• Show
Clear All

Re: The I Love Lucy Thread

think of us as your ethel mertz advice.

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
      I don't think I understand what you mean.

Comment

It goes without saying that this is the greatest, most important, and most groundbreaking TV show of all time, just because six years of shows (1951-57) have lasted more than 50 years. Long after life on earth as we know it is long gone, an I Love Lucy episode will still be playing, somewhere.

Because of the role she played, many people don't realize just how smart she was. And Desi, agreed, doesn't near enough credit fof his behind the scenes work on the show. And what a talented and versatile musician and bandleader he was.

Most of my favorite episodes have been covered here. I didn't care for most of the Europe episodes, especially the Scotland one.

In the classic job-switch episode, everyone remembers the candy factory scene. But my favorite part is watching the men, in the scene when the kitchen basically explodes.

Timeless.

-- Barry
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

ah yes where fred and ricky are cooking and ends up as a messed up kitchen lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

Oh never mind

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
              Ethel was always behind Lucy, no matter how crazy her schemes were.

I think that's what rex meant??
              "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                Ahh, the wacky friends who agree to go along with whatever crazy scheme I can come up with? And not only agree to go along with it, but somehow have all the necessary costumes in a trunk in the attic, who can transform my apartment into Havana in a mere afternoon? :lol:

I'm in more trouble than I thought!
                A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                  Ahh, the wacky friends who agree to go along with whatever crazy scheme I can come up with? And not only agree to go along with it, but somehow have all the necessary costumes in a trunk in the attic, who can transform my apartment into Havana in a mere afternoon? :lol:

I'm in more trouble than I thought!

"Ma ma ma ma, mama yo quiero."

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
                    Ethel was always behind Lucy, no matter how crazy her schemes were.

I think that's what rex meant??
                    yep.

Comment

I'm in love with you... uhHoney.

Oh no! Not that!

Say you love me too.... honey.

No! Not again!

Agree that the worst episode was Scotland. I also never liked any episode where they are in a play: Little Ricky's school play, Lucy and Ethyl are in a play for the Wednesday Afternoon Fine Arts League club and they run out of money so they repossess the props (I am the queen of the gypsies... the hip-hip-hip-hip-hip hipsies), Lucy writes a play that they get mixed up between Spanish and British.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                        I'm in love with you... uhHoney.

Oh no! Not that!

Say you love me too.... honey.

No! Not again!

Agree that the worst episode was Scotland. I also never liked any episode where they are in a play: Little Ricky's school play, Lucy and Ethyl are in a play for the Wednesday Afternoon Fine Arts League club and they run out of money so they repossess the props (I am the queen of the gypsies... the hip-hip-hip-hip-hip hipsies), Lucy writes a play that they get mixed up between Spanish and British.
                        It is said that Lucy's favorite character that she ever played was "Camille" the gypsy.

Comment

I do like The Operetta, but Little Ricky's play I can skip.
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

OK...how did I miss this thread for so long??

Well, you've gone over most of my favorites, but off the top of my head...I don't think I've seen the Loving Cup episode mentioned. Ethel won't wear blue jeans on the subway (heaven forbid!! lol) and Lucy manages to convey all those embarrassed emotions even when we can't see her face when she realizes her scarf has come off and she knows people are staring/laughing at her. She's an amazing actress, you can picture her embarrassed face perfectly even though it's hidden from us!

Comment

Also, someone asked about the Loving Lucy conventions that were in Burbank many years ago. I went to three of them and they were great, I'll always remember meeting the people who were were involved in the making of television history.

Lucy is such a great part of my life. I remember growing up watching it with my grandparents. My grandma was my favorite person in the world so these memories represent some really good times.

In my early 20's I got my first dog of my own, she was an amazing Black Lab Mix from the Long Beach animal shelter and I named her Lucy. She passed away last summer after 14 years of being a wonderful companion...she was a reliable source of good feelings, love, and laughter. Obviously she lived up to her name.

I think I'll pop in some Lucy now, it's a rainy Sunday and if I'm not going to DL today I can't think of much better to do!!

Comment

Working...
                              X