

Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
    Well, if you've stopped watching...last night's episode was FUNNY! Nick as a jaded substitute teacher? Ha ha ha! And his moped! What a laugh! I may be the only one still watching, but I think it's funny, and it keeps me off the streets on Tuesday night!
    Trust me you are NOT the only one watching.. I know quite a few people (myself included) that have become addicted to the show.. and the list seems to be growing.

Last night was the best. ESPECIALLY since I am a teacher and I have done my share of Substitute Hell when I was starting out. Just laughed until I hurt..and called a number of teacher friends when I found out what the episode was going to be about. We were all still laughing about it today. Hopefully, it is now starting to catch on!!

(AND LOVE the whole bit with the principal trying to sooth Nick's feelings everytime something even MORE offensive about the school mascot would come up!

GREAT SHOW!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jazzman
    replied

After what I thought was a pretty lame premier I am pleasantly surprised to admit that I like this show. Each episode has been funnier and more clever than the last, and if it keeps up I think it could be worth sticking around.

That said, I doubt that it will survive. The critics have thrashed it, and because of that people are by and large staying away. It's too bad, because I think it's becoming pretty decent, but it will still die. I'll be disappointed, but ultimately not surprised.

Leave a comment:

• jane2073
    replied

I have watched all of the episodes so far and I think they are getting funnier every time.
    I really like the show!

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

I watched the 1st 2 episodes on ABC.com. I wanted to like it,
    and it's ok. It does have potential,

Looks like I missed last nights episode, also. will have to catch
    it at ABC.com, again.

Leave a comment:

• seenoevil
    replied

Well, if you've stopped watching...last night's episode was FUNNY! Nick as a jaded substitute teacher? Ha ha ha! And his moped! What a laugh! I may be the only one still watching, but I think it's funny, and it keeps me off the streets on Tuesday night!

Leave a comment:

• AlohaStitch
    replied

Oh man.. I missed it. (And upset because it apparently revolved around Nick). Haven't had a chance to TeVO it yet. And keep hearing right down the middle mixed reviews..

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

Yeah, stick a fork in this one. It's done...as is Car Pooling.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

I tried to watch the second episode. Where the first one kept my interest, I lost all interest on the second episode. I think I'm done with it.

Leave a comment:

• Trac
    replied

I watched it last night because y'all said to give it a shot - I didn't even chuckle once - I'm afraid it's one of the first five shows that are on the edge of the ole' chopping block

Leave a comment:

• Jazzman
    replied

Meh. Apparently writing sitcoms isn't actually sooo easy that even a caveman could do it after all.

(Come on, someone had to say it.)

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Wait was it on again?

Leave a comment:

• seenoevil
    replied

Anybody give it another shot? I thought the second episode was funny. I'm not sure if it's funny enough to stick around awhile, but we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Kuzcochik
    replied

My brother was watching it so I gave it a shot.
    It was just kinda "meh"
    I laughed probably twice in the 1/2 hr period.
    Just didn't do it for me

Leave a comment:

• hoppypooh
    replied

The only reason I watched is because caveman "Joel" went to highschool with my cousin.

Leave a comment:

• CUatDL
    replied

The promos for the show were better than the show. Of course this often the case with many shows. I might watch again.

[email protected]

Andy

Leave a comment:

• jane2073
    replied

I love the commercials but after hearing bad reports about the show earlier this year I was afraid it was going to be a miserable mess. Fortunately I was pleasently surprised. It retains the tone of the commercials pretty well. I really enjoyed it.

I have too many shows that I want to watch this season.

Leave a comment:

• AlohaStitch
    replied

I'm trying to find the link again...but saw an article that talked about how the ABC "PC Police" got nervous about the tone of the show and really "toned it down and re-worked it" for the pilot.

COMMON, ABC...WE KNOW YOU READ MICECHAT!!! Give us our Cavemen in all their wonderful, non-PC compliant, neanderthal glory!!!!!!!

And yes, ALL of the guys were great!!!! (But Nick is STILL my fav!) :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X