• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TinkPink
    I used to live here.
    • Feb 2005

Project Runway: It's Sew Time!

Hurray, the new season started tonight!

So what was everyone's first impressions? That Lisa chick (I think that was her name) is like a female Santino. I was bored with half the stuff they made tonight, but impressed with the other half.

God, I love this show!
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

• SorcererMickey
    WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Nov 2006

Re: Project Runway: It's Sew Time!

I have been waiting patiently for this show to begin. First show you just get introduced to all the contestants so the real fun should start in another episode or two.

Carry On!

Comment

• mousercise
      MiceChatter
      • Sep 2006

:yea:Yay!!! My favorite show is back!!!!

I really liked Rami and Christian's designs, glad they made it into the top two this week. But it's so early to tell what's going to happen. All I know is Elisa is crazy and Jack is hot (did anyone else see that clip of him getting dressed in the apartment? ).

Comment

• kirbilicious
        MiceChatter
        • Feb 2007

It's been a long year but I'm glad it's finally back! I really liked Rami's dress. It reminded me a bit of something Uli would make. (She was my favorite in Season 3 - still think she should've won.) I'm still baffled by Elisa's and Simone's (she was the one who got kicked off, right?) outfits. Elisa's was actually really pretty aside from that horrible looking train. Why would she possibly think that was a good idea? And why was Simone's dress so poorly constructed? The dress seemed rather simplie in design and I just can't figure out what she did with all of her time. I thought she used strange color combinations too.

Comment

• BFJen
          For You!
          • Feb 2006

I love this show. I do wish that they wouldn't have so many commercials though. (I usually dvr it, but I didn't last night).

Anyway, was who was the guy that said that he's a pretty big deal, and kinda famous (in his own head). His outift was just awful! The plaid jacket with the ruffly thing - it was so ugly, but the designers just loved it!
          sigpic
          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• Aladdin
            Prince Ali
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
            I love this show. I do wish that they wouldn't have so many commercials though. (I usually dvr it, but I didn't last night).

Anyway, was who was the guy that said that he's a pretty big deal, and kinda famous (in his own head). His outift was just awful! The plaid jacket with the ruffly thing - it was so ugly, but the designers just loved it!
            Christian, with the odd "haircut". Yeah, those big POOFY shoulders
            were out of the 80's. Something out of Dynasty. Couldn't believe the
            judges said that was back in style.

I didn't think the woman's underwear designer deserved to be in the
            bottom 3 ~ the black/silver babydoll dress was certainly a lot better
            than many of the outfits. I couldn't stand that one dress that looked
            like a sack of potatoes.

And that one dress that was in the bottom 3, hahahahaha,
            it looked like it was "Barney the Dinosaurs" girlfriend! hahahahahaha
            with that big long multicolored long green tail!
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• TinkPink
              I used to live here.
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
              It's been a long year but I'm glad it's finally back! I really liked Rami's dress. It reminded me a bit of something Uli would make. (She was my favorite in Season 3 - still think she should've won.)
              I loved Uli through the whole season. But I don't think she should have won. I like both Jeffrey's and Laura's collections in the finale better. But man, they were ALL great.

I liked it. I didn't at first, but like Heidi, it grew on me. It was very high fashion. Which means no one would really wear it except for on a Runway.
              �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

• MonkeyDishwasher
                • May 2006

I agree... it's a "high fashion" thing us peons would never understand... I could definitely see how they would like it though. It was very visually interesting, original, detailed and well made. Simone's dress WAS very boring and I mean when you're given "Who are you as a designer? What is YOUR point of view?" You better be making a dress that you KNOW can exemplify what you can do as a designer. That way if you're out, you know anything else you could have done wouldn't have been appreciated, and you also would have gotten your best (under the circumstances) out there at least for one episode.

Comment

• kirbilicious
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
                  Simone's dress WAS very boring and I mean when you're given "Who are you as a designer? What is YOUR point of view?" You better be making a dress that you KNOW can exemplify what you can do as a designer. That way if you're out, you know anything else you could have done wouldn't have been appreciated, and you also would have gotten your best (under the circumstances) out there at least for one episode.
                  The thing that baffles me too is that it was such a straight forward and simple challenge. They didn't need to rip apart their apartment for materials, there were no design restrictions, and they could take whatever fabric they wanted for free. If the dress she put down the runway is really who she is as a designer, then she definitely deserved to go home.

Comment

• kirbilicious
                    MiceChatter
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                    Christian, with the odd "haircut". Yeah, those big POOFY shoulders
                    were out of the 80's. Something out of Dynasty. Couldn't believe the
                    judges said that was back in style.
                    I personally didn't like his outfit either but I just couldn't get past his terrible hair. As my friend said, "I want to light his head on fire because his burned scalp would look better than that hair." Sadly, I found it difficult to disagree.

Comment

• Matt Hamand
                      Collapse the waveform
                      • Jan 2006

Christian sounds like Azrael Abyss from Saturday Night Live.

Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Comment

• Quacky4Donald
                        Don't Mess With The Duck!
                        • Oct 2006

I find Christian to be the most annoying and most arrogant a** out of the whole group. I was hoping and praying he'd go home. The outfit he constructed was horrible, in my opinion.

