This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing Daisies

I am about halfway in through the Pilot of Pushing Daisies and I had to come on to MiceChat to tell you all to WATCH THIS! It is absolutely great!

The only way I have come up with to describe it is it is sort of like Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. There is a narrator and it is visually stunning and whimsical. But it's more colorful and obviously the story is completely different. It is just making me smile so much, even though there is definite sadness.

I really recommend it and can't wait to hear what other people think. It is on tonight 8/7.
    ***** - Loved It
    74.24%
    **** - Liked It
    18.18%
    *** - OK
    3.03%
    ** - Didn't Like
    1.52%
    * - Hated It
    3.03%
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Re: Pushing Daisies

This is the show I've been waiting for. So glad to hear you like it! :clap: Can't wait to watch tonight.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I am watching it now and it's really pretty good. It also has a Harry Potter connection and the voice of the narrator is Jim Dale who does all the US versions of the Audio Book. I have all 7 now and they are fantastic. The show has a very interesting story line. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of relationship they can have without ever being able to touch.
      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

:clap: Yay another good review! I really loved it, I think it's my new favorite! (until Lost!!)
        �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Just finished, and I love this show!!! Definitely gonna watch this one.

And I love the narration.

Comment

Just finished watching this show (which is now 1 hour, 22 minutes and 23 seconds old ) and I loved it! Ok, I kind of went into it a little bias because the creater Bryan Fuller has created a couple of my favorite shows before, Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls. And, he didn't disappoint me in this one either. I liked all the characters very much. Ned (Lee Pace) use to star in Wonderfalls so that helped with some of the same feel for me and I've always been a fan of Chi McBride. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this show!

Comment

:clap: I soooo loved this show!! TP, Lemony Snicket...good comparison. I was actually thinking Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe! Kinda both!
              Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
              FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
              I bring the magic!!!
              "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
              Originally posted by Reverend DMother
              Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

I was hooked as soon as I heard Jim Dale's voice. I agree it is a combo kind of Dead Like Me, Lemony Snicket, BeetleJuice. We will be watching. So far they have only made 6 episodes so I hope it catches on and becomes a hit.
                sigpic

Comment

I loved it so much!! it was funny!! The characters are just perfect!! It's an awesome show, I hope it has a long run!!

Comment

Fun fact: The premise of this show comes from an idea the writers had for a character is season three of Dead Like Me.

This is the show that I've been looking forward to the most since upfronts last May. It by far exceeded my expectations. Lee Pace has been a favorite of mine since Wonderfalls, and the rest of the actors were all pitch perfect in their roles.

My only concern is that they won't be able to keep up with what they started with. The blend of cinematography and music really set the a particular tone for the show that might be hard to replicate week after week. But if anyone can do it, I know Bryan Fuller is up to the challenge.

I lied. I have one other concern: the ratings. This is the type of show that might have trouble catching on with the masses. But I do have confidence in ABC that they'll stick by the show. They already have shown a lot of commitment in how extensively they've advertised it.

I'll cross my fingers because this show owns my soul.

Comment

I have been looking forward to this show ever since I saw the first preview in the movie theater this past summer. I loved it for all the same reasons others have mentioned above. I really hope they can keep the same quirky feel that this first episode had. The preview for next week does look good. It has a bittersweet feel to it.

By the way, the funeral home in his old home town looked familiar to me. Do you think that was filmed on a back lot or is it a real place somewhere.
                      sigpic

Comment

I also love this show. I hope it does become a big hit. I'm looking forward to next week's episode.
                        I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

Comment

I really liiked the show (it reminded me of a Walgreens commercial-"In the town of Perfect...").
                          My problem is that I am afraid the "We really like each other but can never touch" is going to get really old really fast.

Comment

I definitely enjoyed the show. The sustainability of it will definitely depend upon the creativity of the writers to come up with interesting plot twists, etc. to hold audience interest. Getting the female lead involved in the process of the "reward collecting" could provide some interesting scenarios.
                            Rod

.....a dawn for new awareness........(S.B. Anthony, American Adventure, Epcot)

Comment

)I was so pleasantly surprised and a show that my daughter can watch with us. I hope it stays. It is so nice to have a show that I actually find funny. I can not wait till next week. great show...:thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                                I have been looking forward to this show ever since I saw the first preview in the movie theater this past summer. I loved it for all the same reasons others have mentioned above. I really hope they can keep the same quirky feel that this first episode had. The preview for next week does look good. It has a bittersweet feel to it.

By the way, the funeral home in his old home town looked familiar to me. Do you think that was filmed on a back lot or is it a real place somewhere.
                                This is a very good show. The chemistry between Ned and Chuck is nothing short of great. The fact that they are attracted to each other but cannot touch -- I felt the angst as much as they did.

And I quoted you because not the funeral home, but Chuck's house looked familiar to me too. If I am not mistaken, that looks like the house used in Honey I Shrunk The Kids. Although I could be wrong...

Comment

One thing that intially in all the ads turned me totally off was the look of Chuck. She loooked too kewpi doll in the ads. Did anyone else feel that way? I ended up liking the show, but nervous about liking it.

Comment

Originally posted by WDWLakelandFL View Post
                                    I definitely enjoyed the show. The sustainability of it will definitely depend upon the creativity of the writers to come up with interesting plot twists, etc. to hold audience interest. ... snip
                                    I also watched the show. It semed a little quirky, but watchable.

I believe this show, because of the premise, will really require more creativity than some other shows to keep it afloat.

I will watch it again. It adds to what was a pretty dead (no pun intended) Thursday evening TV schedule.

CU@DL

Andy
                                    -
                                    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

I just watched it again on the their website. I thought it was very cute and quirky, I'm insterested to see the direction they will take this in.

Although there are just to many opportunities for him to touch her accidently, like when they smashed the monkeys, that I have to wonder if they will play up on that.

Comment

I loved it! I wasn't so sure if it would be any good but it totally was. The cinematography was great!! I can't wait for next week

Comment

Working...
                                        X