This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog The Bounty Hunter Yanked off A&E at least for now

The "Dog" is in the "doghouse" for the time being at A&E.

From msn.com...

HONOLULU -- Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's show has been pulled from the air indefinitely by A&E, two days after a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly was posted online.
    "In evaluating the circumstances of the last few days, A&E has decided to take 'Dog The Bounty Hunter' off the network's schedule for the foreseeable future," the network said in a statement Friday. "We hope that Mr. Chapman continues the healing process that he has begun."
    Here's the link to the full story, which first broke in the National Enquirer, along with Duane's tirade.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=282343&GT1=7703

Hope they get it all together soon. I love the show.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Dog The Bounty Hunter Yanked off A&E at least for now

Well, from what I understand, the comments were pretty bad. So I'm not surprised he's been pulled.

Apparently Al Sharpton has contacted him already. Can't wait to see those two fabulous hair-do's (or dont's) in the same picture.

Comment

Now that is too bad. It was an interesting show. But in some ways, this was inevitable.
      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I used to like the show but then it just got annoying to me how they acted holier than thou. I listened to his tirade and I think this is what he is like when the cameras are not rolling. You can listen to it yourself and form your own opinions:

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/31/dog-ch...filled-tirade/
        sigpic

Comment

He seemed pretty exteme for me - never saw more than 10 minutes of his show......his racial slurs are not good, but of no surprise coming from his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
            He seemed pretty exteme for me - never saw more than 10 minutes of his show......his racial slurs are not good, but of no surprise coming from his mouth.
            Why would you say it's no surpirse? You just said that you haven't watched more than 10 minutes of the show, so how would you know what is normal
            for him and what is out of character?

I watch the show all the time, and I was VERY surprised by his tirade. It seemed very unlike him. I like the show, even though his holier than thou attitude does get on my nerves sometimes. I hope the show isn't gone forever. But I am really sick and tired of all the BS racism. It is the freaking 21st century and people can't seem to figure out how wrong they are when it comes to being racist. So. Stupid.

I am really disappointed with him and even though I am a fan of the show, I am not sorry to see people punished for behaving so badly.
            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

From what I heard, The N. E. wanted to take pictures of Duane's dead daughter but they were not allowed to. So during a private conversation, his son decided to record a phone call with him and turned it into the N. E. to simply hurt the guy.

No, I don't approve of what he said, I don't approve any of the actions that theses people decided to take.

I don't think Dog needs to talk with any one such as Sharpton and Jackson. What business do they have in it anyway? It's a personal matter, let the Chapman's deal with it. I think Duane just needs to apologize to his son's girlfriend.

But regardless, I still can't believe a son would sabatage their own father like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink View Post
                Why would you say it's no surpirse? You just said that you haven't watched more than 10 minutes of the show, so how would you know what is normal
                for him and what is out of character?

I watch the show all the time, and I was VERY surprised by his tirade. It seemed very unlike him. I like the show, even though his holier than thou attitude does get on my nerves sometimes. I hope the show isn't gone forever. But I am really sick and tired of all the BS racism. It is the freaking 21st century and people can't seem to figure out how wrong they are when it comes to being racist. So. Stupid.

I am really disappointed with him and even though I am a fan of the show, I am not sorry to see people punished for behaving so badly.
                You're right - I stand corrected. I guess I just hear things from people about him and formed my opinion on that notion - wrong of me to do that. I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                  From what I heard, The N. E. wanted to take pictures of Duane's dead daughter but they were not allowed to. So during a private conversation, his son decided to record a phone call with him and turned it into the N. E. to simply hurt the guy.

No, I don't approve of what he said, I don't approve any of the actions that theses people decided to take.
                  As a member of the media, I have been repeatedly warned that it is illegal to record a phone conversation with another without getting the consent of the other person before taping begins.

May I assume that the same would be true in this case.
                  A pox on all their houses in this matter.
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Addendum...the "on-screen" guide for my satellite service had several re-run episodes of "Dog" listed on their schedule for Saturday (We have "Dog" on a season pass).

Alternative programming (like Dallas SWAT) came on in place of each of those, even though "Dog" was still listed for the time slot.

I guess A&E means business. And they just didn't get the info out to all the folks who "program" those guides.

Comment

Although I no longer like the show and am glad it is gone I am sorry for the whole family when you think just last year they lost a grown daughter to a car accident. Then this son who has been serving time in prison records a private family conversation and sells it to the National Enquirer for something like $20,000.
                      sigpic

Comment

For the record, as a native Hawaiian, I think the show stinks.

It makes Hawai'i look like a cesspool of crime. Not to say that it doesn't have its fair share, but it's not as rampant as Dog makes it appear.

Not only that, but a lot of these "dangerous" places he goes to are not considered dangerous by anyone except Dog and his producers. It's all sensationalized and many people who live in Hawai'i hate this man and his crew.

Also, anyone not from Hawai'i should never attempt a pidgin accent. It just ain't right. It's like someone from Boston faking a Southern accent when they visit Texas, it just isn't polite.

And lastly, with all his touting of his Christian beliefs, calling someone an n----- is far from being Christ-like.

I hope the show doesn't come back.

Comment

I believe in Hawaii, the law states that as long as one party is aware of the recording, the other person doesn't need to know. So the taping was not against the law as far as I know.
                          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
                            For the record, as a native Hawaiian, I think the show stinks.