I won't even get started on "nature girl." I'm all for spirituality and connecting with one's aura and stuff, but there is a fine line between being "connected" and being loopy.

I find Steve(n) to be quite attractive. Although I don't really understand the reasoning behind why he felt he had to declare that he's straight in the beginning of the show. I think most people would know that there's straight designers in the world. Talk about overcompensation. LOL

...Joe...

Comment

• mousercise
                          MiceChatter
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Matt Hamand View Post
                          Christian sounds like Azrael Abyss from Saturday Night Live.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=6676720

:lol:he does!

Comment

• mousercise
                            MiceChatter
                            • Sep 2006

So what did everyone think of this week's episode?

How crazy is it that Elisa ended up in the top two?! Never thought that would happen after seeing week one's creation. Didn't really like the winning outfit talk about having no figure wearing that dress. Overall it was amazing to see what they could do with $15.

Oh and I saw Nick Verreos at the MOCA in LA today . So exciting! Season 2 was my favorite.

Comment

• EvilQueen
                              Disgruntled Former CM
                              • Apr 2007

Thankful for the couple of pieces of "Eye Candy" on the show this year (OK; Rami and Jack defenitely play on the Other Team - don't really want to have to fight someone to stop wearing my heels - but Lot's O' Fun to look at... hopefully, they will 'catch' Jack getting into his jeans every morning; Gawd knows that we don't need to see Christian in the 'all together'...); even the Straight Guy and the lingerie designer are both kind of Hot ** (or maybe I'm just having a hot flash / need to get out more...)

I think that when the Mother Ship dropped Elisa off on this Planet, they forgot to give her some helpful info on how to 'blend in' - that is one Twisted Sister (did you see all the "Spit Mark" ?!?! You know that had to make Tim Gunn unswallow while he was watching the tape...)

We already have a Couple of Criers, a couple of "Out Theres", and a couple of really Talented Designers: in other words, this Season is shaping up nicely...

Personnally, I liked Laura's Final Designs from last year the Best: Girlfriend made a baby (with that goofy looking hubbie) AND some really expensively, classy duds from her budget...

** Speaking of HOT; Tink Pink - who is that HOTTIE 'Michael' in your Avatar?!?!
                              "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

• sdmom
                                MiceChatter
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mousercise View Post
                                How crazy is it that Elisa ended up in the top two?! Never thought that would happen after seeing week one's creation. Didn't really like the winning outfit talk about having no figure wearing that dress. Overall it was amazing to see what they could do with $15.
                                I was really surprised how cute the cape looked. I could pass on the dress, but the cape was awesome.
                                Also, it was soooo funny to see the designers pee their pants over SJP and then to hear she is designing for "Dave and Barry" which is one step up from K-mart!

Comment

• kirbilicious
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sdmom View Post
                                  I was really surprised how cute the cape looked. I could pass on the dress, but the cape was awesome.
                                  Also, it was soooo funny to see the designers pee their pants over SJP and then to hear she is designing for "Dave and Barry" which is one step up from K-mart!
                                  I thought that was interesting as well. At first I didn't pick up on where Tim said the clothes would be sold but then when I heard Heidi mention Steve and Barry's, I just laughed to myself.

And could there seriously have been any more crying in that episode?? The lingerie designer (I think his name is Ricky) is the worst. He seems to just randomly cry every time he is on camera and for virtually no reason. There was at least one guy crying just for seeing SJP and thenn Cameron was crying on the runway when they asked her if she or Christian should go home.

And what is up with Christian? He is so annoyingly arrogant. I was quite happy to see him in the bottom 2 especially after all of his talk about how the other designers were afraid because his outfit was so strong. If anything, I think they were afraid to be reminded of the '80's.

Comment

• Matt Hamand
                                    Collapse the waveform
                                    • Jan 2006

So, Jack carrying Christian around. Could that kid work the Chris Kattan vibe any more? First the Azrael Abyss look/sound and now being carried around like Mango. What's up with that?
                                    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Comment

• Aladdin
                                      Prince Ali
                                      • Jan 2005

I couldn't believe they had Ricky in the bottom two. Even though
                                      he had some pins holding some of the finishing. At least he did
                                      three pieces, unlike that bizarro collar and ill fitting pants. And Heidi
                                      criticized the colors Ricky chose ~ when it was the same colors
                                      that Tiki Barber was wearing at the time! Then Tiki said Ricky's
                                      design look like something a 5 year old put together ! It looked
                                      almost like what he was wearing. Sweat P definitely deserved to
                                      be in the bottom 2, not Ricky
                                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• mousercise
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                                        I couldn't believe they had Ricky in the bottom two. Even though
                                        he had some pins holding some of the finishing. At least he did
                                        three pieces, unlike that bizarro collar and ill fitting pants. And Heidi
                                        criticized the colors Ricky chose ~ when it was the same colors
                                        that Tiki Barber was wearing at the time! Then Tiki said Ricky's
                                        design look like something a 5 year old put together ! It looked
                                        almost like what he was wearing. Sweat P definitely deserved to
                                        be in the bottom 2, not Ricky

It's too bad Ricky was in the bottom two, it could have been really good if he had finished it. But you can't just send it down the runway with pins in it!!

I don't agree with the judges' choice of Jack as the winner. Kit should have won, her's looked the most put together. Not that I really liked any of the designs very much this week.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X