Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Disney looking at 21st Century Fox assets

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney looking at 21st Century Fox assets

    What is happening here? 21st Century Fox wants to get out of the entertainment industry?

    https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-disne...-as-1820947490
    Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post
    What is happening here? 21st Century Fox wants to get out of the entertainment industry?

    https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-disne...-as-1820947490
    I don't care as long as they don't sell Disney/ABC their news division. There needs to be at least one good reliable news network on the air.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Whipland View Post

      I don't care as long as they don't sell Disney/ABC their news division. There needs to be at least one good reliable news network on the air.
      Due to antitrust regulations, I don't think they are.
      My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

      1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
      2. Pirates of the Caribbean
      3. Splash Mountain
      4. Mad Tea Party
      5. Peter Pan's Flight
      6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

      Comment


      • #4
        This could get real nasty between Disney and Comcast. Both are major players that don't like to lose.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mr. P View Post
          This could get real nasty between Disney and Comcast. Both are major players that don't like to lose.
          Considering that Fox seems to be favoring Disney, I have a feeling that Disney is going to win it all. And they said they will have an answer for this sometime next week.
          My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

          1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
          2. Pirates of the Caribbean
          3. Splash Mountain
          4. Mad Tea Party
          5. Peter Pan's Flight
          6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Whipland View Post

            I don't care as long as they don't sell Disney/ABC their news division. There needs to be at least one good reliable news network on the air.
            If Disney bought 21st Century, the deal would NOT include News, FOX affiliated stations OR Football, due government regulations. It would only be select TV Channels(FX,FXX) and All Fox TV Shows and Movies that FOX produces. X-Men, Fantastic 4 and Avatar (Movie rights) would be owned by Disney, though.

            Comment


            • #7
              So what’s Disney really after?

              sure, the Star Wars movies that are still under some distribution thing with 21st Century Fox, but then what?

              Rights to ‘Hello Dolly’ and ‘The Sound of Music’?
              Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

                If Disney bought 21st Century, the deal would NOT include News, FOX affiliated stations OR Football, due government regulations. It would only be select TV Channels(FX,FXX) and All Fox TV Shows and Movies that FOX produces. X-Men, Fantastic 4 and Avatar (Movie rights) would be owned by Disney, though.
                I just saw a report that Disney is interested in Fox's RSN's (regional sports networks).

                https://finance.yahoo.com/news/disne...190231427.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post
                  So what’s Disney really after?

                  sure, the Star Wars movies that are still under some distribution thing with 21st Century Fox, but then what?

                  Rights to ‘Hello Dolly’ and ‘The Sound of Music’?
                  Rights to any X-Men films AND Avatar films would be under Disney's control AND ownership. They might also own Blue Sky Studios, as well(Ice Age,Rio).

                  Disney can Buy FOX Sports Channels but it can not own any FOX affiliated station(the one with local news and regular tv programming. There will be precise wording in the contracts, if the deal goes through.

                  Comment

                  Unconfigured Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X