X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your favorite Twilight Zone episode

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    I'm still willing to talk Twilight Zone with you, even if you are loopy on prescriptions.) Or loopy on lack of drugs.
    You know what I need? A glass of instant smile.

(I'm sure you know the episode I refer to there...)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
      You know what I need? A glass of instant smile.

(I'm sure you know the episode I refer to there...)
      Hmmm. Not ringing a bell.

Comment

Hmmm. Not ringing a bell.
        "I don't want to be happy all the time. Some times I want to cry."

"Why, every girl just can't wait...for the change."
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

"I don't want to be happy all the time. Some times I want to cry."

"Why, every girl just can't wait...for the change."
          You may have me stumped Barry. I'm thinking of one where a woman sees an evil lady on a horse and runs for her life. Later she becomes an alcoholic looking for a divorce and relizes the scary lady on a horse she saw was herself. I don't think that's right but It's all I can think of.

Chad

Comment

"Number 12 Looks Just Like You" ... with Richard Long. A ypung woman tries futilely to resist the "state" mandated body change that essentially gives up her identity, books, ideas and sense of self-worth.

Comment

Ah yes Barry. That epsiode probably has the prettiest actresses of any one. Good Stumping!

Comment

I indeed was referring to "Walking Distance" - Gig Young was the star as I recall. "Willoughby" was also a favorite of mine.

With "Death's Angel" are you perhaps thinking of "One For the Angels"...where Keenan Wynn makes his one big "sales pitch" to save the life of a little girl who was scheduled to die.

--Barry
                When I saw that one when I was a kid, at first I thought that there's no way anyone could make such a sucker out of Mr. Death. What would Death want with a bunch of bogus crap like thread and loud ties? But then I realized he was just pretending to be a sucker so the salesman would follow up on his end of the bargain. Most episodes I usually got right away, but I guess I was a little slow on that one. )

Comment

Originally posted by cerpin taxt View Post
                  When I saw that one when I was a kid, at first I thought that there's no way anyone could make such a sucker out of Mr. Death. What would Death want with a bunch of bogus crap like thread and loud ties? But then I realized he was just pretending to be a sucker so the salesman would follow up on his end of the bargain. Most episodes I usually got right away, but I guess I was a little slow on that one. )

That's the true brilliance of the TZ. You can watch an episode 20 years later and understand something totally different or watch one the next day and see things in a completely different light.

God Bless Mr. Serling.

Comment

The Invaders
                    The Jeopardy Room
                    The Dummy
                    Bewitching Pool
                    Kick the Can
                    Living Doll
                    Four o' Clock
                    The Fugitive
                    To Serve Man
                    The Grave
                    Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up
                    I Shot an Arrow Into the Air
                    and Five Characters in Search of an Exit

...are all great favorites of mine.

-Skip

Comment

As I have gotten older, the continual downbeat endings ("They all lived miserably ever after") wear on me. What was clever and original in 1960 is somewhat less fresh after almost 50 years of repeated viewings.

The ones I continue to like -- possible spoilers for the young'uns-- include:
                      • The 16mm Shrine, where Ida Lupino watches her old movies and eventually winds up in them. Good support by Martin Balsam and directed by old-time Paramount director Mitchell Leisen.
                      • A World of His Own, with Keenan Wynn and his tape recorder. Great twist in the lead-out.
                      • Eye of the Beholder also has a great twist, but I twigged to it in the first two minutes when there was a close-up of the cigarette package. I was eight years old.
                      • Long Live Walter Jameson, an excellent use of the ageless Kevin McCarthy.
                      • Five Characters in Search of an Exit, which I did NOT figure out even though I first encountered it in my 20s.
                      • I also like the one with the little penny-fortune machine, where the wife gives her husband a cut-the-crap pep talk and they walk out of the diner, free, as an elderly couple walks in and tentatively asks the machine "Can we leave today?"

My faves. YMMV.

--t
                      Another refugee from Yertle's stack o' turtles.

Comment

Good choices tod.

I'm not a big fan of the Ida Lupino one. Long live Walter Jameson & FCISOAE are very underrated. Nice Selections.

Chad

Comment

I love the Twilight Zone, but my favorite episode was the first one I ever saw, and i can't find it anywhere and people think im crazy when i tell them about it (maybe is was a dream?)
                          But what happens is this guy is able to get anything he wants beacause he thinks hes in heaven, and after a while he gets bored, and he finds out hes really in hell.
                          I know its not the escape clause, thats what I thought it was...any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by pveticket View Post
                            I love the Twilight Zone, but my favorite episode was the first one I ever saw, and i can't find it anywhere and people think im crazy when i tell them about it (maybe is was a dream?)
                            But what happens is this guy is able to get anything he wants beacause he thinks hes in heaven, and after a while he gets bored, and he finds out hes really in hell.
                            I'm pretty sure the one you are thinking of is "A Nice place to visit". This Epsiode also fetures Sebastion Cabot who is the voice of Baghera in the Jungle Book.

Do you ever come to MiceChat meets? I may be able to burn you a copy. Let me know. Great episode. Ending is a little anti-climatic though.

Chad

Comment

I'm pretty sure the one you are thinking of is "A Nice place to visit". This Epsiode also fetures Sebastion Cabot who is the voice of Baghera in the Jungle Book.
                              And while it's off topic and non-Disney, he's best known to most of us as "Mr. Gilles French" from the old TV show "Family Affair".

Comment

The Odyssey of Flight 33. I was really big into dinosaurs when I was a kid, and this one had a dinosaur in it.

Second favorite episodes are too numerous to mention.
                                -- Rita

Comment

Do you ever come to MiceChat meets? I may be able to burn you a copy. Let me know. Great episode. Ending is a little anti-climatic though.

Chad
                                  Thanks for the offer, but my dad has the full dvd box set so i'll check there. Then again...another reason to renew my pass, haha thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by pveticket View Post
                                    They made fun of that one on Futurama. Well actually they made fun of several episodes and made it all look like one story. I'd describe it but it's off topic. I thought it was kind of funny.

Comment

Working...
                                    X