Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

The "Password" is... Regis

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Password" is... Regis

Variety and tvgameshows.net are reporting that CBS is planning to bring back that Goodson-Toddman (now owned by RDF Media through its' Freemantle Media North America division) classic Password sometime either this year (if there's a writers' strike) or in 2008 with Regis Philbin as host, and to jack up the excitement, a $1 million grand prize will be offered.

For those of you that don't get GSN, the original version was hosted by the late Allen Ludden, although the versions shown on that network are from the 1980's and another version was hosted by the late Bert Convy as well. The game has celeb/civilian teams playing with one-word clues in a game. No word if this will be the vintage version of the modern five-clues-with-a-puzzle version now airing on the GSN daytime schedule. I hope GSN does a marathon of the vintage episodes as we get closer to the debut of this new version.

Re: The "Password" is... Regis

Everytime I think of Password I think of the movie Cable Guy.

I'm okay with them brining the game back ... but why Regis?

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
      I'm okay with them brining the game back ... but why Regis?
      Why not? The host of Password really should interact with the teams, and be social (but not give out the answers, yes, I'm looking at you Convy).

We'll see. Password has been devolving since the original (see: Rhyming Clues, Opposites Allowed, etc.), and I really don't think the modern casted contestant (or celebrity) has the mind for a game like Password.
      -Monorail Man

Comment

Should be interesting.

Saw that Regis is scheduled to be part of a group of Celebrities playing "Whose Smarter than a 5th Grader?" during November sweeps.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Password is/was a great show. BErt Convey was a great host, even moreso than Alan Ludden. I love forward to it with one reservation. It was a very good show and doesn't need all these crappy gimmicks like WOF. Stick with a franchise that works!

Comment

I watch Regis everyday on his talk show and like him a lot. I think he will make a great host as he interacts with people really well.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X