It makes Hawai'i look like a cesspool of crime. Not to say that it doesn't have its fair share, but it's not as rampant as Dog makes it appear.

Not only that, but a lot of these "dangerous" places he goes to are not considered dangerous by anyone except Dog and his producers. It's all sensationalized and many people who live in Hawai'i hate this man and his crew.

I hope the show doesn't come back.
                            Well, I guess I want to "speak" in the Dog's defense, again not involving the current controversy but the overall themes presented by the show.

I don't think he makes Hawaii look like a "cesspool" of crime any more than COPS does that in any city they represent.

Obviously, you are closer to the scene in Hawaii but it sure seems like he has his share of fans there too.

I am a bit biased perhaps because this is a man who did what the authorities couldn't...capture sex drug-date rapist Andrew Luster, who did his despicable acts about a mile from where I live.

I know it's reality TV...and all is not as it seems...but the Dog and his team always, at least on the show, treat their suspects with class and allow them their dignity...and I love the message that others might hear, that no matter how bad things night appear, there's always hope.

And I hope the show returns to the air soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket View Post

And lastly, with all his touting of his Christian beliefs, calling someone an n----- is far from being Christ-like.
                              I completely agree with this comment. Do you know, my Mom was interested in his show early on, and I guess his language got so 'bleeping' ridiculous...and because he was touting Christian beliefs, and such, my Mom went to his show website and contacted them and told them that being a Christian woman herself, she didn't think his language and cursing was very 'Christlike' and thought that should be curbed. Well, they never replied - and now this.

1 - way to go Mom for standing up for your beliefs
                              2 - way to go GeminiCricket for stating the obvious as well - what Dog said was not Christlike at all.

Comment

A&E pulled the reruns of the show as well...

Source

Comment

I know from past experience thatI am not the only "Dog" fan here on this website. It appears that the others have gone into hiding.

Comment

I know they chase after these guys because they end up loosing out on money. But they are WAY! to over dramatic how they like bust in the and every other word from there mouth is get down ** Then once they get them to the car they act like best friends. Too much drama for me.
                                    Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                                      I know from past experience thatI am not the only "Dog" fan here on this website. It appears that the others have gone into hiding.
                                      Not true. I find his show interesting and entertaining sometimes. I have never met the man, so i am not the greatest judge and it may all be an act, but he seems to be a good man. So he cusses. I'm a christian and i cuss like Tony montana at a sailors convention, it doesn't mean i love the lord less.

He doesn't need to apologize to Sharpton, Jackson, A&E or anybody but his son's wife/girlfriend. We have all said things, in private to others, that some would find offensive. Does that mean we need to call the offended parties national representitive? No. Like i said, Dog needs to give a sincere apology to his son's significant other and others can go suck a lemon.

People are in such a hurry to crucify someone that they forget John 8:7
                                      Originally posted by John
                                      So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
                                      "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Personally, I always thought Dog was a bit of a joke and mostly a big douche with too much publicity, so I'm not surprised by his remarks, nor am I sad that his show is gone as I never enjoyed watching it.

That said, I see this entire affair as absurd and yet another glaring example of Political Correctness gone horribly wrong. His remarks were not public, they were made during a private conversation with his son. Not a reporter or media member, but his own flesh and blood. Were they stupid, offensive and juvenile? Extremely. But should everyone have to speak in private to their close relatives as though they are making a public address and adjust their language accordingly? Of course not. Our right to privacy is far more important than the imaginary right to never be offended that so many people in this country seem to advocate. Also, is it right that a person should have to suppress and ignore their own beliefs and opinions just because somebody out there somewhere might not agree with those beliefs and opinions? Again, of course not. Some people are just a-holes, and guess what? They have every right to be. People don't have to like someone or be liked by everyone, and if Dog wants to be an a-hole with archaic prejudiced views, then that's his right. Taking away the man's livelihood and publicly stoning him for it is no answer. If an individual doesn't agree with his actions then they can turn his show off and if enough people do, then it will sort itself out. But shame on A&E for jumping on the PC bandwagon. This is as bad as ABC crippling Grey's Anatomy by firing one of its best actors, losing one of the show's best characters in the process, all because he has some personal opinions that aren't necessarily the most mature. While we are constantly pounded over the head in this country to be respectful of other people's opinions and accept our differences, if those opinions and differences don't fall in line with certain groups' agendas then you're screwed. So much for "Free Speech."

Which brings me to another aspect of this controversy that irritates me. The "N word." Ooohhh, the dreaded "N word." Oh no! I'm seriously sick and tired of seeing people crucified for using a word that others use liberally. It isn't solely the awful, evil "N word" either. There are several, and they are all equally ridiculous. It reminds me of the Harry Potter series and Voldemort's name. It's taboo to say it, but it is that very taboo that gives the word its power. The more we attack and execute by public opinion people who slip up with just a word, the more mystique and power we give those words. It's already out of hand, but it doesn't need to be. If certain groups would grow some thinker skin and a stronger spine and become secure enough in themselves and their heritage that a word isn't volatile enough to injure them, then these words would gradually fade away. But as long as there are those who continue to act as though certain words hold special, evil magical powers and that their mere utterance is damaging to a person's very soul, then these words, their mystique, and the nonsensical discord which they sow are things we will never rid ourselves of.

The Dog may be a [email protected]$$, and he may be out of line with some of his views, but those are his rights, words are only words, and a private conversation between a man and his son is his business and his alone.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X