X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Anyone else watching it?

I have been a fan for over thirty years!! I love this parade.

Xanadu musical?! The movie is very cheesy (but I still love it). However the musical looks like it multiplied the cheese by 1000. It looks pretty hokey.

Menudo? I didn't know they were still around!!

Re: Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

YAY for Poppins! I have a very special friend that was working the parade so I felt like I was there!

Love a good parade! I can't wait for the balloons!

Comment

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
      Anyone else watching it?

I have been a fan for over thirty years!! I love this parade.

Xanadu musical?! The movie is very cheesy (but I still love it). However the musical looks like it multiplied the cheese by 1000. It looks pretty hokey.
      !

just watched it. the weather was perfect for the parade today

Menudo? I didn't know they were still around!

The old group isnt around. They formed a new group. I think they sound pretty good was never a fan but hope they make it.
      Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
      Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

I just saw the Mary Poppins segment.

With all due respect I thought it was horrible. Way too slow and way too much dancing...

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

BEing a Disney fan I know this is sacrelige, but I don't like parades one bit. Especially on TV.

Comment

I've got enough Poppins love for all! It's one of my favorite book series, my favorite Disney movie and I'm always glad to see any little bits from the Broadway show!

The Shrek balloon was cool and I was moved by the marching band from Virginia Tech.

Comment

The Poppins scene was awesome! :clap:

Xanadu looks deliciously cheesy. Yum.

I'm jumping between two TV's. Football and the parade. I love today!

Comment

Yea for Poppins!!! (and to a friend on worked on Poppins at the parade today)
                One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

All of my thoughts are being given here;
                  http://twitter.com/edrp

Comment

The Oklahoma Sooners band ,was terrific. Their majoret was absolutely amazing - not to mention being one Haut cutie! She had it going on the double baton twirling performance.

Mary Poppins was a fantastic perfoprmance as well. In addition to the outstanding vocals and dancing was the synchronized hand signals. I loved it.

The big news this year is that Shek went green and environmentally friendly. Yay Shrek! :lol:
                    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

WTF was with the lame "Live" singing? That was the worst lip syncing since Milli Vanilli.....

Holy crap, it was terrible? From Lifehouse, to some R&B guy, it just sucked. We can put men on the moon, but not have live performances from parade floats?

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                        WTF was with the lame "Live" singing? That was the worst lip syncing since Milli Vanilli.....

Holy crap, it was terrible? From Lifehouse, to some R&B guy, it just sucked. We can put men on the moon, but not have live performances from parade floats?
                        Kelly Clarkson should have lipsank. She performed during the Jets/Cowboys halftime, and her voice reaked. The announcers looked shocked and didn't utter a comment when she finished - other than "Kelly Clarkson". He boice was more grating and old scratched up record.

There's too many vocalists that can't perform outside of recording studios where thr voices are heavily modified.

As for the parade, the marchng bands sounded too faint and drouned out by the crowd. There needs to be some sort of a filtered relay system that brings out the crispness and clarity of public performances without having to resort to prerecorded music and (in the case of vocalists) lip sinking. Even Dolly Parton Parton appeared to be lip syncing, and she's one of the finest vocalists in the world.
                        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-23-2007, 10:56 AM.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I saw about a third of the parade and I wanted to watch the Hairspray part but my dad was like "okay we're leaving!" right as the float was visible!

Comment

I watched most o the parade. The xanadu part was horrible. that is one play I wold not see.

I liked the Mary poppins performance. I missed most of the balloons though. That part of the parade does not interest me. I did stop workign on dinner to see most of the singers and YES, the lip syncing was pretty bad.

Comment

I love to watch parades, and I do like to catch the musical
                              "performances" on NBC, as they are the ones that broadcast
                              from in front of Macy's.

For the "Broadway" shows, this year really stunk! I though the
                              absolute worst performance was for "Legally Blonde". After seeing
                              that little snippet from the Broadway show ~ there is NO WAY I
                              would sit through that show! (I really liked the movie, but the songs???
                              BLECCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!)

At least Xandu had some eye candy, and music that was tolerable.

Mary Poppins stood out as the best performance among the
                              Broadway groups in the parade.

And I did like seeing Nikki from Hairspray (movie). That number was
                              definitely cut way too short ~ but at least it came out on video this
                              week, so I can watch the whole thing. By the way, is the theatrical
                              version of "Hairspray" still showing on Broadway????

Did the strike have an effect on which Broadway shows that were part
                              of the Parade???

As for the lip syncing, yeah, it's pathetic, but it is what they have
                              always done for the parade ~ and pretty much become standard
                              practice. The only ones that perform live are the bands, which in
                              most cases are the most boring parts of the parade (and this is
                              coming from a former marching band member) .

It does appear that they recycle several of the parade unit ~
                              (like the malt shop unit that Nikki was on) And it's really
                              weird seeing so many of the units bounce around! hahahahaha

I'm surprised that some of the people on the floats don't end
                              up falling down, or even off the floats entirely. Bindi Irwin
                              looked like she was going to get bounced up off the float by
                              her Crocodile Guys.
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X